R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2018)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Reddick was a ?, agreed

but Buccanon was a solid player in the old defense -- plusses and minuses

but where he is today......
Bucannon has never been a read and react LB, that is why he can't start in this scheme. The point is how did Wilks not see this because if you watch film, it pops out.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It all starts with the QB. I have a feeling that Rosen will be announced as our starting QB, tomorrow. If that happens, you'll see a big difference in the team.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It all starts with the QB. I have a feeling that Rosen will be announced as our starting QB, tomorrow. If that happens, you'll see a big difference in the team.
If he didn’t see the field in a 34-0 routing I doubt he will now.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
They promptly hired a HC who believes in a 4/3 and zone, and, an OC who passes horizontally. I think that change is a bigger deal that we realize.

No, everyone knew it would be a big change. That's why it was inexplicable that they rested most of the starters during pre-season - they hardly got any snaps.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
If I ever posted in the dark side during the Arians era I sincerely apologize.

yeah, this is exactly how I feel. I had grown a bit tired of BA by the end, but boy do we miss his offensive acumen to say the least. This is so bad. #bendoVER4oliVER - alright, not quite #Suck4Luck but help me out here.....

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Well I just googled it. It is a relief to know that none of our struggles are related to the HC, OC, or lack of talent on the roster. It's actually a result of some angry folks in a small town calling some warlocks together almost 100 years ago.

Carry on Wilks, it's not your fault! #accountability
Yes, it's called the Pottsville Curse. Google it

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wilks said on the radio today - no Rosen.

Cardinals Steve Wilks has 'total trust in McCoy,' not jumping to switch quarterbacks

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...teve-wilks-total-trust-mike-mccoy/1338058002/

The Cardinals have been outscored 58-6 in their first two games, so coach Steve Wilks has a lot to evaluate. Immediately after Sunday's 34-0 loss to the Rams, he said he'll be looking closely at all personnel.

On Monday, he was firm on his evaluation of one person: offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.

"I have total confidence in Mike (McCoy)," Wilks said. "Total confidence in all the staff and what we're doing. I'm not going to sit here and waiver from what I still consider to be a great coaching staff."

McCoy's offense hasn't looked great, which puts a bigger spotlight on quarterback Sam Bradford. Wilks knows the nine-year vet needs to improve, but he's not pitting everything on Bradford, who was 17-for-27 with 90 yards on Sunday.

"I think Sam is doing well," Wilks said. "Is he inconsistent? Yes. Does he need to be more accurate? Yes. But that's not just Sam. He needs to have a little bit more protection, a little bit more time to go through his progressions. I don't think it's just one particular unit, offense or defense or special teams, or one particular guy."

Bradford will be the subject of a lot of speculation from the public, as first-round draft pick Josh Rosen waits on the bench. Wilks did not name a starter for Sunday, but it seems he'll stick with Bradford, as he believes the problems are more widespread.

"If I thought it was just that one position, I'd be more than willing to say, 'you know what, let's make a change,' " Wilks said. "But it's not just Sam."

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wilks is a clown who becomes more and more of a liar every day he tries to justify his poorly planned venture into the head coaching realm. We are back to being a joke, and it will take years to change.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sums up yesterday perfectly. At State Farm Stadium the Arizona Cardinals gave out thousands of sunshades to fans as they left. The sunshades all said University of Phoenix on them. Guess you can't just ship sunshades with your old stadium name sponsor printed on them to Africa like incorrect championship shirts, eh?

We opened one up and I'm pretty sure they also say "We Do This Together" or some similarly worded slogan from a few years ago.

The more things change with this team...the more they stay the same.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The worst part is, you can’t just hide from this either. So many seasons I wish I could just turn the cardinals off until the offseason. It’s so imbedded into your life if you live in the valley and watch or listen to local programming. Idk how Fitz keeps going, I want to quit as a fan and I put basically no effort into this team

Reactions: TRW

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
This sums up yesterday perfectly. At State Farm Stadium the Arizona Cardinals gave out thousands of sunshades to fans as they left. The sunshades all said University of Phoenix on them. Guess you can't just ship sunshades with your old stadium name sponsor printed on them to Africa like incorrect championship shirts, eh?

We opened one up and I'm pretty sure they also say "We Do This Together" or some similarly worded slogan from a few years ago.

The more things change with this team...the more they stay the same.

This is much more telling as to what is wrong than most know.

The only way you keep going back to the same local grocery store with this level of service and commitment is if it's the ONLY grocery store within a tank of gas range.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fire Wilks. We all know it's happening sooner or later. This is easily the worst hire in Cards history. Look at his three predecessors.

Denny Green: 10 year head coach with the Vikings, one losing record during that time

Ken Whisenhunt: Super Bowl winning OC with the Steelers

Arians: NFL Coach of the Year

Wilks: DC for one year, met Keim on a beach

Of course this is a disaster. Writing was on the wall.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The worst part is, you can’t just hide from this either. So many seasons I wish I could just turn the cardinals off until the offseason. It’s so imbedded into your life if you live in the valley and watch or listen to local programming. Idk how Fitz keeps going, I want to quit as a fan and I put basically no effort into this team
I haven't watched a game completely live since week 1. Prioritize accordingly. I now watch the end of the early games, DVR the Cardinals, and then skip the commercials and half time to get caught up.

Afternoon games make it easier. But this week I watched the Saints v Falcons go to overtime, and then flipped over to the Chargers vs Rams game. I went back and forth between that and the Cardinals recording. If I want to play with my kids, I go do that instead. The awful brand of football that the Cardinals are playing will always be there for me to go back to.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
The Cardinals can't justifiably stick by their receiving core at the moment. Everybody that's not named Larry Fitzgerald or Christian Kirk does not belong on a football team, especially not when Dez Bryant and Jeremy Maclin are both on the market.
>inb4 "they suck too!"
They suck a hell of a lot less than a guy who runs routes that make high schoolers seem competent and a guy who has all the speed in the world but no hands.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose