Playoffs - It ain't over...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I posted that even if we beat the Colts the chances of us making he playoffs were dim. If we had beat the Eagles then I would like our chances a little bit but as it stands now the FB gods need to smile on us and typically they don't.

At least we are still talking playoffs with 3 games to go. Kudos to BASK for the job they have done thus far.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I posted that even if we beat the Colts the chances of us making he playoffs were dim. If we had beat the Eagles then I would like our chances a little bit but as it stands now the FB gods need to smile on us and typically they don't.

At least we are still talking playoffs with 3 games to go. Kudos to BASK for the job they have done thus far.

Everyone involved did a stellar job getting us to this point.

If I were to put money on a end-of-the-season meltdown that gave us a crack at the post-season, it would be on the Panthers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yup.

I'll tell you what really impressed me today. After last week's heartbreaker, previous Cardinal teams could have VERY easily come home
and completely stunk up the joint. But that didn't happen. They came out and just dominated. It's one of the only times I can really ever remember a Cardinals team winning by 20 and thinking the score doesn't speak to how much of a blowout it really was.

Really impressed with Arians and his ability to not only have his team
fight extremely hard as they did last week when they could have folded their tents down 24-7, but the way this team
Bounces back from tough losses is really impressive as well.

We've won 5 of 6, blown some teams out and have reestablished the UOP as a legit home field...and we've still got a shot at the playoffs, even tho it's somewhat remote. This has been a great building block season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we miss, it's on Daryl Washington. There is no doubt we would have won in stl if he had not been suspended.

One joint short of the playoffs.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we miss, it's on Daryl Washington. There is no doubt we would have won in stl if he had not been suspended.

One joint short of the playoffs.

We still had an 11 point lead going into the 4th quarter though.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe the cards have beaten the sowgirls 6 in a row.

No, just 3 in a row. All because Dallas botched a kick. Blocked punt recovered for winning TD by the Cards. Dallas misses an extra point and Cards win in OT and finally Dallas ices their own kicker who misses the second kick and Cards win in OT again.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If the team goes 10-6 this year I can't complain at all even if they don't make the playoffs. Best record in how long???? Major change over in the roster and a first year coaching staff with new schemes. We were not expected to win more than 5 games. We are in playoff contention with 3 games to go. Already have 8 wins. 10 wins is not out of the question. Just think about it double digit wins. With a good draft and a decent FA period this team will only get better for next year.

I dare say we should be considered among the elite teams next year. Definitely a top ten team. When can we say that has happened before??? Only 8 teams in the NFL have a better record than us at this point. I feel this is just the beginning of something that will only get better as we move forward. A 11-12 win season is very possible next year. The Whiners and Hags can no longer take this team lightly. If they do they are in for a rude awakening.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup.

I'll tell you what really impressed me today. After last week's heartbreaker, previous Cardinal teams could have VERY easily come home
and completely stunk up the joint. But that didn't happen. They came out and just dominated. It's one of the only times I can really ever remember a Cardinals team winning by 20 and thinking the score doesn't speak to how much of a blowout it really was.

Great points.

Really impressed with Arians and his ability to not only have his team
fight extremely hard as they did last week when they could have folded their tents down 24-7, but the way this team
Bounces back from tough losses is really impressive as well.

I for one was on BA's case a bit early in the season for being a blowhard, man was I wrong. BA has the entire teams attention and they will go through a wall for him.

We've won 5 of 6, blown some teams out and have reestablished the UOP as a legit home field...and we've still got a shot at the playoffs, even tho it's somewhat remote. This has been a great building block season.

Agree but my inner demons are chanting Texans Falcons Texans Falcons. So much can change in a year in the NFL and those two teams were considered locks for the playoffs this year and potential SB participants.

I'm not predicting the same type of meltdown for our Cards but......

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Could Seattle lose on purpose?

Say the Cards beat Titans this weekend, and Frisco loses (Cards and Niners same record). Seattle is already in, could or would they lose purpose to the Cards to potentially knock Frisco out of the Wild Card? I'm sure the Seachickens faithful would rather potentially face the Cards rather than the Niners in the playoffs.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
carolina lost, if we win out and they go 2-1 from here we are in. We hold the tiebreaker vs CAR

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
gmabel830 broke down the rules this way:

"If Cards, Niners and Panthers all finish at 11-5...

First step would be breaking tie between Cards and Niners, which the Niners would win due to better division record.

Then the Niners and Panthers were break their tie with Carolina getting the advantage due to head to head.

So Carolina would be #5, San Fran would be #6, and Cards would be #7."

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
gmabel830 broke down the rules this way:

"If Cards, Niners and Panthers all finish at 11-5...

First step would be breaking tie between Cards and Niners, which the Niners would win due to better division record.

Then the Niners and Panthers were break their tie with Carolina getting the advantage due to head to head.

So Carolina would be #5, San Fran would be #6, and Cards would be #7."

Our best and most likely scenerio is for the 9ers to win out, the Panthers lose one more, and we finish tied with Carolina with 5 losses...
There are so many other teams who could potentially finish 10 & 6, that it just seems almost impossible for us to get in with 6 losses...

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Our best and most likely scenerio is for the 9ers to win out, the Panthers lose one more, and we finish tied with Carolina with 5 losses...
There are so many other teams who could potentially finish 10 & 6, that it just seems almost impossible for us to get in with 6 losses...

How do the Niners win out and we only have 5 losses?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
How do the Niners win out and we only have 5 losses?

Doh! Guess that can't happen huh... Ooops.

Oh well... needless to say, our chances are extremely slim. I guess it would take us winning out and Carolina and/or SF losing 2 of their next 3. Highly unlikely...

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It ain't over, but there is a rather robust lady warming her vocal cords in the green room. Thanks for nothing Seattle & Detroit. :(

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It ain't over, but there is a rather robust lady warming her vocal cords in the green room. Thanks for nothing Seattle & Detroit. :(

I don't think that Detroit/Philly will mean anything to us when it's all said and done. The Seattle game really put the dagger in us. It really looks like our fate lies with the 9ers and Panthers, period.
Crazy to think we can actually win 11 games this season and not make the post season. Wow...

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I think the Saints will handle the Panthers on December 22. So for now, we have to become the biggest J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fans in the country when they play Carolina this week.

Barf.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I think the Saints will handle the Panthers on December 22. So for now, we have to become the biggest J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fans in the country when they play Carolina this week.

Barf.

HUGE BARF!!!!!! There is no other coach in the game that I despise more than Rex Ryan! Uggghhhhhh...... :bang:

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
I wouldn't over look the Panthers game in ATL to end the year. ATL has had a horrific season, but is loaded with talent and will be playing a division rival at home with nothing to lose and the opportunity to knock their rival out of the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Niners had just beaten Carolina last month, we'd be sitting in the catbord's seat.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
If we find a way to beat Seattle in Seattle, then I gotta think the football gods will find a way to get us in. Otherwise, we don't have to worry about what other teams do anyway.