ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This was inevitable

Aw well, one more talent leaves AZ, what else is new

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Marshall is leaving and that hurts this team.

Pathetic.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So, Drew Rosenhaus is taking him on a tour. Good! They and the Cards will get a true sense of his market value.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You guys act like no other team loses FA's.

That's because we don't care that other teams lose free agents. Unless their free agents sign with us and help us win or weakens an opponent what does that have to do with the Cardinals?

Other teams losing key free agents doesn't cause Arizona losing a key player to have any less of an adverse impact on our ability to watch the Cardinals win football games.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's because we don't care that other teams lose free agents. Unless their free agents sign with us and help us win or weakens an opponent what does that have to do with the Cardinals?

Other teams losing key free agents doesn't cause Arizona losing a key player to have any less of an adverse impact on our ability to watch the Cardinals win football games.
It should temper your senseless bitching and moaning though...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

You are the one who is constantly bitching and moaning. I've never seen someone complain so much about what other people post.

You act like no other team has fans who complain about the things their team does.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

That being said, I agree.

Levi Brown, and Richard Marshall are two guys that could help this team, but both only help at the right price.

While I understand Marshall's importance to the team, he is only the 3rd safety, and NB on the team.

There are a handfull, at least, of DB's that have the potential to do what Marshall did for this team last year.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's going to get paid a lot better by someone else than we would be able to. From our point of view, I think he's looked at as the one year fill in for Toler.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Levi Brown, and Richard Marshall are two guys that could help this team, but both only help at the right price.

While I understand Marshall's importance to the team, he is only the 3rd safety, and NB on the team.

There are a handfull, at least, of DB's that have the potential to do what Marshall did for this team last year.

Don't forget that we should see Greg Toler back on the field this season. On the other hand the LT spot won't be so easy to fill.

I don't think Marshall was that great anyway but it would be good to keep together the players that gave us the best Defense, over the last half the season, we've seen since probably 1994. However, we all know that, sadly, money plays a huge role in personnel decisions.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe we will miss Marshall big time. Toler is coming back from a season ending injury and Marshall just got better as the year went along. Oh and Jefferson is horrible.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are the one who is constantly bitching and moaning. I've never seen someone complain so much about what other people post.

You act like no other team has fans who complain about the things their team does.
But I can read, write and formulate simple thoughts. I'm sorry, it's just annoying to have to wade through so much unneccessary whining on here.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
But I can read, write and formulate simple thoughts. I'm sorry, it's just annoying to have to wade through so much unneccessary whining on here.

Like the posts in this thread I just had to wade thru because you felt like bitching about other people bitching? It's free agency, people complain, get over it.

That said, I was really hoping for a PP, Toler, Marshall CB corps with Jefferson on the bench where he belongs.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can live without Marshall (especially with Toler expected back & healthy), but I am a bit nervous about our credibility - Ray Horton made a big deal about loving Marshall's versatility. But when it's time For us to put our money where our mouth is, how come we're not stepping up to the plate?

AzCardzFan

Veteran
Reaction score
CB Eric Wright's deal with Tampa Bay: 5 years, $37.5 million, including $15.5 million guaranteed..... Would you pay Marshall $7.5M/yr? What about $5M/yr?

I think he is gone.....we wont pay him.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We have bigger fish to fry than Marshall. We are trying to woo Peyton Manning with an OL in complete disarray. We have ZERO starting tackles on the team. Since he's coming back from 4 NECK procedures, it might be something important to him.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
CB Eric Wright's deal with Tampa Bay: 5 years, $37.5 million, including $15.5 million guaranteed..... Would you pay Marshall $7.5M/yr? What about $5M/yr?

I think he is gone.....we wont pay him.

We have bigger fish to fry than Marshall. We are trying to woo Peyton Manning with an OL in complete disarray. We have ZERO starting tackles on the team. Since he's coming back from 4 NECK procedures, it might be something important to him.

With both OT spots needing to be addressed with immediate starters, I think we invest our limited CAP space to the most pressing area.

Marshall is a luxury we mtl can't afford right now.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Prices of FAs go down over time. Let him shop around and hopefully he comes back. He's a nice player and I hope he returns, but championships are not won or lost with Marshall. I like what the Cards are doing this FA, they are bringing in some good FAs and hopefully pick some up.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Prices of FAs go down over time. Let him shop around and hopefully he comes back. He's a nice player and I hope he returns, but championships are not won or lost with Marshall. I like what the Cards are doing this FA, they are bringing in some good FAs and hopefully pick some up.

I do think championships are won by teams who have a good number of players who have been with them for several years. This was the case with the 2008-2009 Cardinals for instance.

However, the Cardinals have a pressing need at Tackle and that takes precedence over continuity with Marshall. Glad to see Arizona focusing for now on the offensive line.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would pay Marshall 5 mil per year, but that is the max. He just isn't worth anymore than that IMO. He is versatile, but he didn't jump out at me when he was at CB. I think we could get similar production out of Trufant for less money.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard