R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2023)

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Kool sider? Darkaider? I know we suck but at the same time I know we're supposed to suck so I'm still somewhere in between

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't go as soul crushing or vomit, apparently this guys hasn't followed the cards too long
Agreed. Soul crushing was losing the Super Bowl despite a furious comeback by the Cards in the 4th quarter to take the lead. Losing like this in week 2 In a season we are expected to suck is just kind of disappointing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Agreed. Soul crushing was losing the Super Bowl despite a furious comeback by the Cards in the 4th quarter to take the lead. Losing like this in week 2 In a season we are expected to suck is just kind of disappointing.
Maybe not soul crushing, and a loss isn't a bad result for us, but the manner of the loss is. This had "Same old Cards" painted all over it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Today was a great day…for dark siders!
Really bad, trolling take. You are well aware darksiders don't relish losses--they simply don't wear rose-colored glasses about the state of the team. And lots of the non-darksiders around here are crowing about this result because of the tank, so...yeah.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe not soul crushing, and a loss isn't a bad result for us, but the manner of the loss is. This had "Same old Cards" painted all over it.

Oh I don't disagree with that. We have certainly seen this show before. The team has shown periods playing far better than their talent level though, but they can't sustain it for 60 minutes. Merely having a healthy Kyler to start the season and this thread probably wouldn't be getting posts right now.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I don't disagree with that. We have certainly seen this show before. The team has shown periods playing far better than their talent level though, but they can't sustain it for 60 minutes. Merely having a healthy Kyler to start the season and this thread probably wouldn't be getting posts right now.
Unless he played like playoff Kyler... :D

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The dark side perspective is we are counting on this staff to turn things around with these picks.
This defensive staff that gave up a 21 pt lead in the 2nd half. This offensive staff that ran 17 plays on four drives for 48 total yards after the Giants closed the gap to 14 pts. These are the guys? We are tied for 3rd in number of penalties and 1st in yardage.

I am not there yet, but these things are the concern.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The dark side perspective is we are counting on this staff to turn things around with these picks.
This defensive staff that gave up a 21 pt lead in the 2nd half. This offensive staff that ran 17 plays on four drives for 48 total yards after the Giants closed the gap to 14 pts. These are the guys? We are tied for 3rd in number of penalties and 1st in yardage.

I am not there yet, but these things are the concern.
Yes, and it still boggles my mind that a team with a defensive HC, who might be best known for choking away the lead in last year's Super Bowl, couldn't manage to keep a 21 point lead with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Only thing better would have been bringing in Matt Ryan instead of Dobbs.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was at the game. Very depressing loss. Tired of hearing Cards coach saying it's on him. What ever happened to 2nd half adjustments. Do only our opponents do them?? :bang:
Exactly. And I hope Gannon has a better idea of how many opposing fans will be in the seats from now on. He's used to coaching in Philly where they have solid hometown support - win or lose.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was at the game. Very depressing loss. Tired of hearing Cards coach saying it's on him. What ever happened to 2nd half adjustments. Do only our opponents do them?? :bang:
Amen regarding coaches taking the rap. I said this once before. Last year when the Chiefs made the team look like chopped liver after the first game if the year, KK said it was "my fault" the team was not prepared....if I was Bidwill the ink would still be wet on his final check after he said that and I gave it to him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard