Playoffs: Suns @ Clippers Thursday game thread 4-20-2023 - Game 3

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice to have you back. Please keep posting on the Suns forum. I enjoy your takes.

Sometimes it's better to leave certain things unsaid for the betterment of the forum, even if they are accurate.
Nah...lay it out there. Unless you are telling people what they think or putting words into people's mouths which has been the problem, there is no reason to leave anything else unsaid. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah...lay it out there. Unless you are telling people what they think or putting words into people's mouths which has been the problem, there is no reason to leave anything else unsaid. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Unfortunately, I've found it doesn't always work this way.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice to have you back. Please keep posting on the Suns forum. I enjoy your takes.

Sometimes it's better to leave certain things unsaid for the betterment of the forum, even if they are accurate.

There are elements to this you aren't aware of, nor should you be. Please read the forum temperature. The banning was reviewed and approved beyond me. This is the last it will be discussed

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I hope we get her done this next game and get HC back. Having said that? Yeah...the minutes KD and Book are logging is a little concerning. I just don't see that getting under control when our bench doesn't show up. We need the bench to show up.
Well if we lose, are you going to say, "Welp, at least KD didn't play 45 minutes." Of course you won't. If the bench isn't performing and you want a win, what do you do?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Saban Lee on the Suns bench smiling, laughing and having a good time. I hope he is part of the Suns future.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if we lose, are you going to say, "Welp, at least KD didn't play 45 minutes." Of course you won't. If the bench isn't performing and you want a win, what do you do?
That's exactly what I am saying.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No stopping Kawhi. He just have to stop himself. All five starters have to show up

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Craig is starting because whoever the 5th is will have a ton of open looks and has to produce, which is exactly what Craig has done while starting in both playoff games. It's everything Okogie stopped doing. Seems to be working imo, we would've lost by more in Game 1 and Craig was again a major factor in Game 2. But I digress - for the foreseeable future. I'm gonna chill on the Suns forum for a minute. I actually like the coach so it's hard out here for a pimp. So anyways, cheers and let's go Suns. I still think they'll win in 6, have a good series everybody

I have been critical of Craig starting, but this is looking like a good move by Monty at this point. Still would like to see more points off the bench somehow.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig is starting because whoever the 5th is will have a ton of open looks and has to produce, which is exactly what Craig has done while starting in both playoff games. It's everything Okogie stopped doing. Seems to be working imo, we would've lost by more in Game 1 and Craig was again a major factor in Game 2. But I digress - for the foreseeable future. I'm gonna chill on the Suns forum for a minute. I actually like the coach so it's hard out here for a pimp. So anyways, cheers and let's go Suns. I still think they'll win in 6, have a good series everybody
Out of curiosity, this morning I read a thread elsewhere about the LAC/PHX series and I was surprised that Clippers fans seemed to be no more enamored of Lue than we are of Monty. If that was your only source you'd be convinced that Lue was one of the worst coaches in the game. It's a time honored tradition to rip your coach when things go wrong. Sometimes it's deserved, sometimes it's angry fans run amuck.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, this morning I read a thread elsewhere about the LAC/PHX series and I was surprised that Clippers fans seemed to be no more enamored of Lue than we are of Monty. If that was your only source you'd be convinced that Lue was one of the worst coaches in the game. It's a time honored tradition to rip your coach when things go wrong. Sometimes it's deserved, sometimes it's angry fans run amuck.

Yeah, it would make Suns fans happy if the Clippers immediately fired Lue.

There is a saying something to the effect, a leader is not respected in his hometown. I've often found this to be true.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, it would make Suns fans happy if the Clippers immediately fired Lue.

There is a saying something to the effect, a leader is not respected in his hometown. I've often found this to be true.

Right. Don’t know what you got till it’s gone. I would freaking jump up and down if we could hire Lue

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checking where some of our players rank per game (playoffs) as of right now (Qualifier at least 20 MPG):

PPG
Book #4, Durant #12, Craig #28

FG%
Craig #6, Booker #24, Ayton #25,

3PT %
Craig #11, Booker #32

Reb
Ayton #11, Paul #12, Durant #14

Assists
Paul #3, Durant #4, Booker #8

Steals
Booker #8, Paul #18, Craig #24, Durant #27

Blocks
Durant #10, Booker #14, Ayton #28

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just checking where some of our players rank per game (playoffs) as of right now (Qualifier at least 20 MPG):

PPG

FG%

3PT %
Craig #11, Booker #32

Reb

Assists

Steals

Blocks

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Our defense has been amazing apparently at least from our starters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… we shot 60% from the field and it was only a 6 point lead with 3 minutes left. That doesn’t make me feel great going into Game 3.

Someway, somehow, this bench needs to make some kind of offensive impact. Sad as this is, they need Cam Payne back desperately… as erratic as he is.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

PPG

FG%

3PT %
Craig #11
, Booker #32

Reb

Assists

Steals

Blocks

How long does this last, Craig #11 in percentages.

Ayton #20ish in two categories, 69 percentile of the 80 starters, not good.

Rebounds, 86 percentile of 80 starters, okay-ish so far. But of the 15 other starting center i'm guess he's in the 25%.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have to go to a bar to watch this game. Slim picking in the city I live in. I don't have NBA tv.:(

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly. People are making way too much out of whether he plays 40 or 45 minutes. He will play 40.

5 more minutes is not that big a deal, especially if it shaves a game or two off the series.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard