Rockets @ Suns game thread 11-16-17

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wanted Oladipo or McLemore but am glad we took Len instead of McLemore because we may not have picked Booker if we took him and Oladipo was off the board already. That draft sucked though, Giannis was the best player in it and he was taken #15 and the #1 overall pick couldn't make it 3 consecutive years in the league, meaning he didn't even make it through his rookie contract. That says something for the quality of the draft, IMO. Sure it's only 1 player but when that player is taken #1 overall that shows that there weren't many NBA ready players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Greg Monroe's +/- was only -2 in 26 minutes played. I quit watching in the 4th and didn't pay much attention in the 3rd quarter but I know he was out there when the team was getting lit up in the 1st quarter. He had 20 points, 11 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, and 1 assist. Shooting 10-14 from the field as well.

The +/- is odd for a few players though. Chriss had a 0 in his 16 minutes. Daniels had a -6, and Jackson had -9. Those are the only players with single digit plus/minus, of course everyone else had negatives.

Booker had a double double, with 10 assists to go with 18 points. This was Devin's 5th career double double, his 3rd from points and assists, and his 2nd double double of the year. He had 3 his rookie year and none last season. I'm curious how many were to Monroe. Having Monroe helped some offensively but the Suns won't play like that unless they're player the Rockets or Golden State. They just don't run like that or play at that pace.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400974967

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns official instagram even took a jab at the team during halftime...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here is a screenshot in case the link doesn't work...
You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol that funny. You knew this was going to be a blow out, Houston can run you out of the gym but I'm not impressed by them they need to do it in the playoffs now.

It's interesting watching the 76ers young players they are just so much farther along, but Embid and Simmons have already missed a ton of games early and I don't think they will last. It's starting to come to light the Suns need to start drafting polished players not projects.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Was at the game last night. I can’t believe just how big the gap is between the Rockets and Suns. Wow! Houston is a juggernaut. They are so smooth. Their offense just flows. Ball movement, spacing and positioning... and of course their shooting. Just wow.
As for our guys... Monroe is a legit threat down low. He’s a scorer for sure.
But man do we have serious gaps. This is gonna be yet another frustrating season as our guys are totally over their heads. I think the biggest issue is our lack of a legit/true Point Guard. We literally have nobody running our offense. Ulis is not a NBA starter. His minutes are painful. And Josh, Bender, TJ and even Booker to an extent are all so inconsistent... And Len is amazingly frustrating... should be so much more than he is. Ugh...

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I honestly think PHX needs to consider keeping Monroe long term as he is easily the best big man on the roster. Unfortunately, I think he is counting the days when he can get the hell out of here since he is a FA at the of the season. I am sure he would be happy to accept a buyout or a trade to anywhere but here.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Alex Len looks like a rookie. There is absolutely no excuse to be that uncoordinated and clueless after being in the league for 4 years. Trade him, waive him, leave him at the hotel during the next road game.

And some on here think trading Chandler would have no affect on our standings? Start Len every game in his place and see what happens.

These are some of the same people that wanted to give Len a contract at 10-12 million per season a year ago. I tried to tell this board Len wasn't starter material and was basically laughed at. Well guess what.. Len couldn't even land a contract over the qualifying offer of 4 mill from the rest of the league.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not bothered much by the game last night. The Suns were dealing with sickness that clearly impacted play. If you look at the spread of minutes they conceded the game and gave their deep bench lots of time. Meanwhile Harden was jacking up shots going for the scoring title. I like Harden and DAntoni but that was a bit low brow also dangerous risking injury.

Watch the film. Move on. Monroe looked good. That can only help no matter what the plans are.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Losing Bledsoe did hurt. He is running Milwaukee fairly well, and is facilitating. Of course that means that he could have done that here and chose not to. AFAIAC Eric Bledsoe is a dispicable human being with no integrity. I will root for him to lose every game he plays.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing Bledsoe did hurt. He is running Milwaukee fairly well, and is facilitating. Of course that means that he could have done that here and chose not to. AFAIAC Eric Bledsoe is a dispicable human being with no integrity. I will root for him to lose every game he plays.

The huge problem with Bledsoe, as you are aware, the Suns were not going to pay him max dollars like he wanted. Also there was the risk of injury on this contract and future contracts. Let him have his day. The Suns were smart to move him while they still had a chance.

Bledsoe did the Suns a favor by wanting out.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I thought badly of Bled when he held us up the first summer but mostly he was a good soldier. He asked to be traded when the team balked at paying him the max and when nothing happened he squawked openly forcing his way out. Not the most professional approach but not that bad these days. I think he's landed in a good spot and I wish him well - and I'm tickled we don't have deal with Rich Paul anymore!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A despicable human being? Donald Trump is a despicable human being. Bledsoe is a guy who wanted to get paid and sent a stupid tweet. Get real... It's just basketball.

And McD is the one who badly screwed the pooch here. If he had ANY foresight and knew we were never going to sign him to a MAX deal (which ANYONE with a brain would have seen coming from a mile away) then he should have shipped him out during the off-season.

We have now shipped off THREE point guards, ALL of whom have shined at times for their new teams... and we are still a LAUGHINGSTOCK. Put blame where blame is due... on the idiot running the show.