Ranking All 42 of Keim's draft picks

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Man seeing all that in one place really sticks the stink to Keim.

All you have to do, is look at our roster.

Not putting down the post, it was interesting to look at, but not surprising in the least.

Some of the worst 1st round picks imaginable. I still SMH at the Reddick selection, it was awful before the pick, during the pick, after the pick and continues to look like a STUPID move. 11th? LOL. Please, that is ridiculous.

David Johnson has had 1 great year, and 1 good year.....that is it.

Rodney Gunter may be the one player Keim has chosen that has been a "good pick".

I think Alex Okafor is too low on that list, BTW, he was a good pick in the 4th round

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rosen at #10 behind Rodney Gunter and John Brown is hilarious

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, that was a depressing read.

He ranked a couple guys too low, guys we gave up on, who are having careers in the NFL, but, wow. When you see guys who are barely hanging on in the NFL are top 15 material. It really is damning, more so than I would have thought.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Come on even I think he is better than those two.

If that is where he ends up in two years it's worse than I thought.

I was just asking to see if it was you expressing your disbelief about his ratings or you finding anoither way to say Rosen sucks.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just asking to see if it was you expressing your disbelief about his ratings or you finding anoither way to say Rosen sucks.

I am having bouts of hyperbole right now because there is still a decent chance he is an average NFL Starter and a teeny percentage he is a good NFL Starter.

But the majority is poor NFL starter.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I am having bouts of hyperbole right now because there is still a decent chance he is an average NFL Starter and a teeny percentage he is a good NFL Starter.

But the majority is poor NFL starter.

And yet to cling to the belief that a short QB will be a difference maker in a league that has very very very few (none 5`10 )QBs successful QBs.You cite statistics yet you ignore facts that short QBs are rarely successful?Riding both sides of that fence IMO.What are the stats on Murray being a successful NFl QB based on historical facts and numbers? Why should Murray be a exception?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet to cling to the belief that a short QB will be a difference maker in a league that has very very very few (none 5`10 )QBs successful QBs.You cite statistics yet you ignore facts that short QBs are rarely successful?Riding both sides of that fence IMO.What are the stats on Murray being a successful NFl QB based on historical facts and numbers? Why should Murray be a exception?

Oh man good question.

So if Murray was 3" taller I would not be wanting to trade down as my #1 choice. I believe he would be the consensus #1 at that point.

Your criticism is completely valid.

Here is basically what I see:

40% bust - short QB, limited sample size, great team. Gets hurt and is out of the league
10% poor - good accuracy but game doesn't translate
25% average - good accuracy but athleticism is overrated from college against NFL competition
25% great - very good accuracy and athleticism does hold up

So I put a heavy emphasis on Accuracy, AYPC, and QBR on 3rd and 7.

But he is a coin flip and you aren't wrong in your doubts

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Oh man good question.

So if Murray was 3" taller I would not be wanting to trade down as my #1 choice. I believe he would be the consensus #1 at that point.

Your criticism is completely valid.

Here is basically what I see:

40% bust - short QB, limited sample size, great team. Gets hurt and is out of the league
10% poor - good accuracy but game doesn't translate
25% average - good accuracy but athleticism is overrated from college against NFL competition
25% great - very good accuracy and athleticism does hold up

So I put a heavy emphasis on Accuracy, AYPC, and QBR on 3rd and 7.

But he is a coin flip and you aren't wrong in your doubts

40 % bust.Reasonable.But if he is #1 pick the expectations are higher along with the standards for whats just okay and what is bust.
35% average.Flutie-like career.Okay career but never justifying his draft position
15% poor game doesn`t translate
10% great.Very longshot

I don`t think those are unreasonable.He has some good qualitites and he has some areas of concern.Being a potential #1 pick and having those concerns and already having a QB and having very good defensive talent available early (top 5) are some of the reason I prefer going another direction.

Last edited:

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sometimes I question if Keim has combined the draft with a drinking game.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of those picks are so bad I would put Ryan Swope who never played a down in the NFL above some of those guys who actually played in the NFL.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are counting a lot of 6th and 7th rounders too which commonly dont work out. If anything, with any GM, we should rate the top 3-4 rounds as the rest is even more crapshooter than those.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Other than Ellington who really only performed for 2 years, there is not a single guy on that list picked in the 5th round or later that has done anything with the cards.

Makes me realize there is no point caring about the 3rd day picks with Keim making them.

Also makes me realize how good those veteran for a 6th rounder trades actually are - basically we are getting them for free.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson