Playoffs: Suns @ Clippers Thursday game thread 4-20-2023 - Game 3

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Man… we shot 60% from the field and it was only a 6 point lead with 3 minutes left. That doesn’t make me feel great going into Game 3.

Someway, somehow, this bench needs to make some kind of offensive impact. Sad as this is, they need Cam Payne back desperately… as erratic as he is.
I will feel pretty good if the same thing and results happen in Game 3.

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
How long does this last, Craig #11 in percentages.

Ayton #20ish in two categories, 69 percentile of the 80 starters, not good.

Rebounds, 86 percentile of 80 starters, okay-ish so far. But of the 15 other starting center i'm guess he's in the 25%.
I think that the sample size is too small to be taking these stats seriously.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that the sample size is too small to be taking these stats seriously.
That's why they were posted as "as of right now". Just more of an indicator how they are playing against their peers in the playoffs. Still early.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man… we shot 60% from the field and it was only a 6 point lead with 3 minutes left. That doesn’t make me feel great going into Game 3.

Someway, somehow, this bench needs to make some kind of offensive impact. Sad as this is, they need Cam Payne back desperately… as erratic as he is.
Yeah, well I don't think Westbrook has another game that good again in this series either.

Take away the first quarter and we beat them all game, just need to come out more locked in, which we should on the road and I think we have a good chance.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well I don't think Westbrook has another game that good again in this series either.
Westbrook was 3-19 in Game 1 and they won so they’ve already shown the ability to win when he’s jacking up terrible shots.
Take away the first quarter and we beat them all game,
And yet it’s still a 6 point game with 3 minutes left.
just need to come out more locked in, which we should on the road and I think we have a good chance.
I hope you’re right but we’ve gotten off to terrible starts two games in a row. Not sure why we’d be more locked in on the road than we should have been last night when we were down 0-1 in the series. They get down big again, it’s not like they’ll have the crowd there to help give them a boost as they try to rally.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. Don’t know what you got till it’s gone. I would freaking jump up and down if we could hire Lue

I like Tyronn Lue as a coach, but I'm not ready to jump on the fire Monty bandwagon just yet.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Well, sure but do you expect us to shoot 60% in a game again?
We also shot 47%/31% in game 1 and barely lost. We might very well shoot 45% in game 3 and still win. There is no guarantee that stats from one game will have any merit on the next game. For instance we could shoot worse and turn it over less and that would cancel each other out to some extent. Decent chance we also have more than 14 FTAs in game 3 as well.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Westbrook was 3-19 in Game 1 and they won so they’ve already shown the ability to win when he’s jacking up terrible shots.

And yet it’s still a 6 point game with 3 minutes left.

I hope you’re right but we’ve gotten off to terrible starts two games in a row. Not sure why we’d be more locked in on the road than we should have been last night when we were down 0-1 in the series. They get down big again, it’s not like they’ll have the crowd there to help give them a boost as they try to rally.
You've really embraced the glass half empty view of things, haven't you? I guess it makes sense -- I remember you were like this at the beginning of the season as well. Hopefully the Suns will prove you wrong, but we'll see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this was posted, but an x-ray on Chris Paul's right hand was negative.

He is not on the injury report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tod was a much better day out doing actities after a good gm 2 dub! Thank u dbook

Want to see suns play to there all star lvl in a huge gm 3

Just thank the holy nba gods suns arent going to la down 0 2whewww holy nightmare batman!! Lol

Hope all cards suns fans havin good week!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard