Probably unpopular here regarding this regime…

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What are the chances at the end of the year, the Cards are sitting outside the top 3 in the draft and we're all here saying "Tanks for nothing."?
The idiocy is advocating signing ho hum players that would push this scenario to more of a likelihood.

Clear the damn cap and start over.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The idiocy is advocating signing ho hum players that would push this scenario to more of a likelihood.

Clear the damn cap and start over.
I hear you...I'm just inclined to believe that Gannon, if given the opportunity, would pull a Lovie Smith...and coach to win every game even at the detriment of the team's draft position.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I hear you...I'm just inclined to believe that Gannon, if given the opportunity, would pull a Lovie Smith...and coach to win every game even at the detriment of the team's draft position.
It's not the end of the world if the Cardinals don't get the #1 pick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I got roasted for mentioning Pioli had anything to do with the Patriots success....lol Where were you when I needed you? haha

Not a Belichick hater but that first dynasty was filled with Parcell’s guys. The second half was mostly Brady not only on the field but taking pay cuts every year to keep important pieces around. Bringing Matt Patricia back as an offensive coach is probably the straw that broke the camel’s back when it comes to Kraft.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind bailing on Ertz, Conner, Gardeck, Prater, and trading Baker to free up 30 mil if it means keeping two under 26 players who are also top 10 on my roster. Even if we end up trading Kyler.
Bailing on those 5 to free up 30M, and then spending 20M on one DL, doesn't seem like a net positive for the roster.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ertz: $7 million saved
Conner: 8.5 million
Gardeck: 2.8 million
Prater: 3.5 million
Baker? A couple hundred thousand.

Still not $30 million. I guess kind of close. More like $20 million though. And if the Cardinals do trade Murray, they will have to cut all of these guys and then some just so sign anyone. His dead cap is $3.9 million and his cap number is $4.3 million.
Ertz. 7.5
Conner 5.49
Gardeck 2.8
Prater 3.5
Baker 14.6

=33.89 per overthecap

Come on. You should know I don't just throw around numbers.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bailing on those 5 to free up 30M, and then spending 20M on one DL, doesn't seem like a net positive for the roster.
It's only 15.25 avg over 3 years. It is 19 mil in 2024.

In terms of those 5 players...they don't matter. Prater should never have been re-signed. Ertz and Conner could have been cut candidates this year. Budda wants to go to a franchise that is trying to win. Gardeck is meh. I would rather have 1 decent DL under 27.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's only 15.25 avg over 3 years. It is 19 mil in 2024.
If there was an actual player discussed and I missed it, I apologize. I thought we were talking generalities here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Interesting.
Look at them LOL.

OTC says Murray would only carry a $29 million dead cap next year which is wildly different from Spotrac which says $80 million. I believe Spotrac, their number is way closer to what I've heard elsewhere.
You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
OTC says Murray would only carry a $29 million dead cap next year which is wildly different from Spotrac which says $80 million. I believe Spotrac, their number is way closer to what I've

I think they are the same. Traded in 2023:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Same thing for 2024

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Because it is an important position, we are building mostly through the draft which is cheap, and it is only a three year deal. Fits most of what I am looking for to help fill in the gaps as I draft and develop the roster overall.
Good point

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Based on the numbers above - if you are going to trade Kyler, it makes more sense in 2023.

You get the cap rollover ($20m from 2023?) to go along with the big cap hit in 2024.
You draft HIGH picks in 2024 (~6 players in the top 70-80 players plus whatever you get for Kyler).
You also start over (5 years) on a rookie QB contract - just have to make the right choice.
2025 - you have a completely different roster, one year of experience for rookies, and you can add free agents that make a real impact.

If you take that hit in 2025 - you lose a year in rebuild.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Ertz or Conner are on the team in 2024. That view isn't even about gutting the team, I think they'd be gone no matter who was running the show. Their salaries are likely to be far higher than their projected production.

I also think Hollywood Brown is our player most likely to be traded during this season. I don't think they will have any appetite for giving him a 20+ million dollar contract. Trading for him was a Keim mistake, extending him would double down on the folly.

His departure probably won't sit well with Murray, but I doubt it will make any difference in the 'vision' for the rebuild.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tank or not, you can bet Gannon and the 53 guys on this roster are going to bust their collective ass to win each and every game.
Now, the mind is willing and the body might not be able to but that’s another story.
I really hope we somehow win this opening game just to see the narrative on this site. Will it be joy? Will it be disdain because we are “ ruining our draft position”.
What the hell. I say we win 18-17…that seems to be a popular score this year.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tank or not, you can bet Gannon and the 53 guys on this roster is going to bust their collective ass to win each and every game.
Now, the mind is willing and the body might not be able to but that’s another story.
I really hope we somehow win this opening game just to see the narrative on this site. Will it be joy? Will it be disdain because we are “ ruining our draft position”.
I’d be happier with 17-18. This season means nothing other than player development and on the job training for a lot of coaches in new positions. Our future is more important. If we somehow get out to a legit great start I’ll change my thinking. But it can’t be flukey for me to do so.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Tank or not, you can bet Gannon and the 53 guys on this roster is going to bust their collective ass to win each and every game.
I agree. I don't believe the coaches or the players are going to try to lose. Tanking is done at the front office level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard