Preseason week 2 kc football team vs Cardinals pregame thread. Aug 16 - Aug 20 2021

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'd like to see Wilson square off against Tyreek.

It will add a dose of realism to the Wilson hype train and frankly he's the only CB we have with any kind of speed.
Still got Hardman to deal with as well. It's going be interesting for sure.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
With KC playing starters for almost a half, it'll be a good measuring stick to see how our young LBs and secondary are coming along

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it's worth I think we get soundly beat tonight. Which is fine, it's pre season.

Simply because I don't think Kliff plays our first team for the whole half the way KC apparently will. I think guys like Alford, Budda, Murphy, and most the D line starters might get a quarter, maybe a quarter and a bit. Same for the starting offense.

I do think Collins and Simmons will play the whole half, maybe more. They are low injury risk and Vance wants to get them gelling for the season, and trying to read KC is a good learning curve for both. I'd give Butler the whole half as he hasn't played much and needs to get up to speed. Maybe guys like Rondale and Conner will get more play. But otherwise I don't expect much starter action.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The practices reps where he face defenders who will not hit him
I meant preseason games reps, get the real game rhythm before the regular season starts

I agree with this point. This is not college football where big schools often face a patsy for the opener.

Murray needs to get some repetitions to get the feel of a real game. I'm not saying overdo it though.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't play murray at all u know what he brings why risk injury than excuse if blown out

Hope doesn't back fire playing kyler tonight our season depends on him.... ptetty much

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For what it's worth I think we get soundly beat tonight. Which is fine, it's pre season.

Simply because I don't think Kliff plays our first team for the whole half the way KC apparently will. I think guys like Alford, Budda, Murphy, and most the D line starters might get a quarter, maybe a quarter and a bit. Same for the starting offense.

I do think Collins and Simmons will play the whole half, maybe more. They are low injury risk and Vance wants to get them gelling for the season, and trying to read KC is a good learning curve for both. I'd give Butler the whole half as he hasn't played much and needs to get up to speed. Maybe guys like Rondale and Conner will get more play. But otherwise I don't expect much starter action.
I agree. Kliff doesn't seem to like to risk players in preseason at all.

There really isn't a reason to; not much to be gained and a lot more to be lost.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder what new tirade, Bickley is going be on today about K2. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. Just come straight out and say you don't like the guy & want him gone.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we play with the same DL as last week, KC will put up 21-24 points in the 1st half. The Cardinals will have 1 long drive & then settle for a FG.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we play with the same DL as last week, KC will put up 21-24 points in the 1st half. The Cardinals will have 1 long drive & then settle for a FG.
I would expect you'll see a lot of those same guys....guys that two weeks from now won't even be on a practice squad.

How much does it matter? I think it doesn't matter at all.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get this.

I want the starters to get some time.

Reid is the better coach - if he thinks it's a good idea, so do I.
It’s obvious it’s pretty pointless for vets. Nobody is gonna remember what we did in preseason right when week 1 takes off whether we win or lose.

Think for yourself, not because of what Andy Reid thinks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson