Polarized Thinking Has Taken Over this Board and I'm Sick of It

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not going to hold any grudges, but I take exception to out and out violation of forum rules and decorum, followed up by about 5 unwanted PMs from a poster and also a moderator reopening a CLOSED thread just to call me out.

Frankly, I'm about done posting here after this experience. We all have our opinions and think other opinions stink. Not a damn person on here is right all of the time. I know I'm wrong often, because we dont have access to all of the information so we are all often stuck with opinions that are flawed from the start.

But I take extraordinary exception to being called out publicly in a situation where everyone's emotions are running high.

Hang in there Krang. These are volatile times in Cardinal land. This team will drive even the sanest of people insane. I occasionally take a sabbatical to remember what’s important in life. I have an extremely handicapped 21 year old son. I would accept 1000 years of losing Cardinal seasons just to see him have 1 “normal” day in this world.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly PA, the whiners and complainers do have some valid points about K1 and K2's performance through the first three games. It's nothing that we didn't expect however.

My point this morning is that you and I (and a few others) can type and type and type, but they (the complainers) won't be convinced, because they don't want to be convinced. Only a complete, 60-minute performance on offense will send them scuttling back into the shadows.

Take heart sir, because you and I both know there are 100 glorious victories on the horizon. As long as we have a functioning GM who's able to put complementary players around Murray, it's only a matter time until K1 and the Cardinals achieve greatness.

in a thread decrying the state of toxicity in the board, you call fellow board members whiners, complainers and hope they'll scuttle back in the shadows. Good form.

I understand full well that I contribute to the toxicity on the board at times. It just amazes me the level of detail some people have as far as their own impact, believing themselves to be completely without blame.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Honestly PA, the whiners and complainers do have some valid points about K1 and K2's performance through the first three games. It's nothing that we didn't expect however.

My point this morning is that you and I (and a few others) can type and type and type, but they (the complainers) won't be convinced, because they don't want to be convinced. Only a complete, 60-minute performance on offense will send them scuttling back into the shadows.

Take heart sir, because you and I both know there are 100 glorious victories on the horizon. As long as we have a functioning GM who's able to put complementary players around Murray, it's only a matter time until K1 and the Cardinals achieve greatness.

This is the ugliest thing — and why many people consider this a cult: Murray cannot fail, he can only BE FAILED by those around him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yes he is. Asians never get their due. Tiger Wood's is more Asian than anything, yet hardly ever is he considered an Asian golfer. In another 100 years, we'll finally all just be called "Americans".
that's because the African American's took him in the first round of Dave Chappelle's first annual racial draft. "Say goodbye to fried rice and say hello to fried chicken!!!"

If you havent seen that clip, you must stop what your doing now and go watch it immediately.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is the ugliest thing — and why many people consider this a cult: Murray cannot fail, he can only BE FAILED by those around him.
Murray is our QB and one we expect to have around for a long time. Why would we not want to put pieces around him to help him to succeed? This seems like you looking for things that just aren't there...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Murray is our QB and one we expect to have around for a long time. Why would we not want to put pieces around him to help him to succeed? This seems like you looking for things that just aren't there...

That's not what he said. I want Murray to succeed, just like I wanted Rosen to succeed, and Palmer. But to say that the only thing holding the CARDINALS back from glory is how well we can support Murray is nonsense.

Maybe you said what CM meant to say, but that's not what he said. He said cult stuff .

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Part of my "ugly" behavior kerouac9, is my reaction to behavior on the board that, to me, indicates some people would like to see Murray fail (not the team, just Murray), and I think that's the ugliest thing that could emanate from a fan.

Sigh.. by Thursday, these discussions have usually become so tedious, and recognize that I'm not helping the situation. I apologize to everyone for my part in bringing the down the level of discussion.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's not what he said. I want Murray to succeed, just like I wanted Rosen to succeed, and Palmer. But to say that the only thing holding the CARDINALS back from glory is how well we can support Murray is nonsense.

Maybe you said what CM meant to say, but that's not what he said. He said cult stuff .

If Murray played well, the Cardinals would likely be 3-0 or at worst 2-1.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Matt Leinart had Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Edgerrin James, and we had to move on from him for the player that could succeed with that cast. Leinart had the pedigree that Warner did not.

This is no different. If/when Kyler cannot succeed, it will not solely be dependent on the talent surrounding him.

I don't want him to be the next Leinart, I don't want us to lose, but pretending Kyler is merely a victim of his circumstance if he fails to succeed is ridiculous at this point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is our QB and one we expect to have around for a long time. Why would we not want to put pieces around him to help him to succeed?

literally NO ONE SAID THIS. you are twisting people's words to argue a point that doesn't exist.

This seems like you looking for things that just aren't there...

says the guy who just projected an argument onto others that none of them have made.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Well we're officially at each others throats now. Lol..

How terribly sad.

I feel like that actor in the movie Falling Down. In the final scene he says "I'm the bad guy? How did that happen?"

:)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Please tell me that you were joking in this post, because this is a freaking joke of a post. Talk about feeding the toxicity of the board--and then completely ignoring it when a poster points it out--and then doubling down by complaining about the toxicity this late in the week! I mean, wow!

You want to know what the problem is? It isn't that some posters want KM to fail or are just negative by nature. The problem is that some posters WILL NOT ADMIT ANY CRITICISM FOR KM. Period. Anything, the smallest negative, gets brushed under the rug and decried.

