Sunday Nova Vs Ray

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tomas not in the lineup: Though he’s hitting .313 against right-handed pitching, Yasmany Tomas was not in Lovullo’s starting lineup Thursday against the Pirates and righty Gerrit Cole. Instead, Lovullo went with Daniel Descalso as his starting left fielder. Descalso will bat seventh.
I wanted to give Daniel a chance to play; he hasn’t played in several days,” Lovullo said. “… I just like the idea of having a left-handed bat in there. Nothing against Yas, he’s been swinging the bat pretty well and he hit a big home run last night. It was just about somebody on the bench getting a chance to play and help us win a ballgame.”
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...y-d-backs-open-home-series-pirates/318889001/

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This has "we are going to lose every game" written on over it. :doi:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Not including a platoon lineup vs. a lefty (which I am OK with if we have two consistent batting orders -- one against righties and one against lefties), how often do we see our "A" lineup? Maybe one out of 5 games?

I am all for having a rested lineup come the playoffs, but we're not going to sniff them if our "A" lineup starts every 5th game.

I was also for changing from a Catcher rotation of hitters to one that excels in defense, calling pitches, framing pitches, etc. As long as we have 7 solid hitters ahead of them in the batting order. Three or four weak hitters in a row puts us at a disadvantage.

The latest announcement is that Lovullo (I am finally spelling it correctly) is going to find a regular spot for Ahmed. Nick in a platoon vs. lefties is working OK. If he returns to batting regularly against righties, the results will be the same as has been his whole career. Add Descalso to that and we're really hurting.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Man Grienke really looks like garbage tonight. What an overpaid bum! We lose this game for sure!!!!

#reversehex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man Grienke really looks like garbage tonight. What an overpaid bum! We lose this game for sure!!!!

#reversehex

The guys not worth the minimum.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wish we had Russ Ortiz pitching over Greinke

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Greinke's command is a little off today. Is he sick?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Man, Greinke sucks.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So close! Now he just has to hold them off and the offense needs to score more runs!