Reviewing the preseason tapes - thanks to 40yrfan

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave Pasch and John Mistler call a nice game but they missed something this preseason. And that something is Levar Fisher.

Through the first 3 games, Levar Fisher was around the ball all the time, whenever he was on the field.

Ray Thompson may currently be our best LB, but the fastest LB, with huge upside, is Levar Fisher. When we blitz both Fisher and Adrian Wilson at the same time, we destroy blocking schemes.

If Levar's knee holds up, this man will be notorious by season's end. All our opponents will know who he is, by name and number.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree. Did you spend anytime concentrating on Hodkins? Especially against the Bears he showed how he is going to improve our rushing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion
Dave Pasch and John Mistler call a nice game but they missed something this preseason. And that something is Levar Fisher.

Through the first 3 games, Levar Fisher was around the ball all the time, whenever he was on the field.

Ray Thompson may currently be our best LB, but the fastest LB, with huge upside, is Levar Fisher. When we blitz both Fisher and Adrian Wilson at the same time, we destroy blocking schemes.

If Levar's knee holds up, this man will be notorious by season's end. All our opponents will know who he is, by name and number.

I agree completely Skkorp! I rewatched all the games the day after I saw it live to concentrate on more details rather than just trying to enjoy the game. Fisher is quite simply a manchild! The guy is furiously fast and is in every single play. He will be the best LB on this team by years end IMO. He probably would have been by last years end if it wasnt for the injury. I hope he stays healthy too!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I watched Hodgins kill Urlacher... And I knew I saw somthing in Fisher last year. But alot of people wanted to call him a bust since he was hurt...

cardzfan

Veteran
Reaction score
I noticed Fisher makes a difference in the pass rush. He has some speed. Hodgins neutralized Urlacher. Dick Jauron told Mac that the Bears do not have one player in any postion that is as fast as a Cardinal in the same position. In the NFL, speed kills. I know the Bears have their troubles, but he paid the Cards a HUGE compliment. I think the speed factor will be the most surprising aspect of the season. It WILL catch teams off guard.

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skkorpion

The best play that Levar had this preseason may have been against the Cowboys. He flew in the backfield and destroyed the lead blocker to give Adrian Wilson the "kill shot" on the running back.

Oh yeah...the sack in San Diego was nice too.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Re: Re: Reviewing the preseason tapes - thanks to 40yrfan

Originally posted by Jim Omohundro
The best play that Levar had this preseason may have been against the Cowboys. He flew in the backfield and destroyed the lead blocker to give Adrian Wilson the "kill shot" on the running back.

Oh yeah...the sack in San Diego was nice too.
Dont forget that great tackle for a loss vs the cowboys, I think it was in the first series!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz