Pick up games, training camp news

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In all the pics from media day and training camp, it’s pretty disappointing to see Josh Jackson coming in looking around the same as he did last year physically. He may have actually even lost some weight. I really thought one of his main off season goals was to get stronger.

Sucks to see a guy like Tatum look significantly bigger and stronger over the summer and Jackson looks basically complacent.

Really? I thought his arms looked bigger as he was sitting down with EJ and Leander.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I wonder how long they had to shoot video to get a clip of him making three in a row.

Probably not long. When he is on fire, he is on fire. His problem is that he doesn't allow himself to be on fire very often. In that clip, he made his move, got the ball, and shot it each time. He knew he was going to shoot the ball the second he started each move. He now needs to figure out how to take that mindset into actual games, and THAT is where his problem is.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I hope that everyone is right about Ayton. Wouldn't it be a god send for the Suns to finally have a big man with elite physical skills paired with elite basketball skills? Barkley and Amare sort of fit that bill. I would fully focus on the Suns and put the Cardinals on the back burner if this comes true.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably not long. When he is on fire, he is on fire. His problem is that he doesn't allow himself to be on fire very often. In that clip, he made his move, got the ball, and shot it each time. He knew he was going to shoot the ball the second he started each move. He now needs to figure out how to take that mindset into actual games, and THAT is where his problem is.

Yeah there was no one on the court he could pass to. Wouldn't surprise me if he threw a pass at the camera man though.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope that everyone is right about Ayton. Wouldn't it be a god send for the Suns to finally have a big man with elite physical skills paired with elite basketball skills? Barkley and Amare sort of fit that bill. I would fully focus on the Suns and put the Cardinals on the back burner if this comes true.
With how the Cardinals season is going and the management/coaching staff they have in place, you should already be doing that :D

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns.com posted a training camp roster that is actually a slideshow. It has pics of everyone in uniform and lists what season it will be for them. Chandler is entering his 18th season, which is more than I thought. There are no surprises on there though. Darrell Arthur is not listed either. I know some places have him listed on our roster and there has been mentions of him a couple of times by McD but he will more than likely be bought out. Here is a link...

https://www.nba.com/suns/gallery/2018-19-phoenix-suns-training-camp-roster

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Somewhere I read Arthur has not been bought out yet, because his contract can actually be used in any potential trade for us.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's never particularly revealing and it will be on more than once but for those interested, the NBA TV channel will be showing the Phoenix Suns Team Preview this afternoon. It's on at 4:30 PM Pacific Time.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I hope Ayton has a lot of success but being better than Shaq is setting the bar way too high for him. Shaq dominated. It's a different game now. If he, Booker and JJ can get us deep into the playoffs from 2020 and on wards that is enough for me. Just get us respectable again. If we're suddenly as good as the KJ and Barkley team in Sir Charles' first year in the valley that would be unbelievable.