Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

Reaction score
This disaster was create well before Ishbia… Jones has been flat out awful the last few years building the roster period! Not addressing the PG position knowing Paul and Payne injury history is beyond bad! We probably don’t even get past the clips had we just run it back with Cam and Bridges. We took a swing and it didn’t work but 8 games is hardly time to build team chemistry with a moron coach changing the lineups daily! To early to call the Durant deal a failure we have him no they need to shore up the tens around Book and KD and let them have a season together hopefully under a quality coach and better role players.
I argued against the KD trade---but as you say, sometimes you take a shot. Unfortunately, that shot cost us our future and a lot of trade leverage. It dramatically weakened our overall D (combined with the loss of Crowder). Ayton must go, and we need to rebuild as if KD won't be there, and focus on DEFENSE, which is what usually wins in the playoffs. (Denver got 100 or more in every game).

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What happened to the Suns last night? A home game that we were favored to win, and we get blown out?

What happened to our four game sweep or win in six, people on here predicted? SMH.

Always next year, I guess, maybe.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You act as though it was one or the other. It wasn’t.

We had a ton of flexibility to add to a group that was just a hair short of glory. Instead of using that flexibility they “swung for the fences” destroyed their flexibility, their cap, almost all their draft options and as result we didn’t even improve in the short term.

The odds that the Durant trade will go down as an all time disaster are extremely high right now.
No, I am acting like as close as we were it wasn't enough or going to be enough. There were a bunch of injuries in the west and following that year there were a bunch of moves in the west by other teams. The Suns needed more than just a tweak. Booker disappeared at the end. So did our core. Then it happened again in the next playoffs. It was crystal clear we needed a star to play next to him in case he disappeared in future playoff appearances. It has now happened 3 playoffs in a row. I have said the KD trade might be a failure but so was our approach prior.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see who stays and who goes
Well, I'm staying although I'm not exactly sure why. I wouldn't be surprised to see any combination of JJ, Monty, CP3, DA, Damion Lee, Okogie and the guy who sells popcorn all gone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine being a fan paying big ticket money to watch this clownshow team.... double whammy with cards bright season to ahead dear god....

The good thing is, the Cardinals have already cleaned house, had a good draft and look to have another good draft next year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the plus side though, unlike the Cards, the Suns already got rid of their problem owner.

There is a phrase: "Jumping out of the frying pan into the fire."

I'm not sure if the Suns haven't done exactly that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He's been a flat out disaster. 14% from 3 in the post season, his defense has slipped too.

Two months ago we thought we wouldn't be able to afford him in free agency... right now his highest offer might come from China.
I don't mind him on a small deal if that's an option this offseason. He's got some things to work on but some serious skills as well. Most importantly, we won't be able to afford much better anyway.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind him on a small deal if that's an option this offseason. He's got some things to work on but some serious skills as well. Most importantly, we won't be able to afford much better anyway.

I guess, but I'd prefer to put Okogie on one of the Suns (3) two-way contracts if he qualifies.

And no, I do not want to see Ish Wainright on the Suns any more unless it's on a G-League roster. Even then, it would make me nervous having him so close to the team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It sure looks that way now :sad:

We expected 30-35 points per night,,high percentage shooting,,good ball handling,,and adequate defensive play from a 7-footer. The past two games those 'hopes' didn't materialize.

KD's post game interview, he said > 'It was embarrassing' [ for him and the fans ]
At least he took ownership for it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The irony in this post with the fact that the Cardinals are such a bad franchise and yet what we have to look forward to. UGH!
Just so you’re not disappointed, there’s nothing to look forward to with the cardinals next season. Thereafter? Hopefully. But don’t look for fun next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose