R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2023)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He's used to coaching in Philly where they have solid hometown support - win or lose.
The Philadelphia Eagles have a 613-630-27 record all-time.

The Cardinals all-time win–loss record (including regular season and playoff games) is 588–802–41

I wonder why one team has more loyal fans...hmmm...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Cardinals all-time win–loss record (including regular season and playoff games) is 588–802–41

Crazy also that they have a fan base after going to four super bowls and actually winning one too! Bizarre the difference in fandoms.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Crazy also that they have a fan base after going to four super bowls and actually winning one too! Bizarre the difference in fandoms.
Cards fans, obviously not loyal enough. Don't want it enough! It's probably our fault that the Cards have been such a national laughing stock.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Was at the game. Very depressing loss. Tired of hearing Cards coach saying it's on him. What ever happened to 2nd half adjustments. Do only our opponents do them?? :bang:
The reality is that the talent on defense isn't very good. Injuries, and not having a leader like Budda on the field was a much bigger factor in my opinion. I'm not sure any adjustments by the DC would have mattered.

The OC though needs to just be aggressive on offense regardless of score. If Dobbs throws a bad pick that costs us, no big deal considering we aren't going to the playoffs this year obviously. Better to lose the game at least being aggressive and not going ultra conservative and quickly punting. Granted, I don't think we will have significant leads like yesterday much anyway.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is that the talent on defense isn't very good. Injuries, and not having a leader like Budda on the field was a much bigger factor in my opinion. I'm not sure any adjustments by the DC would have mattered.

The OC though needs to just be aggressive on offense regardless of score. If Dobbs throws a bad pick that costs us, no big deal considering we aren't going to the playoffs this year obviously. Better to lose the game at least being aggressive and not going ultra conservative and quickly punting. Granted, I don't think we will have significant leads like yesterday much anyway.
Agreed. It bothered me that when we got down to the red zone at the end of the first half they turtled up the play calling and settled for a FG.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

25 more wins. Impressive.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rams SoFi stadium was just taken over by Niners fans. Rams have won a couple of recent Super Bowls and their fan support sucks too.

We could win two SBs in a row and people would still sell their seats. It goes beyond winning.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Please tell me - what HC response (at a post game press conference) are looking for that will solve your concern?
Specificity. Don't say "It's on us." Go with the truth: "We made the mistake of going conservative too early and allowed the opponent back in the game." Coach speak will never sound good. But they have a vested interest in coach speak the same as we have a vested interest in the truth :D

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ignore the fact we have 10 seasons of additional losses, and a Super Bowl win....cool cool.
Rams SoFi stadium was just taken over by Niners fans. Rams have won a couple of recent Super Bowls and their fan support sucks too.
Apples and oranges, obviously. Rams just got to LA.
We could win two SBs in a row and people would still sell their seats. It goes beyond winning.
Wrong. The Cards had a great home crowd when the team moved. One of the loudest and most intimidating stadiums during the Warner/Palmer years.

Unfortunately we've been back to being terrible for basically the last 10 years, and that doesn't tend to build loyalty!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ignore the fact we have 10 seasons of additional losses, and a Super Bowl win....cool cool.

Apples and oranges, obviously. Rams just got to LA.

Wrong. The Cards had a great home crowd when the team moved. One of the loudest and most intimidating stadiums during the Warner/Palmer years.

Unfortunately we've been back to being terrible for basically the last 10 years, and that doesn't tend to build loyalty!
The Palmer years were the years Arians was complaining about. Having to do silent counts at home because home games were like road games.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What good does all of your complaining about it do? It is what it is. You can't change it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Since Lurie bought them, last 30 years:

260-205-4
With four super bowl appearances and a championship
Made playoffs in 17 seasons

Cards (same period):
198-266-2
One Super Bowl lost
Made playoffs in 6 seasons

Samesies?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Lurie bought them, last 30 years:

260-205-4
With four super bowl appearances and a championship
Made playoffs in 17 seasons

Cards (same period):
198-266-2
One Super Bowl lost
Made playoffs in 6 seasons

Samesies?
We're going round and round. It's not about winning. I've already said that. Eagles fans support their team and fill their stands when their team flat out stinks. It's what you do. They're one of several fanbases that do this.

Look at the down seasons. Eagles fans still go to the games and support their team. That is my point. Better fanbase through and through.

Here's a tidbit about their new stadium that opened in 2003 (article from 2016):

Lincoln Financial Field hasn't traditionally been thought of as a tough place for opponents to play. In the 13 seasons since the stadium opened, only six times have the Eagles finished with a winning record at home. Overall, they are just 61-49, including playoffs.

Yet, their fans still showed up. There were no games that seemed like road games.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had one extra ticket to the Cardinals vs Packers playoff game the year following the Super Bowl and could not give it away. Asked several posters on here and some co-workers at my work. Most just said they'd rather watch it on their flat screen at home. Their loss. Tried giving it to a young guy outside the stadium in a Vikings jersey and he demanded that we accept $10 to buy some drinks on him for our kindness. Being a Vikings fan, he was cheering for the Cards that day. Turned out to be the highest scoring playoff game in NFL history and one of our greatest home victories ever. And there were plenty of Packers fans there that day, too. At least they weren't celebrating in our house on that day. :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had one extra ticket to the Cardinals vs Packers playoff game the year following the Super Bowl and could not give it away. Asked several posters on here and some co-workers at my work. Most just said they'd rather watch it on their flat screen at home. Their loss. Tried giving it to a young guy outside the stadium in a Vikings jersey and he demanded that we accept $10 to buy some drinks him for our kindness. Being a Vikings fan, he was cheering for the Cards that day. Turned out to be the highest scoring playoff game in NFL history and one of our greatest home victories ever. And there were plenty of Packers fans there that day, too. At least they weren't celebrating in our house on that day. :)

That was one of the top 5 most epic, fun games ever.

What I bolded is an example of the greed that has increasingly ruined the home game experience along with the mind numbing losses, one after another after another.

"Drinks"... Today instead that much money will get you one water or 1 soda. To make matters worse, our own players STILL have to pony up for their own drinks and food at the practice facility even with those high prices they stick on the fans!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We're going round and round. It's not about winning. I've already said that. Eagles fans support their team and fill their stands when their team flat out stinks. It's what you do. They're one of several fanbases that do this.

Look at the down seasons. Eagles fans still go to the games and support their team. That is my point. Better fanbase through and through.

Here's a tidbit about their new stadium that opened in 2003 (article from 2016):

Lincoln Financial Field hasn't traditionally been thought of as a tough place for opponents to play. In the 13 seasons since the stadium opened, only six times have the Eagles finished with a winning record at home. Overall, they are just 61-49, including playoffs.

Yet, their fans still showed up. There were no games that seemed like road games.
They show up because the eagles have EARNED that level of loyalty by . . . wait for it . . . winning. When your team makes the playoffs in 17 of 29 years it’s easier to endure the down times because you’re confident they’ll turn it around. When your team has made the playoffs 6 of 29 seasons you just haven’t earned the fans trust and dedication.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one of the top 5 most epic, fun games ever.

What I bolded is an example of the greed that has increasingly ruined the home game experience along with the mind numbing losses, one after another after another.

"Drinks"... Today instead that much money will get you one water or 1 soda. To make matters worse, our own players STILL have to pony up for their own drinks and food at the practice facility even with those high prices they stick on the fans!
Yeah, for us drinks means sodas and back then it might have covered two sodas, or most of them. Nice of the guy to at least want to pay something for the game day experience. Today it's ridiculous what they get for a bottle of water let alone the rest of the concessions.

Drinking has been ruining sports for many fans for many years. It is ridiculous to see some of the knockdown brawls at sporting events because fans are all liquored up. What a waste of a person's time, money, and life. SMH.

Also a reason many fans don't go to games with their families. Don't want them being around that element.