Post 49ers Overreaction Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, investing meaningful money in an older RB with tread worn tires would be quite the move at this point, especially for a team that has needs at nearly every position.
Yeah… I don’t get doubling down on the old power running back plan. Especially because Henry is probably going to want a salary at least commensurate with Conner’s.

Considering massive holes all over the rest of the team, Conner, Mercado and young back with speed would be a pretty solid RBs room.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defense was unbelievably bad. Get Kyler another weapon. Next year they better score a lot of points because they need seven new starters on D
This…except we need TWO real wr’s because Brown is not one of them. Wilson cannot be counted on as a #2 because of his history with injuries.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not to mention the pro bowl corner who made a great play on the ball and since McBride seemed to be the only useful weapon he guess right and jumped the route. Yes the pass was a hair late but still just a great play by the D imo…
If Kyler plays it correctly it's a nice completion. Yes, a good play by the D but one the D should not have been allowed to make. The WR ran a good route, too.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kyler plays it correctly it's a nice completion. Yes, a good play by the D but one the D should not have been allowed to make. The WR ran a good route, too.
Yep as I said a hair late on 4th down trying to make something happen, happens to every QB. Again how did Dak, Hurts, Stafford, and other fair against this D? I was actually more impressed we didn’t have a bunch of stupid ass false start and other dumb penalties yesterday. Did have the one bad delay but still an improvement by the whole offense to cut down all the dumb mistakes. Kyler like any QB is gonna look for and throw it to guys who are making plays unfortunately we have no WRs doing so! You think he gonna trust stone hands Moore? Just a pathetic group of small WRs this team has to get bigger and better at WR can’t have a small QB and tiny receivers get him some big targets to throw to! How different would K1 look in SF offense… my bet would look like a top 5 qb…

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep as I said a hair late on 4th down trying to make something happen, happens to every QB. Again how did Dak, Hurts, Stafford, and other fair against this D? I was actually more impressed we didn’t have a bunch of stupid ass false start and other dumb penalties yesterday. Did have the one bad delay but still an improvement by the whole offense to cut down all the dumb mistakes. Kyler like any QB is gonna look for and throw it to guys who are making plays unfortunately we have no WRs doing so! You think he gonna trust stone hands Moore? Just a pathetic group of small WRs this team has to get bigger and better at WR can’t have a small QB and tiny receivers get him some big targets to throw to! How different would K1 look in SF offense… my bet would look like a top 5 qb…
Fairly speaking, I wouldn't want either of Dak, Hurts, Stafford to be my QBOF If I was the GM.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fairly speaking, I wouldn't want either of Dak, Hurts, Stafford to be my QBOF If I was the GM.
Jalen Hurts is a notch above the others and I think most GM's would be happy with him as their QB.

Dak and Stafford are basically average, and realistically you have to settle for that, because to get a top QB you pretty much have to draft them in the top 10 and get lucky, and you don't get a top 10 pick typically if you already have an average QB nor can you even really justify the high pick on a QB in that situation.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Another difference we saw - was Kyler locking onto his receivers and the 49ers defense locking onto Kyler's eyes - while at the same time Purdy wasn't looking at Samuels or McCaffrey until they were beyond open - it could be why some of Kyler's throws were so off - it's like his brain saw defenders collapsing on the routes but he was already well into the throwing motion

Stout

Reaction score
Maybe if Kyler’s first two options where open this play never happens
le sigh Some people will absolve Kyler of anything. If Kyler is playing like a competent QB, this play never happens. End of. This is what happens when you hesitate, stutter in the pocket, are slow at making reads, cannot throw with rhythm, etc.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
le sigh Some people will absolve Kyler of anything. If Kyler is playing like a competent QB, this play never happens. End of. This is what happens when you hesitate, stutter in the pocket, are slow at making reads, cannot throw with rhythm, etc.
i think it's #1 pick Homer Syndrome. People become convinced that because the team took someone as a #1 pick, they're relatively infallible. Saw that on the Suns forum a lot too as a lot of the same people who make every excuse in the book for Kyler used to make every excuse in the book for Ayton. It was only after it was GLARING OBVIOUS and the team had to get rid of Ayton did those same people FINALLY change their tune, after calling out other's fandoms, bashing anyone who dared criticized Ayton as a hater... basically all the stuff you see play out here with Kyler.

Stout

Reaction score
i think it's #1 pick Homer Syndrome. People become convinced that because the team took someone as a #1 pick, they're relatively infallible. Saw that on the Suns forum a lot too as a lot of the same people who make every excuse in the book for Kyler used to make every excuse in the book for Ayton. It was only after it was GLARING OBVIOUS and the team had to get rid of Ayton did those same people FINALLY change their tune, after calling out other's fandoms, bashing anyone who dared criticized Ayton as a hater... basically all the stuff you see play out here with Kyler.
This, and some folks are Kyler fans, not Cards fans. Not pointing fingers and "calling out fandom," but rather recognizing what said fandom is.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The same Derrick Henry that just had probably his worst game as Titan and talking like his career basically over in press conference?
Yes. Kyler isn't maximizing any WRs. Better to ensure we can run the ball with Conner and another back like Henry

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Like $10 million, yeah. But like $3 million? I think that's what Chopper is thinking here.
Yes. And I am very hesitant spending 15+ on a WR that Kyler can't get on the same page with...again. Kyler has had chemistry with exactly 1 WR in his entire Arizona career. Why will it be different now?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen