xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned, Cam Johnson is starting to look comfortable at power forward, both offensively and defensively.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The all-bench unit in the 2nd half could have certainly used Dario Saric in the lineup. They needed the added stability.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While we didn't win by my predicted 30 points, I feel like this was mostly because the Wolves limited combining the minutes of Towns and Gobert as much as possible.

That pairing is a disaster. They're supposed to cover for eachother's weaknesses, instead they amplify them. When they're on the court together Towns is reduced to being a stretch 4... and nothing more... and a bad one at that. Instead of him playing on the wing against 5s, like he used to, now he is playing against guys who can stay in front of him... and he can't stay infront of anyone. Towns only strength was that he was an dangerous inside and outside offensive threat.

Without the option to attack the paint and from the perimeter Towns is now... just another shooter, he's Bogdan, only worse defensively. Even tonight, almost all his points came in a brief stretch in the early 4th because Monty left Biz on him when KAT was the only big, if we'd put a better perimeter defender on him during that stretch I doubt the Wolves ever threaten in the 4th.

Towns is a loser, he is Demarcus Cousins... only without the competitive spirit, basically Cousins with less Ts... but far more of a quitter. They should trade him before the rest of the league sniffs him out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And landale was really bad tonight. Book too. Payne was poor second half.

And still we won and won convincingly.

Anyone thinking this squad only wins 40-something games is way off.
Agreed. I've been all over the map with them, picking everything from low 40's and up but clearly I was too influenced by all the negatives surrounding the franchise (Sarver, playoff debacle, preseason struggles and roster concerns). I'd be surprised, barring major injuries, if we don't once again compete for best record. Maybe not quite matching last year as we intend to rest key players but probably in the vicinity of 60 wins.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Payne is improving but still can't get the angle when using the backboard (since the tail end of last season) and it used to be his bread and butter. The other thing is when he's on the floor he's the one who's open most, so he's got to be consistent.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
this is one of the better of some great wins, because we played Suns ball
our strengths, in order, are:
1. our offense, when we're sharing the ball
2. our team defense
3. Booker

we're always better off with Booker on the floor because he can get his own shot and he draws double teams
but if the ball isn't moving we're not taking advantage of what has been our #1 strength the past 3 seasons

that's the identity and winning culture that Paul brought to this team, but Paul doesn't necessarily have to be on the floor for us to execute it

tonight was a good example of those strengths.
the t-wolves were nailing their 3's in the 4th and they played pretty good defense but were still no match for us

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
what's Cam J's contract situation?
i'm worried that when he starts being consistent we may not be able to afford to keep him

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
what's Cam J's contract situation?
i'm worried that when he starts being consistent we may not be able to afford to keep him
Supposedly, Sarver was willing to extend him and pay luxury tax. Now with potential new owners, who knows? I think the only way the core of this team stays together for sure, and this doesn't guarantee it, is to win the NBA title. In theory, who would bust up an NBA Championship team? You would almost have to pay Cam and run it back again. If they won the title, you don't know if it's a start of a run of multiple titles. You would want to see if they could repeat, I would think. Unless we get a millionaire owner, like Sarver, who can't afford it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should of signed Cam Johnson when you had the chancev

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I was wrong about the twin towers. I expected them to crush us on offensive boards.
It just seems like a bad combo of skill sets with those two. Rudy seems like he’s in space, KAT is a good passer but both clog the lane for Edwards which hurts everyone

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great to see that Dario Saric is alive and well, and being rested up for his future role as a secret weapon in the playoffs, the real season that matters.

Dude even shot 100% from the field last night!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is reportedly what got Chris Paul a technical foul.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And landale was really bad tonight. Book too. Payne was poor second half.

And still we won and won convincingly.

Anyone thinking this squad only wins 40-something games is way off.
Yeah. I was wrong about that. This team is better. No DA, No Jae, Landale and Book playing poorly. Convincing win.

Wonder how well we would have done with Ayton on the floor? Somehow, I don't think it would have been much better. Food for thought.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was definitely wrong. This isn’t a high 40 win club. This team challenges for best record in the league again.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah. I was wrong about that. This team is better. No DA, No Jae, Landale and Book playing poorly. Convincing win.

Wonder how well we would have done with Ayton on the floor? Somehow, I don't think it would have been much better. Food for thought.
Our +- without DA is actually better when he doesn’t play….saw a stat watching the game last night. Edwards started white hot last night but we contained him and then we started clicking offensively.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr