Richard Marshall meeting with Miami

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I would pay Marshall 5 mil per year, but that is the max. He just isn't worth anymore than that IMO. He is versatile, but he didn't jump out at me when he was at CB. I think we could get similar production out of Trufant for less money.

Problem is that Marshall was a valuable special teams player, who greatly contributed to PP's punt return success according to Jurecki. But I agree with the 5-million cap for his services. If he can get more elsewhere, than so be it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
this is the problem, Championships are usually won with teams that are able to keep as many of the Marshall level players are possible that will not walk because they are not getting big bucks. At times, teams like the Pats seem to be loaded with average solid players and throw in a stellar QB and you have championships.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I like Marshall, but he's a hybrid CB/S---which does not translate to anything more that $3m per---so let him get overpaid somewhere else.

People are quick to toss A.J. Jefferson under the bus---but now that he's gotten his feet wet, he will be a better backside CB than Marshall will ever be. Plus, Greg Toler, if he returns at full strength could outshine Jefferson and Marshall.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I like Marshall, but he's a hybrid CB/S---which does not translate to anything more that $3m per---so let him get overpaid somewhere else.

People are quick to toss A.J. Jefferson under the bus---but now that he's gotten his feet wet, he will be a better backside CB than Marshall will ever be. Plus, Greg Toler, if he returns at full strength could outshine Jefferson and Marshall.

But he is a free qagent which means you take his actual value and multiply it by 1.75 and that is what it will take to sign him.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kinda bummed about this personally because I don't think we can match what he'll get on the open market. I don't know how much he's worth, but I think he was very valuable last year. You can't really understate the toughness he (helped) bring to our defense last year. He wasn't all-pro or anything, but I was impressed with his tackling and coverage ability in general. Too often I think the consistent, tough plays are overlooked because a dude isn't flashy, but he was one of our most consistent guys in my opinion and I believe he fit Horton's scheme really well. We weren't about flash, we didn't create a lot of turnovers, we made teams drive the length of the field in small-to-medium chunks and made them do it all game long. Marshall was integral to that process in my opinion.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kinda bummed about this personally because I don't think we can match what he'll get on the open market. I don't know how much he's worth, but I think he was very valuable last year. You can't really understate the toughness he (helped) bring to our defense last year. He wasn't all-pro or anything, but I was impressed with his tackling and coverage ability in general. Too often I think the consistent, tough plays are overlooked because a dude isn't flashy, but he was one of our most consistent guys in my opinion and I believe he fit Horton's scheme really well. We weren't about flash, we didn't create a lot of turnovers, we made teams drive the length of the field in small-to-medium chunks and made them do it all game long. Marshall was integral to that process in my opinion.

Well said and I agree 100%. Making plays is what it is all about and Marshall really increased his value as the year went on.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
suxx...he just signed three years 16mil with miami.....blows ass...........

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard