Poll: How many wins needed next season...

What are the minimum number of wins needed next year for this to prove out?

• 4+ wins

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • 6+ wins

Votes: 59 55.1%
  • 8+ wins

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • 10+ wins

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How many wins will it take next season to redeem Keim and Bidwill for the decisions that put the team in chaos for over a year and prove the KK/KM decisions wise?

Don't vote on what on what you expect the win total could be, just the minimum wins it will take to regain or reinforce your confidence in the front office.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
How many wins will it take next season to redeem Keim and Bidwill for the decisions that put the team in chaos for over a year and prove the KK/KM decisions wise?

Don't vote on what on what you expect the win total could be, just the minimum wins it will take to regain or reinforce your confidence in the front office.
Bidwill isn't redeemable...Bidwill is, though.

8 wins +/- 1 is a successful season, IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If it proves out that we need to draft a whole new OL next year like we did WRs this year, then we may only win 3-5 games tops. That wouldnt bother or surprise me. It takes at least 2-3 years for players to mesh in a new system, much less the number of new players at key positions. Plug and Play doesnt mean plug and win instantly.

We need to give this new thing 3 years before we judge it fully. Lets not be disillusioned if we only win 1-3 games next year. Put our sights on the year or two after next years draft. That is win our new coach will have replaced those who dont fit in here.

No matter how many we win, it will be fun, exciting, and a learning experience all for players and fans.

By the way, for betting fans, wait till the 2021 season before betting on a super bowl championship. The odds early spring/predraft that year I expect should be 20-1 or so. If we come near winning half our games this year, I might make a long shot bet at 50 or more to 1 next spring. A better bet next year though would be to make the playoffs at maybe around 10-1 if you could get that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our defense went from stout to super soft without a huge difference in personnel. Our offense was much better even with Stanton running it.

I'm convinced had BA still been coaching last year we would have won 6 games or more. A good chunk of the downfall had to do with the staff we had.

If BA could have done 6 wins (in my eye) then I think this year we have to do 6 just for me to not start questions all of this might be another epic fail. If they do 8 wins that will go a long way to convince me we are on the right track towards greatness and if we do 10+ (playoffs or in the hunt) then the FO has redeemed itself, at least until the next cluster F.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said this before. If the offense shows improvement but we still lose games then there's hope. Think of Plummer's rookie year. Cards were in a lot of games, many of the 12 losses were by a TD or less. Some were last second losses. But the team showed promise. The next year we made the playoffs. That's what I want to see. This season is a Mulligan for Murray so we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm not sure on the number. It's hard to not improve on last year's mess. The scary thing is, what if they only win 1-2 games this year and Murray/KK show to be completely overmatched?

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
I just want to us to be competitive period. Last season was rough and difficult to stomach so I just want to enjoy watching Cardinals football again. If I had to put a number on it, I would expect at least 6 wins and anything more than that would be awesome considering it will be the first year of a new system being put in place.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I said this before. If the offense shows improvement but we still lose games then there's hope. Think of Plummer's rookie year. Cards were in a lot of games, many of the 12 losses were by a TD or less. Some were last second losses. But the team showed promise. The next year we made the playoffs. That's what I want to see. This season is a Mulligan for Murray so we'll see how it goes.

No mulligan.He got it.He is going to have to own it.There have been upgrades on the OLine,Dline,CB,TE ,WR.He has better support than the QBs had last season so originally I said anything less than 10 wins is failure will modify to say 8 wins is the absolute bottom.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
7 if no major injury bugs hit. Although if most games are competitive and we aren’t getting blown out, I’d be happy with that too because I want to see the potential of this system in flashes at least.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
to redeem Keim??

10 wins no less.

Vance Joseph alone should account for six wins just by bringing our defense back....like some noted they fell off last year due to scheme change and piss poor coaching...we have those guys back but also added some good talent into the mix...so I fully expect a top ten defense...perhaps even top five.

18 olinemen on the roster means legit competition for the jobs...that should account for at least one or two wins.

this year we should have Larry +3 on the WR group whereas last year it was Larry +1. Having guys that actually catch the ball and force the defense to account for all of them should account for two more wins.

the magic midget, if he is what everyone says,...should elevate the team and account for another win or two all by himself. No rookie year mulligans...apparently the redbirds dont give those out and this kid has more talent to work with than any rookie QB we have had in a decade or more.

thats 11-12 wins...allow a loss or two due to piss poor luck...and we get 10 wins

Baker Mayfield would have had 10 wins and the playoffs had he played all season I think...or very close to it...we dont need to expect anything less from our guy.

anything less and there is no redemption for steve keim

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No mulligan.He got it.He is going to have to own it.There have been upgrades on the OLine,Dline,CB,TE ,WR.He has better support than the QBs had last season so originally I said anything less than 10 wins is failure will modify to say 8 wins is the absolute bottom.
If you expect a rookie to come in and turn a 3-13 team into a playoff team then you're in for one hell of a disappointment. And you expect far too much.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If you expect a rookie to come in and turn a 3-13 team into a playoff team then you're in for one hell of a disappointment. And you expect far too much.

I expect a hell of a lot after drafting a "transcendent game changing " QB plus the improvements that have been made at various positions.Like I said.Murray got it so now he has to own it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our defense went from stout to super soft without a huge difference in personnel. Our offense was much better even with Stanton running it.

I'm convinced had BA still been coaching last year we would have won 6 games or more. A good chunk of the downfall had to do with the staff we had.

If BA could have done 6 wins (in my eye) then I think this year we have to do 6 just for me to not start questions all of this might be another epic fail. If they do 8 wins that will go a long way to convince me we are on the right track towards greatness and if we do 10+ (playoffs or in the hunt) then the FO has redeemed itself, at least until the next cluster F.
I don’t get discounting Philon, Hicks, Suggs, Alford and Byron Murphy. We Likely have four new starters on d and a new nickel back. That’s some pretty big change.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Here’s the rub in what BW is doing - he’s fixing his own game. He has no faith in anything the cardinals did this offseason. So saying 10 wins, or even 8 now, is rather disingenuous considering he doesn’t believe that possible. So he’s setting a bar at a mark that virtually ensures failure so he can later crow “I told you so!” I think it’s kinda weak sauce.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I expect a hell of a lot after drafting a "transcendent game changing " QB plus the improvements that have been made at various positions.Like I said.Murray got it so now he has to own it.
Again, totally disingenuous. What would your expectation have been with Rosen and Bosa? You know, the guys you believed in. But you’re going to set a higher mark for those you don’t? Cmon.

The funny thing is if the cards are competitive, the offense is exciting, and they win 6-7 games everyone on this board is going to grow real tired of your bashing.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

ROOKIE QBS taking teams to playoffs

2016 Dak Prescott Dallas went to playoffs with 11-5 record year before 4-12
2012 Russell Wilson Seattle 11-5 year before 7-9
2012 Robert Griffin III Redskins 10-6 year before 5-11
2012 Andrew Luck Colts 11-5 year before 2-14
2011 Andy Dalton Bengals 9-7 year before 4-12
2008 Matt Ryan Atlanta 11-5 year before 4-12
2008 Joey Flacco Ravens 11-5 Year beforev 5-11

So why is that expecting too much.Murray is supposed to be so good let him own it.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Some of you are so silly. We have new coaches and system that both O & D will have to learn and grow together with. Don't expect much this 1st year and you won't be so disappointed. Staying positive will be s lot more fun and healthy.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
6 or 7 would indicate progress. New coach, new offense, new quarterback and a very tough division. Six wins is a realistic objective this season. Playoffs should be the goal next season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson