Report: Greg Toler signed with IND

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@willbrinson: Colts announce agreement in principle with CB Greg Toler (love it) and OT Gosder Cherilus (meh).

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@kentsomers: Interesting, Colts sign ex-AZ CB Greg Toler, who has injury history. Cardinals wooing ex-Colts CB Jerraud Powers, who has injury history

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Confirmed by Jim Irsay's Twitter.

Sigh.

And his earlier Tweet was:

"Colts Airplanes ready,packed with suit cases full of 100 million dollars...GM of the year,Grigs and HC Chuck,have our multiple target plan!"

How awesome would it be to have an owner like THAT?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Confirmed by Jim Irsay's Twitter.

Sigh.

And his earlier Tweet was:

"Colts Airplanes ready,packed with suit cases full of 100 million dollars...GM of the year,Grigs and HC Chuck,have our multiple target plan!"

How awesome would it be to have an owner like THAT?

He learned how NOT to be like Daddy. Unfortunately, Michael may be just like Daddy!

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He learned how NOT to be like Daddy. Unfortunately, Michael may be just like Daddy!

I'm starting to think the same thing. I'll wait to see who they sign, but going after injury prone guys again is not giving me hope.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smart move by Toler! With Luck at the Helm that team going to be good for a LOOOONG TIME!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Man.... What a smart move by Toler. Owner who "get's it" and he was smart enough to get out of dodge before the ish really hits the fan in the next couple of years.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
too rich for my blood. He was decent...far from great.

I wouldn't have paid 15 mill for 3 years as a GM...nope

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh yeah, we cruising to sucktown on purpose and while on speed control. Sounds like Arians wants first dibs in next year's draft. :D

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What sucks is that Toler wasn't re-signed / extended at the end of his initial contract.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
What sucks is that Toler wasn't re-signed / extended at the end of his initial contract.

Cards prefer the Levi Brown method:

Gamble that the market will tell the player how much they suck so the Cards can re-sign them at a discounted price.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

He was coming off a torn ACL that forced him to miss the entire season. So I can see why they didn't want to commit to him long term at that point.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toler had a total of 15 starts in AZ. Powers, who is about to visit has had 42 over the same period.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was coming off a torn ACL that forced him to miss the entire season. So I can see why they didn't want to commit to him long term at that point.

AZ tried to cut a deal, but the grace period over the weekend informed Toler that there was a heck of a lot more $$$ waiting on him in the market. This isn't about deserting AZ, but simply looking out for number one as he should. (IMO)

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
if we get sean smith out of this i don't mind

anyone else we are screwed. might be lucky to go 0-16 next year