R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2023)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd still rather have him than the people mentioned. Not that he's great, but still. Mike is maybe a bad boss who could stand to get out of his own way, Bezos and Musk are exploiting the world, the US, and exacerbating class disparities for levels of wealth not even needed for any human. Gonna leave the rest of my feelings about them to P&R.
Eh, I want a owner who wants to win.

I agree on most of what you are saying, but a guy like Bezos isn't asking to sit down and watch film. Bezos very likely would rarely be present at Cardinals HQ and would let the football people do their thing. The reality is that there are no good billionaires out there (go watch Adam Conover's YouTube video on this take).

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's not good. I hope the Cardinals have taken steps to improving their draft beyond replacing Keim.

Actually, it appears they are basing their future on good drafts.
That's my hope! I'm still just happy to have Keim gone for right now.

We'll see how that goes, haha.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I agree on most of what you are saying, but a guy like Bezos isn't asking to sit down and watch film. Bezos very likely would rarely be present at Cardinals HQ and would let the football people do their thing. The reality is that there are no good billionaires out there (go watch Adam Conover's YouTube video on this take).
I agree on the second point. I don't want to root for a team with an owner that's the complete antithesis of my morals though.

I don't think there's any good billionaires, but some franchises at least have the benefit of ownership groups.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A good GM can do wonders even with a bad owner, but if you have both, then the journey is much easier.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree on the second point. I don't want to root for a team with an owner that's the complete antithesis of my morals though.

I don't think there's any good billionaires, but some franchises at least have the benefit of ownership groups.
The unknown jerk is better than the known jerk.

Michael Bidwill is toxic. We would all be better off without him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember the Cardinals used to be big on these Catholic charities and these schools on the rez. Used to be a game every season where they were there and featured. Now, we get "Raytheon" every year. For some baffling reason the leading military missile maker in the country gets a lot of praise at a game. It's weird. Why? Fans aren't going to buy missiles. I am not anti-military but that is obviously about money and I don't understand Bidwills connection. I don't agree with his political donations either. But, I have never held that against him.

But this crap that has come out? Bitterly disappointing. They get more and more money from the season ticket holder every year, and we are getting less every year. Now, we get an effing app that sucks. And that is it. And he STILL lets the facilities go to pot and nickels and dimes players. Not to mention, high level employees runnning around like a bunch of idiot frat boys and turning a blind eye to it.

I remember the one personal conversation I had with him and I was impressed and 100% convinced he wanted a Lombardi. That was before the new stadium was a thing. Too bad. I think he lost that fire.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm good with the tank (done properly) does that make me koolaid or darkside
Neither. Just makes you ...you. I am all for winning every week, but that's obviously not going to happen. Win what you can and sort things out later. I am not a tanker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave