Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you keep ignoring the WAS part which means our old core was fools gold too. What would have staying put accomplished? At least with the Durant trade they swung for the fences. Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

I suggest you look at the IS and FUTURE part of it as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have a crystal ball this year or for next? At least with the trade there was a chance. We did however have history 2 years running with the old core. How did that turn out? The team was struggling on the boards this season with Cam J in the lineup and resigning him would have had us commit to him as our PF. So, please without any proof continue to claim we were on our way with our old core.
We were 13-4 with CamJ in the lineup this past season. Our problem was injuries, plain and simple. We were one of the best teams in the league when most of the team was healthy.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ayton isn’t the only one taking his ball and going home early

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have a crystal ball this year or for next? At least with the trade there was a chance. We did however have history 2 years running with the old core. How did that turn out? The team was struggling on the boards this season with Cam J in the lineup and resigning him would have had us commit to him as our PF. So, please without any proof continue to claim we were on our way with our old core.

I don't need a crystal ball to see that core play in the NBA finals in their first postseason together. I believed all along they deserved time to grow together and deserved another shot after whatever caused the meltdown last season against Dallas. They weren't given that. Instead we saw what happened and now there are fewer avenues to improve this team. That's why I believed when the KD deal was made it wasn't the right move and after watching this postseason it reinforces my beliefs. They're far too thin to compete.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Agree. Jokic is just silly stupid great. Will be interesting to see what other teams try against him.
He’s an unbelievably good basketball player. Which is why you at least try to make other players beat you. Monty never blitzed the dude once. never tried KD at 5 once to make him work defensively. Just a pathetic coaching effort.

When a guy is roasting you game after game you throw the kitchen sink at him. Monty was content it seemed letting him play his game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Win totals don’t mean much. Last year proved that.
That's a lazy argument. Does losing badly to Denver mean much? What was the value of KD if it wasn't to get us more wins? It's not like he led the Nets to a championship the previous year, the Celtics swept them in four games. Win totals mean a heck of a lot more than loss totals. You can't win a championship without regular season wins and the team with the best regular season record does pretty well in the postseason historically.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Least my gf came ro my place ton gpod company for awful suns misery and got veniza pizza

Wtf was up with kd he looked awful.... very disapointed

Weird n mixed feelings ahhh well is what it is

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't need a crystal ball to see that core play in the NBA finals in their first postseason together. I believed all along they deserved time to grow together and deserved another shot after whatever caused the meltdown last season against Dallas. They weren't given that. Instead we saw what happened and now there are fewer avenues to improve this team. That's why I believed when the KD deal was made it wasn't the right move and after watching this postseason it reinforces my beliefs. They're far too thin to compete.
You mean the team that collapsed and became one of the handful of teams in NBA history to have that happen? The same team who the following year set the record for wins and then crapped the bed in the playoffs? That core had it’s chance and the West made a ton of moves making the West that much better.

That core wasn’t good enough and this team is too thin. Both things can be true.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Instead, we draft Jalen Smith to hand out towels for 2.5 years.
And even Smith showed some signs of maybe developing into something... if, you know, like we had tried to develop him or something.

Jones and Monty both really seem like some arrogant and inflexible boobs when you get down to it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a lazy argument. Does losing badly to Denver mean much? What was the value of KD if it wasn't to get us more wins? It's not like he led the Nets to a championship the previous year, the Celtics swept them in four games. Win totals mean a heck of a lot more than loss totals. You can't win a championship without regular season wins and the team with the best regular season record does pretty well in the postseason historically.
It’s really not. The point being is you can’t prop up your point with regular season win totals when it’s been proven not just by the Suns that win totals doesn’t mean that’s your measure in the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I played an entire half of a basketball game on a compound fractured ankle. Swelled to the size of a softball and couldn't even get my shoe off after the game.
My father was playing me one-on-one in our driveway when I was 18. I knocked him down, he broke his elbow. He went in the house, got a sling. Came back out and beat me with one arm.

My dad has 100x’s the heart of fAykton.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imagine being a fan paying big ticket money to watch this clownshow team.... double whammy with cards bright season to ahead dear god....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's what it means to be one of the protected players in this league. Wish we had one.
And he’s so damn good he doesn’t need the that treatment. I don’t get it. It I my lessens his accomplishments in my eyes, and I think he’s the mvp.