Redskins Off Season Drama

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington head coach Ron Rivera earlier released the following statement, also obtained by Rapoport:

"Biggest thing is that we have to move forward from this and make sure everybody understands we have policies that we will follow and that we have an open door policy with no retribution. Plus my daughter works for the team and I sure as hell am not going to allow any of this!

"Dan Snyder brought me here to change culture & create an environment of inclusion among employees. I believe everyone that works for this franchise has a vested interest in our success."

You have to feel sorry for Rivera. He seems like a good guy and now he is stuck trying to clean up this mess.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
That along with the resignations of staff make it clear at least some of the accusations have validity

Yeah, two staffers and the radio host...all 3 named in the article. If it weren't true, they'd be fighting for their jobs, IMO.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
No way should Snyder get off without being forced at least out of majority ownership. It is your responsibility as owner to know what is going on with your organization. He needs to be held accountable.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
For those against the change, I wonder how brownskins, whiteskins, blackskins and yellowskins would fly.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt... The same way lefties want to get to the bottom of the fake Russian dossier and the Epstein, Clinton, Obama pedo ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 week break

Any P&R in this forum going forward is a 1 week break

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I’m not sure I can stomach this upcoming season or any season with so many hating on me and my kind. My fanatic passion may well be over. The Washington Hogs is the best I can come up with that has a rationale with NFL history. Just hope they don’t fix problems with brand new problems.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up with a lot of Navajo kids in my neighborhood and school in phoenix. To this day they wear redskins gear all the time and are die hard redskin fans. .

I worked on the Navajo reservation in the early 1980's for about 3 years (Kayenta, AZ. for Peabody Coal putting in conveyor system). The ONLY NFL jerseys I saw up there were Redskins jerseys. Except for the superintendent, all my employees were Navajo and I spent a lot of time with them. Terrific people. A little quiet and reserved, but hard working and intelligent. Regardless, being a long time Cardinal fan, we always had a banter going about whose team was better. They loved their Redskins and were proud of them. I have a feeling if you asked the average Navajo today, they would be against this name change.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed this to Redskins Off Season Drama since it includes all the sexual harrassment charges.

The NFL is completely protecting Dan Snyder here. There is no way that 14 NDAs were signed and paid out without his knowledge.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed this to Redskins Off Season Drama since it includes all the sexual harrassment charges.

The NFL is completely protecting Dan Snyder here. There is no way that 14 NDAs were signed and paid out without his knowledge.

Has to be the worst owner in the NFL. That team has been a complete joke ever since he took over. On and off the field.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has to be the worst owner in the NFL. That team has been a complete joke ever since he took over. On and off the field.
5 winning seasons and two playoff victories since he took over. 21 seasons Snyder has been the owner, in case you were wondering.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If there were league contraction because of COVID, I submit the Redskins and Chargers for nomination.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/family-of-...s-logo-mixed-on-its-retirement-221811054.html

Bill Wetzel was eager to abolish the family’s ties with the Washington football team, so it’s no surprise he experienced a “sense of relief” when the team announced its desire to rebrand. It’s Bill’s hope that the Wetzel family can now reclaim his grandfather’s legacy after years of the team usurping it for its own purposes.

Of course, Bill is careful to point out he speaks only for himself. He knows that some of his elder family members feel differently about the logo than he does.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/could-...me-would-fans-be-happy-with-it-141015163.html

A Reddit user found that the same entity that runs “Redskins.com” had registered the domain “DCSentinels.com.” Sentinels was the name of the fictional team in the fictional 2000 movie “The Replacements,” starring Reeves.

User 'staticrush' on reddit has discovered that on July 15 2020, the same company that registers & manages "http://Redskins.com" registered a new domain..."http://DCSentinels.com"

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson