Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
...to have someone in the organization following this place and use it to fluff is pretty damn funny.
the site was not created by someone in the organization who simply followed this place (though i'm sure they keep abreast of these forums, twitter, etc..)

if i'm correct, it was awkwardly put together by a long-time poster here with an incentive and agenda to protect Sarver and amplify "the company line"

You must be registered for see images attach

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
if someone would pay for an ad on twitter, do you think they wouldn't have someone working the free spaces on social media?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the site was not created by someone in the organization who simply followed this place (though i'm sure they keep abreast of these forums, twitter, etc..)

if i'm correct, it was awkwardly put together by a long-time poster here with an incentive and agenda to protect Sarver and amplify "the company line"

This site has been around for 20+ years, it was was sold around 6 or 7 years ago, to people who quite clearly are far bigger Cards fans than Suns fans, and this has always been a Cardinal centric board. I like the way they run things, the community and moderation hasn't changed much since they took over.

The Suns community here is strong but not particularly large, during the Suns dark ages (and ESPN killing their forums) a few Suns communities died out, I don't think it would take much effort for someone associated with the team to track the popular Suns sites that remain and cherry pick random talking points that put the franchise in a positive light.

I think you are overthinking things...

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
was the cherry picking really random? or mostly, and unnaturally picked from this small community
indeed, whoever wrote that puff and duck piece knows the territory on this particular forum very well

and i know the difference between someone digging in to defend their honest opinion
and spin with an agenda
in fact, i've called him out on it in the past

who twists the facts and truth would blur
do check the quotes, you will
concur (twice)

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
was the cherry picking really random? or mostly, and unnaturally picked from this small community
indeed, whoever wrote that puff and duck piece knows the territory on this particular forum very well

and i know the difference between someone digging in to defend their honest opinion
and spin with an agenda

check the clues...
i think you will concur (twice)

That song was always nonsense, no way King Tut was born in Arizona.

I always knew Steve Martin was a rat.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

and spin with an agenda

who twists the facts and truth would blur
do check the quotes, you will
concur (twice)

Wait. You are saying that someone on this site PAID MONEY to put up a weird article that seems to defend Robert Sarver. Goodness. That's a stretch. Many on this site HATE Sarver and the rest are ambivalent. Not sure if you could find ONE truly pro-Sarver poster on this board, let alone one dedicated enough to spend money on his behalf.

Nothing to see here. If you are looking for a conspiracy, remember Bryan Colangelo in Philly--might check Sarver's wife's checkbook.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wondered yesterday if I should respond to this...

And I won't.
It’s totally a joke, Chap.

Nothing should be taken personal when responding to the poster with the wild conspiracy theories. That dude is outta his mind.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I get that same stupid article pop up on twitter all the time, they're barking up the wrong tree!

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"article that seems to defend Sarver" ?
"someone on this site paid money" ? well, if it was out of their pocket, nothing they wouldn't have been compensated for

it is a common practice for businesses to have someone on staff to work social media. and even if it was just someone personally connected to Sarver, they wouldn't identify themselves as such or appear "pro Sarver." fans are expected to not be satisfied with team owners.

get a clue, or the few i've offered -- or, indeed, move along. there's nothing to see here
(and the NBA is "outta their mind" too for launching an investigation)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"someone on this site paid money" ? well, if it was out of their pocket, nothing they wouldn't have been compensated for

it is a common practice for businesses to have someone on staff to work social media. and even if it was just someone personally connected to Sarver, they wouldn't identify themselves as such or appear "pro Sarver." fans are expected to not be satisfied with team owners.

get a clue, or the few i've offered -- or, indeed, move along. there's nothing to see here
Who cares?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Show me where HH has said anything to warrant your claim that he's a Sarver shill. Sarver gets accused of a lot on this site, if all the accusations were true the guy would be in an insane asylum, a prison, or stuck inside his house because he couldn't figure out how to open the door.

Just because someone pushes back against a few of the absurd claims made against the owner, doesn't mean he's a Sarver apologist. Sarver is egotistical, arrogant, thinks he's a lot smarter than he is and has proven over and again that he's on the oustide looking in when it comes to understanding the human species.

But that doesn't mean RS kidnapped the Lindbergh baby, buried Jimmy Hoffa's body in cement or shot down Amelia Earhart's plane. IOW, you can be a horrible owner and still not be guilty of all the things laid at your doorstep.

We don't need a clue as to who you're referring to, most of us read all the fights the two of you had. But posting it with ZERO evidence to support your accusations is the wrong thing to do here.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
you can inject the lindbergh baby, jimmy hoffa, and amelia earhart into the conversation, and name names,
but i didn't, and i will not, because i can not

it's not a crime to have a hidden agenda on a sports forum
and, indeed, i have zero evidence (but i'd know how to find some if i cared enough to bother)

like someone else, i just smelled a rat -- and the clues peeked my interest:
1. surely, if it was someone here they'd be sure to quote their own brilliant defense from this forum, but it wouldn't conspicuously appear first, or last in the article.
2. they'd say something positive and affirmative about the article in this thread
3. they might share a symbol/visual statement/image here and there
4. they might refrain from their usual aggressive antagonization in this thread, just throw a dig and let the other, usual suspects do the rest
5. they might have a good deal of NBA knowledge and seem reasonable and logical at times, but be relentless, defensive, and veer off into ridicule when it was time to push their agenda

but then... could be anybody -- or nobody here. Sarver could be cool too
let's just consider it an unsolved mystery
-- some entertainment before the next game

case closed

go suns

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can inject the lindbergh baby, jimmy hoffa, and amelia earhart into the conversation, and name names,
but i didn't, and i will not, because i can not

it's not a crime to have a hidden agenda on a sports forum
and, indeed, i have zero evidence (but i'd know how to find some if i cared enough to bother)

like someone else, i just smelled a rat -- and the clues peeked my interest:
1. surely, if it was someone here they'd be sure to quote their own brilliant defense from this forum, but it wouldn't conspicuously appear first, or last in the article.
2. they'd say something positive and affirmative about the article in this thread
3. they might share a symbol/visual statement/image here and there
4. they might refrain from their usual aggressive antagonization in this thread, just throw a dig themselves and let the other, usual suspects do the rest
5. they might have a good deal of NBA knowledge and seem reasonable and logical at times, but be relentless, defensive, and veer off into ridicule when it was time to push their agenda

but then... could be anybody -- or nobody here. Sarver could be cool too
let's just consider it an unsolved mystery

case closed

go suns
Lol

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

OK. Who's the secret Sarver lackey here?!! Step up. Sound out and be counted.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
To me Sarver is in the same position as Trump. Both have their "imminent demise" hoped for, and wished for, but I will only believe it when I actually see it! :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me Sarver is in the same position as Trump. Both have their "imminent demise" hoped for, and wished for, but I will only believe it when I actually see it! :D
Lol... same.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m Robert Sarver. I can’t hide it anymore guys. I’ve been a forum member since before I owned the team. Using the Boise thing as a clever disguise of course. :)

Bob, if you get a chance, I have some trade ideas I'd like to talk to you about.