Raiders EDGE Chandler Jones named one of the worst free agent signings

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
No shock there and quite a few around here wanted us to sign him just because…
Yeah, go back and read the thread after our first game where he had 5 sacks. Everyone, virtually, wanted to pay him. But of course, it was not their money. That worked out OK for us.

Last edited:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good move not signing him. Bad move relying on Golden and the Barbarian.
This. I didn’t want to sign him for the money he got but he is 10 times better than what we have. The problem is our dumb dumb GM thinking we didn’t have to go out and sign a replacement.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. I didn’t want to sign him for the money he got but he is 10 times better than what we have. The problem is our dumb dumb GM thinking we didn’t have to go out and sign a replacement.

10x better then what we have based on what exactly? Both our rooks have more sacks then him albeit a minuscule amount. But CJ has a total of 9 tackles as a Full time starter Cameron Thomas has 10 in very limited snaps. Markus Golden is outperforming him and he played sparingly in the first two games IIRC due to his toe injury?

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cameron Thomas has been better than Chandler in key stats this year. If we had Jones at vet minimum he would be making our defense worse because he would be taking away Thomas's snaps.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
10x better then what we have based on what exactly? Both our rooks have more sacks then him albeit a minuscule amount. But CJ has a total of 9 tackles as a Full time starter Cameron Thomas has 10 in very limited snaps. Markus Golden is outperforming him and he played sparingly in the first two games IIRC due to his toe injury?
They all are below average starters by different degree, we should be focused on getting good starters!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They all are below average starters by different degree, we should be focused on getting good starters!
Agree. I think the 2 rookies have potential to be good, unfortunately we have a DC who’s system requires a masters degree from Harvard to learn.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Agree. I think the 2 rookies have potential to be good, unfortunately we have a DC who’s system requires a masters degree from Harvard to learn.
I think they really need to be a 4-3 defense.

Allen-Watt-Fotu or whoever-Thomas
Sanders-Collins-Simmons
Baker-Thompson
Murphy-Wilson

Drop Simmons to Safety for Nickel plays.

Basically, let all the youngsters play and grow. There is nothing to lose at this point. You have Allen and Watt to provide leadership on the front 7, with Baker and Murphy leading the backfield.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Relying on mid round rookies to fill important roles is a loser strategy, so Keim time!

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Always liked CJ and have sympathy in some respects: it must suck so bad to feel your physical limitations for the first time and see your production fall off a cliff.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always liked CJ and have sympathy in some respects: it must suck so bad to feel your physical limitations for the first time and see your production fall off a cliff.

I don’t understand this honestly? Sympathy? Father Time waits for nobody. It is what it is. I’m not sympathetic to him at all considering the massive contract he just inked with the Raiders and he got it being washed up.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t understand this honestly? Sympathy? Father Time waits for nobody. It is what it is. I’m not sympathetic to him at all considering the massive contract he just inked with the Raiders and he got it being washed up.
I'm getting old and empathetic Shane. Money doesn't stop your knees from creaking when you're old.

I deleted the rest because it was old timey.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That is unfortunate for him. Chandler was a great Cardinal while here and really nice to the fans. I won't be happy he is struggling

Same. I'm not surprised but I feel bad for him because he's a great dude. I hope he turns it around.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Your math is truly dumb by at least a factor of 10:

Chandler has a 58.8 pass-rush grade and a 7.4% pressure percentage, which ranks 79th out of 91 qualifying edge defenders.