Practice Squad adds Green and Togafau

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
YAHHHOOOOO!

I really like Marshay Green and how he plays. Putting Pago on the P.S. makes me feel a little better about the ILB position.

Interesting that Tonga was eligible for the PS. Seems like he's been on and off the Cards roster for years.

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Interesting that Tonga was eligible for the PS. Seems like he's been on and off the Cards roster for years.

If Wiki is correct, then it appears this is his last year of eligibility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_team

Each NFL team may keep up to eight members on its "practice squad" in addition to the 53-member main roster. They consist mostly of rookies who were cut in training camps and borderline NFL-caliber players. Both rookies and young veterans are eligible for the practice squad. However, a player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons, or if he has accrued a year of NFL experience (six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list.) If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad.[1]
http://www.nfl.com/players/pagotogafau/careerstats?id=TAG045826
Code:
Year  	Team  	G  	Comb  	Total  	Ast  	Sck  	SFTY  	PDef  	Int  	TDs  	Yds  	Avg  	Lng
2009 	Arizona Cardinals 	2 	6 	6 	0 	0.0 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0.0 	--
2008 	Arizona Cardinals 	6 	12 	8 	4 	0.0 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0.0 	--
2007 	Philadelphia Eagles 	7 	6 	6 	0 	0.0 	-- 	0 	-- 	-- 	-- 	0.0 	--

It appears he has never played in more than 7 games in a season and thus would be eligible under the bold exception above.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I used to feel bad for guys being relegated to the PS until I found out they make 88k for being on it. Now I think it's not so bad of a gig.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to feel bad for guys being relegated to the PS until I found out they make 88k for being on it. Now I think it's not so bad of a gig.

Yea thats pretty good for only 6 months of work.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
Let's hope the signing of Marshay Green to the practice squad is not the most exciting thing that happens to us this year.
:pullhair:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd love to know Pago's back-story. (How many times have we signed and cut and signed and cut him)?

In fact, I'd love to know how the Cardinal FO deals with the guys on the PS and lower end of their roster totem poll, how they work the FA and waiver wires, what their priorities are and some of the tactics they use for sneaking guys thru the waiver process, keeping fringe players happy etc.

It nice we were able to keep Marshay - you can never have too many corners; and - as we continue the transition from off-coverage to press and other forms of man-coverage, we're gonna want to have a deep group of fast guys who can cover, tackle and are aggressive to the ball. Both starters (DRC and Toler) fit this profile and do Jefferson and Marshay.

There are also a couple of parallel (though overlapping tracks): We have a few short, speedy guys (like Adams and Marshay) who can hit and cover quick route running receivers out of the slot. In McBride, MacDonald and Adams, we also have experience to counterbalance youthful athleticism.

This is a far cry from a few years ago when we had trouble scrounging up more than one capable corner.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn