Report: Eagles Shop Sheppard

NightHawk11and81

I love Daniela Hantuchova
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with inquiring, but I doubt we pull the trigger, Philly will probably want too much.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some pretty goo dplayers have been had for very little lately. 26 yrs old? Send them a 3rd rounder and see if they take it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Some pretty goo dplayers have been had for very little lately. 26 yrs old? Send them a 3rd rounder and see if they take it.
Considering Alan Shepherd had as much impact as last year's 3rd rounder, i'd do that in a second.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Normally, I would give up a 2nd rounder for a top 5 CB anyday, but he does seem to be injured quite a bit. Can anyone shed some light on what his injuries have been?

edit: On second thought, yes, ship the second rounder for him right now. Hood is our best CB and this guy kept Hood on the bench. I will take him right this instant.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Give 'em a 2nd rounder and never think twice, assuming his injury status is good. He's proven, he's young, and he's probably better than any CB we'd get in the 2nd round. Granted, there's always the possibility that a shutdown corner gets drafted in the 2nd, but that's a huuuuuge if, and this kid ain't. If we can do it, do it.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
:bhiich: X 10

Not to be a stick in the mud but sadly this is exactly the type of foresight and no-brainer move our front office NEVER seems to make.

Whether its the Bidwills or Graves I just hope it changes sometime soon:(

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
:bhiich: X 10

Not to be a stick in the mud but sadly this is exactly the type of foresight and no-brainer move our front office NEVER seems to make.

Whether its the Bidwills or Graves I just hope it changes sometime soon:(

Mmm, you never know. Like the move or hate it, we moved up to draft Branch in the 2nd round last year. Most definitely not expected, but aggressive in going after who we want. Shepherd (sp?) fits the mold as the type of player we want--a young, talented kid with plenty of playing time ahead and a ton of upside. I agree that it's doubtful we go after him, but I won't say it's absolutely not going to happen.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read the damned article. Risen blew the thread. Sheppard is not available. But what the hell, Finest, bash away anyway.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Read the damned article. Risen blew the thread. Sheppard is not available. But what the hell, Finest, bash away anyway.

Not my intention skkorp - it was more matter of fact.

I would say I'm one of the more optimistic posters (have you seen my recent post where I said Antrell Rolle will be a PB player this upcoming year?:))on this board.

But lets call a spade a spade. You have to admit that 99.9% of the times you see a player become available by trade, or cut from a team, or in the supplemental draft that would seem to really make sense - we NEVER make that move.

Trust me I am not bashing because I have hate in my blood. But if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck......

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Mmm, you never know. Like the move or hate it, we moved up to draft Branch in the 2nd round last year. Most definitely not expected, but aggressive in going after who we want. Shepherd (sp?) fits the mold as the type of player we want--a young, talented kid with plenty of playing time ahead and a ton of upside. I agree that it's doubtful we go after him, but I won't say it's absolutely not going to happen.

Fair counter point. You think Wisenhunt* has that kind of juice during FA too? I would hope so. And maybe Hood can place a call and tell him what AZ is like during winter.

*Is it too obvious for me to see that trade up as Wisenhunt driven?

OP
OP
T
Reaction score

Whoa whoa whoa! The report changed. At the time the thread was started the NFL Network and ESPN were both reporting it as if it were fact. We'll see where it goes.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can you say Tom Knight ?

From what I'm reading here, this guy is injured a lot

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Moot point now.

Wait, Wait, Wait...... so we are jumping off the bandwagon because the team DENIED the reports? Is that shocking? Doesn't that happen all the time to keep leverege in a trade situation.

Where theres smoke there fire- I say we should inquire about Tom Kni....errr Lito Sheppard and see what kind of deal he wants.*

*BTW - that's likely the deal breaker.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92