Prediction Time: Cardinals vs. 49ers

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what to expect from the Cardinals or 49ers this first game.

All I know is that we will learn a lot from it.

I'm going with the 49ers:

49ers 27

Cardinals 23

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I expect a lot of offense in this one.

SF: 34
AZ: 31

Leinart over 300 yards passing, Edge over 100 yards rushing, but we can't stop the Niners offense at all.

So do I and every time that happens the game turns into a defensive battle so I'll say 16-13. Since i won't be able to stay awake long enough to see the end of the game I don't know who wins.

efferman

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards - 30

Niners - 21

Edge goes over 100 yards and the Cards ice it with a loooooong drive in the 4th quarter...

I can dream, can't I?

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
we have no faith in our "D"... I tend to agree but even drinking the kool aid has us averaging the 9ers at 30 points or more...

If we get this one it will be a close on in my opinion, as most of you seem to agree. I'll go

Cards 30 (three Touches and matching FG's)
49ers 27 (three Touches and a pair of FG's)

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Niners by seven to 10 points. This is not an anti-curse.

They are just more settled than we are right now, having spent several years in the same system while steadily improving their talent base.

By mid-season, we could very well be as good a team as they are now.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember Boldin's first game against Detroit 4 years ago? Remember how his talents were hidden during the pre-season, and the only people who were not surprised were the people on this board? Remember how many games we would have won over the past 3 years, if we had had only a coaching staff that knew how to use the talent they had? Remember when I used to not ask so many questions?

Cards - 38

Niners - 24

Heck, I'm off to Green Valley Ranch to bet the "over" right now.

JTS

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Cardinals win.

42-38

Oh yeah. An official NFC West track meet.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27-20 San Fran. But we make it look closer than it was late.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but:

Cards: 31
49ers:34 OT

Vernon Davis and Frank Gore expose the middle of our defense, wasting a near perfect outing by the Leinart and the O...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Niners by seven to 10 points. This is not an anti-curse.

They are just more settled than we are right now, having spent several years in the same system while steadily improving their talent base.

By mid-season, we could very well be as good a team as they are now.

The one issue they have is they lost Norv turner who had a very clear impact on Alex Smith. If he's struggling without Norv around to hold his hand it could hurt them but he had a pretty good preseason.

Gore didn't play at all in the preseason he's in shape but one wonders if weeks of not playing will make a guy who already fumbled too much coming off a broken hand a bit fumble prone?

Tough call our OL looked better than expected in preseason and SF doesn't have a great pass rush but I'm still concerned our whole system is new.

I think we'll win but I think it will be close.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow alot of niner picks. What exactly makes the niners a better team than us? Alex Smith...please! We win this game handily as our offense is better and I don't think we have seen what our D can even do yet. I am just betting they will do plenty to confuse A. Smith, expect a few TO's and a big Cards WIN!!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow alot of niner picks. What exactly makes the niners a better team than us? Alex Smith...please! We win this game handily as our offense is better and I don't think we have seen what our D can even do yet. I am just betting they will do plenty to confuse A. Smith, expect a few TO's and a big Cards WIN!!!!

Alex Smith is better than many of you give him credit for. They upgraded their team in many areas. They are at home and on the national stage. We dont seem to play to well on the road over the years. Call me crazy.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

For me and I'm sure alot of others, it is not really about how good SF is but more of how terrible the Cards have been on the road over the past 5-7 years. This will be an emotional game and I could see it snowballing right out of hand but, I think the Cards may have a mental advantage over the 49ers at this point.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

They have several things in their favor.

Playing at home on Monday night.

Tribute to Bill Walsh going on that night will have the fans in a Frenzy.

As Skkorp mentioned they have more stability playing for Nolan the past two years.

They added several big name FA at positions of need that on paper look good.

Obviously the 49ers haven't proven anything yet but the Cardinals just have way too many question marks for me to pick them to win on the road. Especially when the Cards have historically sucked on the road the last 10 years.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Alex Smith is better than many of you give him credit for. They upgraded their team in many areas. They are at home and on the national stage. We dont seem to play to well on the road over the years. Call me crazy.

The Cards didn't do to well on the national stage at home last year. And they couldn't win the Tillman tribute game either. :bang:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Niners seemed to struggle offensively in the pre-season. Getting Gore back will help for sure. I hope Clancy can take advantage of their young offensive line, while hoping they don't destroy our O-line.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Cards - 30

Niners - 21

Edge goes over 100 yards and the Cards ice it with a loooooong drive in the 4th quarter...

I can dream, can't I?

Uh, that's EXACTLY what happened the last time we played the 9ers.

How soon people forget.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard