R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2022)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even casual fans know that the QB is down wherever he first starts the slide...no excuse.
I wonder if Kyler actually knows this because the slide near the marker seems to happen repeatedly throughout the season.

And before anyone says “oh right, cheese! Kyler doesn’t know the rules of the game!” How many times are we amazed when a player says they had no idea a tie was possible or does something WE know is a penalty and the player doesn’t?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Kyler actually knows this because the slide near the marker seems to happen repeatedly throughout the season.

And before anyone says “oh right, cheese! Kyler doesn’t know the rules of the game!” How many times are we amazed when a player says they had no idea a tie was possible or does something WE know is a penalty and the player doesn’t?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Let's just say preparation hasn't been a hallmark of the KK/Kyler days.

Same lazy, unprepared, half asssed prep every week, and it shows on the field.

Problems that never can be identified or solved, even after 4 years. People are tired of it, and with good reason. This is not a serious group, and they will never put in the necessary work to be great.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's just say preparation hasn't been a hallmark of the KK/Kyler days.

Same lazy, unprepared, half asssed prep every week, and it shows on the field.

Problems that never can be identified or solved, even after 4 years. People are tired of it, and with good reason. This is not a serious group, and they will never put in the necessary work to be great.
I also think that idea that Kyler can see the field in a way no one else can flies right out the window when you have no idea where you need to get for a first down.

That play said everything about Kyler Murray’s career so far… tantalizing but ultimately comes up short (multiple puns intended).

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Can you remember when the NFC as a hole was ever this bad? The whole point of this offseason was to go all in - Qb still on a small deal, rework some contracts, and try to take advantage of a bad conference.

Instead we sit on our hands, and have a half baked team that always looks like it's their first week together. Outside of the absolute die hards, most fans are smart enough to no longer show up at U of P stadium. How could you blame them? Go show up to a sea of the other team's fans, and get "treated" to another half assed effort that ends up with the home team losing?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Can you remember when the NFC as a hole was ever this bad? The whole point of this offseason was to go all in - Qb still on a small deal, rework some contracts, and try to take advantage of a bad conference.

Instead we sit on our hands, and have a half baked team that always looks like it's their first week together. Outside of the absolute die hards, most fans are smart enough to no longer show up at U of P stadium. How could you blame them? Go show up to a sea of the other team's fans, and get "treated" to another half assed effort that ends up with the home team losing?
What gave you this idea? What about the actual actions taken by the Cards (including increasing Kyler's 2022 cap charge) provided the impression that this was an "all-in" season to march through a vulnerable NFC and win the Super Bowl in our own stadium?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What gave you this idea?
Well, the template for "build a great team around a star rookie when he's cheap" was established in our very own division! I certainly wasn't the only one clamoring for this approach - it's easier to build a good team around a 10-15M QB than a 45-50M QB!
What about the actual actions taken by the Cards (including increasing Kyler's 2022 cap charge) provided the impression that this was an "all-in" season to march through a vulnerable NFC and win the Super Bowl in our own stadium?
I'm talking about what should have happened and what didn't - many knew the NFC would be down.

No soothsaying needed to see what was obvious to anyone who pays attention - https://www.compare.bet/en-us/news/...their-best-chance-to-contend-for-a-super-bowl

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Hard to go all-in on a season when your poor drafting has already left you hamstrung since you have next to no young cost controlled talent.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Ya know, all of us in here saw this coming, it wasn't really a mystery that we were headed over a Kliff (pun intended)z we were chastised and called non fans and yet...here we are , not because we wanna be but because reality is what it is, pretending everything will suddenly be OK is for children and Mr Rogers episodes
So get comfy, grab a beverage and get some comfortable sleeping attire because we're here for a long long time lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ya know, all of us in here saw this coming, it wasn't really a mystery that we were headed over a Kliff (pun intended)z we were chastised and called non fans and yet...here we are , not because we wanna be but because reality is what it is, pretending everything will suddenly be OK is for children and Mr Rogers episodes
So get comfy, grab a beverage and get some comfortable sleeping attire because we're here for a long long time lol
The weird part of it is, we all agreed the defense would suck and the offense would have to bail us out, when it's been quite the opposite. That's not to say the defense has been anything better than Jekyll and Hyde, feast or famine, but that's better than what we expected. Our coach and loser QB and loser GM and loser owner have just massively crapped the bed.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The weird part of it is, we all agreed the defense would suck and the offense would have to bail us out, when it's been quite the opposite. That's not to say the defense has been anything better than Jekyll and Hyde, feast or famine, but that's better than what we expected. Our coach and loser QB and loser GM and loser owner have just massively crapped the bed.
For four straight games, the defense has held our opponent to 20 points or less and we have only managed one win during that stretch. Absolutely pathetic.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Teenage/20s me would have had a freak out if I was able to travel back and tell him how apathetic and hopeless he might become about his team in the future.

I'm so worn out at this point that I'm considering just skipping the games on Sundays and catching the highlights so I can take a break from drinking and focus on my health through the fall/winter.

I'm not even having fun watching anymore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose