POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MISC Payton comments about Kyler

- Why the heck would you need a clause for him study?
- He'd have to be firm with a guy like that or move him.
- He also said he believes he needs more easy plays. Such as improving the run game so they can set up easier play action plays.

I dont think he loves Kyler. He probably intrigues him. However, guys like Herbert are just better/safer choices.

And I wouldnt doubt he believes Bryce Young fits his "Brees mold" more than Kyler. Not saying he'd be right or good. Just that Bryce actually has pocket presence/slides to find throwing lanes.

As great as Payton was for Brees. It was Brees who was dedicated to improving his footwork in the pocket and finding throwing lanes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Straight up trade of Kliff for Josh McDaniels. Each gets to take as much of their staff with them as they like.

Who says no?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
NO.

First because he would not come here anyway.

second, because he has never done anything without a Hall of Fame quarterback,.....and we do not have one of those.

oh...and Bounty Gate

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Absolutely don’t want anyone associated with that scandal. For a guy that’s all about players and their safety would think you would too. But hey whatever.
I'm ready to rally around Kliff - because the likes of Payton put a bounty on Kliff as he entered the nfl. Now Kliffs air red offense will work if he balances the attack up against nfl teams, it has to be more balanced then college - talent differential is very negligible in the mfl. Cannot outperform nfl defenses consistently with continuity one dimensional, either way. Proven fact.

No edge no super bowl, no beanie no 09 playoffs, no CJ no ba playoffs, maybe with DJ - no connor no playoffs last year - cover me in mud, feathers , fudge! Don't change this !

A new run game staff with balks and a voice is needed - more then head coach, GM or QB

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eddie DeBartolo went from being the worst owner in the NFL to the best, overnight. How? By realizing he had no idea wtf he was doing, by hiring the right guy at the right time (Bill Walsh), and giving him the keys and getting out of his way and relegating himself to just signing checks. Perhaps MB will realize he needs to do the same thing - but in order for it to work, he's gotta find that "right guy", and there ain't many of them who come along. Payton could be that guy. Do it. Or at least try.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only way I see Sean Payton saying yes is 10 million/year, full control with Keim fired, he is either the GM himself or he hires his own. Plus Sean let's Bidwill know that if Kyler can't learn his system then we need another QB? If Bidwill is ok with all of that & agrees to just sign checks & nothing more, then maybe lol? All that ain't happening first of all, Sean is too smart to work for an organization that will tarnish his coaching record. I don't care what people think about Sean Payton, he wins & that's what we all want at the end of the day. I didn't like bounty gate either but that type of play is over with because of the new rules.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Six of his front seven is better than all but one of our front seven. He’d be leaving filet mignon for chopped meat. It would take 2 years for Ryan’s to turn this defense around.
Longer than that with Keim as the GM, hell, he probably wouldn't make it as our coach with Keim building this team.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The only way I see Sean Payton saying yes is 10 million/year, full control with Keim fired, he is either the GM himself or he hires his own. Plus Sean let's Bidwill know that if Kyler can't learn his system then we need another QB? If Bidwill is ok with all of that & agrees to just sign checks & nothing more, then maybe lol? All that ain't happening first of all, Sean is too smart to work for an organization that will tarnish his coaching record. I don't care what people think about Sean Payton, he wins & that's what we all want at the end of the day. I didn't like bounty gate either but that type of play is over with because of the new rules.
in truth coaching the cards could solidify his legacy... the aints were terrible for decades before he and Brees showed up.

but...there were rules in place when bounty gate happened...and they didnt stop it

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
in truth coaching the cards could solidify his legacy... the aints were terrible for decades before he and Brees showed up.

but...there were rules in place when bounty gate happened...and they didnt stop it
No way those types of hits would be allowed now, especially with the QB & that's the position his DC targeted against us. Sure players could still get bonuses under the table but even hitting players that aren't QB's are now watched closely. His legacy is already solidified, he won a SB & got close to getting back many other times. He's not gonna work under Steve Keim, I can assure you of that. Bidwill would have to just sign checks & let him do everything else, just don't see Bidwill firing his buddy.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
it comes down to this really...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Maybe Buddha has become my favorite Cardinal. Any guy who can F bomb out and then straight faced drop into the lords prayer, is my kinda hero. Plus, he had accountability, and holds people accountable. Tats the kind of leadership this team needs.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Buddy Ryan was known for bounties
There were/are plenty of coaches who use bounties...it's been in the game forever. Payton and Williams were just used as "Enough Is Enough" scapegoats by the NFL, because the story blew up and the visual evidence was blatantly obvious.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
NO.

First because he would not come here anyway.

second, because he has never done anything without a Hall of Fame quarterback,.....and we do not have one of those.

oh...and Bounty Gate
I forgot Brees was a HOF QB before coming to the Saints...hahahaha He was decent with the Chargers, but don't forget, he was also injured when he signed with the Saints. Payton took a huge gamble with Brees and their partnership paid off huge., but Brees was nowhere near HOF before pairing with Payton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose