Raiders EDGE Chandler Jones named one of the worst free agent signings

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Your math is truly dumb by at least a factor of 10:

Chandler has a 58.8 pass-rush grade and a 7.4% pressure percentage, which ranks 79th out of 91 qualifying edge defenders.
You can bring up all the stats you want. I go by the eyeball test. I know our pass rush is crap and anyone would have been an upgrade to what we have (including Chandler Jones). I don't look at stats but I guess we are bottom 10 in sacks per game.
I'm not advocating for Chandler Jones, I'm knocking Keim for not finding better replacement. To think what we had or some 3rd round picks were going to light the league on fire was "dumb".

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can bring up all the stats you want. I go by the eyeball test. I know our pass rush is crap and anyone would have been an upgrade to what we have (including Chandler Jones). I don't look at stats but I guess we are bottom 10 in sacks per game.
I'm not advocating for Chandler Jones, I'm knocking Keim for not finding better replacement. To think what we had or some 3rd round picks were going to light the league on fire was "dumb".

Your eyeballs need testing if you think Chandler would have offered anything of consequence.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Your eyeballs need testing if you think Chandler would have offered anything of consequence.
Why don't you tell me where we sit on sacks per game? My eye are just fine. I was at the game on Sunday and I know our pass rush is subpar.
You must be a Keim apologist and think what we got is just fine.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why don't you tell me where we sit on sacks per game? My eye are just fine. I was at the game on Sunday and I know our pass rush is subpar.
You must be a Keim apologist and think what we got is just fine.

Let me repeat: I Don't think Chandler would have offered much help, and his cost is ridiculous.

Get back to me with my quote saying that all things are fine.

mobyhammy

Reaction score
Wow, he really fell off a cliff, even for 32. I mean he had 10.5 sacks last year plus 6 forced fumbles. We really dodged a bullet there. Von Miller is 33 and still productive, so you never know.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Justin Houston is a monster though. He would eat like 3 of our lineman before halftime.