Well, he's a rookie, and he's playing like a rookie, which means he's making boneheaded plays. AND THAT'S OKAY. What I don't like, what I don't think is okay, is the continued idolization of KM.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Please tell me that you were joking in this post, because this is a freaking joke of a post. Talk about feeding the toxicity of the board--and then completely ignoring it when a poster points it out--and then doubling down by complaining about the toxicity this late in the week! I mean, wow!

You want to know what the problem is? It isn't that some posters want KM to fail or are just negative by nature. The problem is that some posters WILL NOT ADMIT ANY CRITICISM FOR KM. Period. Anything, the smallest negative, gets brushed under the rug and decried.

Well, he's a rookie, and he's playing like a rookie, which means he's making boneheaded plays. AND THAT'S OKAY. What I don't like, what I don't think is okay, is the continued idolization of KM.

Why not? Many players worse than KM have been idolized on this board without illiciting this kind of response from you (from my memory). Ask yourself why that is :shrug:

Stout

Reaction score
Why not? Many players worse than KM have been idolized on this board without illiciting this kind of response from you (from my memory). Ask yourself why that is :shrug:

Go ahead and tell me which Cardinal player I've idolized WITHOUT PLAYING EVEN A PRESEASON SNAP. You can't, because, jokes aside (maybe a few Washington, Washingtons), I haven't. Posters were putting him in the HOF in the offseason, man. I mean, c'mon! It was just too much, and it flipped me out in the offseason. And, with a select few, it's continuing into the season. To them, he can absolutely do no wrong. Even when people hedge with hope, no, we're wrong because we're assigning him any blame at all.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don’t want to pile on here, but I’m wondering whom you’re thinking about here, too.

I can’t think of a guy who still had a contingent of people refusing to see any warts after 0 wins in 3 games.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've been around since the AZProSports days, and I don't remember this kind of love for someone who hasn't played a snap, and like @Stout has said, has continued into the season.

Jake Plummer comes to mind, but he makes sense with the connection that he had to Arizona sports as a whole. Anquan Boldin, who got preseason hype, but lived up to it, even though he's technically a villain in Cardinals history? Raynoch Thompson? Ronald McKinnon? (as guys who were considered hype-worthy but weren't going to be players anywhere else..)

We have to go back 20 years to talk about some of them, and maybe Leinart's the last true cult of personality that didn't deserve it, but nothing has matched the wildly inappropriate love for Kyler Murray that happened this summer.

It feels painfully manufactured, because everyone was praying that we'd only get the #1 overall pick when the perfect prospect was there waiting for us.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I, for one, never found Polaroid's to be such a bad thing .....well unless you're caught doing something indescreet THEN you've been Polaroidized

Stout

Reaction score
I've been around since the AZProSports days, and I don't remember this kind of love for someone who hasn't played a snap, and like @Stout has said, has continued into the season.

Jake Plummer comes to mind, but he makes sense with the connection that he had to Arizona sports as a whole. Anquan Boldin, who got preseason hype, but lived up to it, even though he's technically a villain in Cardinals history? Raynoch Thompson? Ronald McKinnon? (as guys who were considered hype-worthy but weren't going to be players anywhere else..)

We have to go back 20 years to talk about some of them, and maybe Leinart's the last true cult of personality that didn't deserve it, but nothing has matched the wildly inappropriate love for Kyler Murray that happened this summer.

It feels painfully manufactured, because everyone was praying that we'd only get the #1 overall pick when the perfect prospect was there waiting for us.

Oh God, I forgot about that! I was trying to crucify members of the board for that hype machine. Sure was some tasty crow I et :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Go ahead and tell me which Cardinal player I've idolized WITHOUT PLAYING EVEN A PRESEASON SNAP. You can't, because, jokes aside (maybe a few Washington, Washingtons), I haven't. Posters were putting him in the HOF in the offseason, man. I mean, c'mon! It was just too much, and it flipped me out in the offseason. And, with a select few, it's continuing into the season. To them, he can absolutely do no wrong. Even when people hedge with hope, no, we're wrong because we're assigning him any blame at all.
Read my post again. I didn’t say “you” did, I said others did. But you never attacked those players as you have kyler 1, 2, 3 games into his professional career. So is it just the volume of people hailing him as the savior? Because I recall very similar experience on here with matty L and I don’t recall it “flipping you out” (I mean why do you care that much about what other people think of a dude they haven’t see play a snap of pro ball?).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t want to pile on here, but I’m wondering whom you’re thinking about here, too.

I can’t think of a guy who still had a contingent of people refusing to see any warts after 0 wins in 3 games.
Dude David Johnson still has fans that believe he walks in water around here. Buddha baker is still revered as a playmaker. Warts?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Oy still wailing about the summer. Dude let it go. Live in the present. We have a promising rookie QB. Something we haven’t had in a long time. Watch him (and hope he will) grow. And try to enjoy the little things until this three-games-removed-from-worst-team-the-league team is ready to compete for a playoff spot. He’s going to have growing pains. Expected. Hope he overcomes them.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Shoot haven’t been spanked since before I was an Army combat engineer - they threw me off the cards main board and I landed here! I wrote for pro football central for awhile, they asked me because I had strong opinion. I don’t care who the QB is as long as he gives it all he has to offer, I’m more concerned with solid fundamentals - which we have not had since dennis green. I wanted him to have another year. I liked Josh mcnown - because he was red bird committed -

Practice, running, blocking, tackling, time management give any qb we have a chance to shine.
Was he a fundamentally sound 1st overall draft pick? My answer remains no - only because of KK was km drafted #1 overall, but can say KK is better than Wilkes - but that ain’t saying much.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson