Phoenix @ NO/Oklahoma City - Game Thread - Back to Back - Apr 6, 2007 - 5:00 pm

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
big win for Atlanta keeping Milwaukee behind them - and Charlotte lost tonight.

and it looks like another half-assed game against a CBA team for us tonight, but I'll take the W any way we get them with the Spurs breathing down our neck.

huge game on Sunday - let's see us actually play well and take one on the road against a team with NBA-Caliber Starters on it - gotta take that one.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
This shouldn't have been a 9 point game and the starters shouldn't have been playing in the last minutes of the game...

Edit: 7 point game

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
0-10, ughh

We talk about Diaw all the time, I belive Raja has seriously regressed this season... I don't remember any clutch shots by him.

Raja Bell has one huge problem. He needs to play upset/with a chip on his shoulder to play his best.

Last year he played with that chip all year, because of how the team was left for dead when amare went out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since when are Kwame Brown and Smush Parker considered NBA-caliber players?

everything's relative considering the drek we played and struggled against tonight.

this hs been the thing that's really bothered me all year long with this team - we have caught a lion share of breaks facing teams not only without their superstar, but a lot of times, without their second best player as well and yet, it seems that we struggle more often than we should. I mean, it could be the whole "playing down to the level of your competition", but... eh, who knows.

i'm tired of trying to figure out this enigma of a team - especially the second half of the season, where save a few games, we've just looked completely uninspired. The proof will be in the pudding come the playoffs and until then, any discussion over how good this team can be or can they win a title just seems fruitless and pedantic (I don't know what this word means, but for some reason, I just wanted to type it).

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
to everyone,
what if nash joins another team (a power house contender) after his contract with phoenix expires? would you hate him?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
to everyone,
what if nash joins another team (a power house contender) after his contract with phoenix expires? would you hate him?

I think it's almost impossible to hate Steve Nash, he's too humble and likeable. I'd be disappointed if he left for another team unless he just wasn't playing at a high level anymore and wanted a ton of money (which would be un-Nash-like).

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
i will root for the team where nash plays..

almost triple double for nash..
nice..

Last edited:

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
I hope he retires a Sun, I really do. For the past few years Nash has been Phoenix, both the city and the basketball team.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since when are Kwame Brown and Smush Parker considered NBA-caliber players?

I'm tired of people banging on Kwame Brown....he is one of the best big-man defenders in the league. Any points he scores are gravy, but his D is huge for the Lakers, and his injury has really affected the team.

Smush is a crapface.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You're also the same guy who defends Mitch Kupchak's tenure as Lakers GM so forgive if I take your opinion with a mountain of salt. Kwame Brown is big and athletic but nothing else. Period.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're also the same guy who defends Mitch Kupchak's tenure as Lakers GM so forgive if I take your opinion with a mountain of salt. Kwame Brown is big and athletic but nothing else. Period.

Lakers without Kwame 47% win percentage.
Lakers with Kwame 57% win percentage.

Phil Jackson tends to disagree with you and that's more than good enough for me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers without Kwame 47% win percentage.
Lakers with Kwame 57% win percentage.

Phil Jackson tends to disagree with you and that's more than good enough for me.

I disagree that they are NOT NBA calibur players. However, neither one of them will EVER be a star. They are journeyman type guys.

PS Donald...I hate your avatar. Donald Sutherland is good actor but one of the biggest pricks in the industry. My brother's wife was an intern on a movie he did and he treats everybody like garbage.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS Donald...I hate your avatar. Donald Sutherland is good actor but one of the biggest pricks in the industry. My brother's wife was an intern on a movie he did and he treats everybody like garbage.

Sweet, I'm trying to cultivate an ***** image. :D

(that sucks...so many famous people are real pricks and it is sad.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison