RIP Chris Cornell

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
"Say hello to heaven..."

One of the greatest voices of our time. R.I.P Chris.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow....that sucks...

I didnt know audislave had three albums I guess I should get them, I love their one album I own. Amazing voice, sad news. RIP.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in complete shock. Cornell is one of my musical idols. So very sad.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really interested in hearing this medical report.

Absolutely everybody is saying he was in good spirits and happy and showed no signs of depression. He just played a show. Was on tour. The sudden randomness of it makes it extremely strange. Granted I can understand that a suicidal person can hide it well.

Without a single iota of knowledge of what happened, I would wonder if it might have been an accidental suicide. Maybe he was doing some drugs, hallucinogens, who knows and he had a bad trip and that made him do something he didnt mean to. Meaning he didnt want to die nor was suicidal. Right now im leaning heavily towards he had a bad reaction to something.

Will wait and see.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow....that sucks...

I didnt know audislave had three albums I guess I should get them, I love their one album I own. Amazing voice, sad news. RIP.
If you could "wear out" a CD from playing it too much, my Audioslave CD would have been toast long ago.

That said, i haven't listened to it in years but it's still one of my favorites. Like A Stone was my favorite from it, but the whole thing was solid.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you could "wear out" a CD from playing it too much, my Audioslave CD would have been toast long ago.

That said, i haven't listened to it in years but it's still one of my favorites. Like A Stone was my favorite from it, but the whole thing was solid.
I own out of exile, need to get the others.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still a bit shaken from this. He had a perfect male voice in my opinion. We lost another great one. His family must be devastated.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad. I was raised on the bands sound garden, pearl jam, nirvana, Alice in chains. Losing all of them. Very sad to hear.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still a bit shaken from this. He had a perfect male voice in my opinion. We lost another great one. His family must be devastated.

I cannot think of a better male singer for the type of music I like.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What a loss. College years were defined by bands like Soundgarden.

Eddie is the only voice left.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot think of a better male singer for the type of music I like.

I think I read once that he had an almost four octave range. That's probably double the range of most people. Still, the thing that always struck me was how much emotion he could convey in the notes along with his great writing talent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think I read once that he had an almost four octave range. That's probably double the range of most people. Still, the thing that always struck me was how much emotion he could convey in the notes along with his great writing talent.
I liked Nirvana and Alice in Chains, but my 20s were defined by Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, more specifically Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder. He did have a four octave range--just an amazing voice.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well thats interesting, I just learned that both Pearl Jam and Alice in chains released their first albums in 1990. id always gotten the feeling Pearl Jam was older, like Nirvana. 87-88

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn