Prepare for Drew Petzing departure

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Imagine being the GM recommending the architect of the NFL’s 25th-ranked offense to your owner.

And during the interview he’s 5’5”.
Yeah. I can understand the narrative that he has done well in tough conditions, but I just don't see how he is one of the best candidates on the market right now.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do expect there to be a bunch of HC openings this offseason. Definitely more than we saw this past offseason which only had 5.

I think the big names will be the ones who used Arizona like a practice round last year. Brian Flores, Dan Quinn and Lou Anarumo. These guys will be in high demand and will get interviews wherever they want. Others older coaches with experience like Todd Monkin or Jim Harbaugh will get interviews as well among the other usual suspects.

However I do think a bunch of the younger more inexperienced coordinators may get some interviews as well. It wouldn't shock me if Petzing got one or two interviews. Especially if the offense has success with Kyler under center over the next couple of weeks. I don't think he will go anywhere soon. However it wouldn't shock me if he gets some serious interviews 2-3 years down the road.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope our coordinators and head coach can stick together and create a winning culture here for a few years before losing coordinators to other teams as head coaches or even positional coaches for coordinator jobs, etc. Always sucks when you're doing really well but then start losing pieces of the puzzle.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I do expect there to be a bunch of HC openings this offseason. Definitely more than we saw this past offseason which only had 5.

I think the big names will be the ones who used Arizona like a practice round last year. Brian Flores, Dan Quinn and Lou Anarumo. These guys will be in high demand and will get interviews wherever they want. Others older coaches with experience like Todd Monkin or Jim Harbaugh will get interviews as well among the other usual suspects.

However I do think a bunch of the younger more inexperienced coordinators may get some interviews as well. It wouldn't shock me if Petzing got one or two interviews. Especially if the offense has success with Kyler under center over the next couple of weeks. I don't think he will go anywhere soon. However it wouldn't shock me if he gets some serious interviews 2-3 years down the road.
Don't forget about Josh McDaniels. I am sure he could get an interview wherever he wants :)