Phoenix Mercury have shot at second title!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one on this board that finds this exciting! The Mercury have a legit shot at earning their second title. As a professional Arizona sports team that has won a championship, you would think more people in Arizona would be supportive. At this point, it's arguable they would have a shot at beating the Suns in an exhibition game. LOL! Go Mercury!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's awesome. I recently went to my first Mercury game and had a surprisingly awesome time.

I plan to take my daughter to some of the playoff games.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I'm excited about it too. I occasionally go to some games and did go to a Finals game the last time. I definitely plan on buying some playoff tix

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I just can't find the stomach to care about the WNBA.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
If Mercury win tonight they play the Sparks in the Western Conference Finals

Go Mercury!

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Tonight is Game 1 of the WNBA western Conference Finals between LA and Phoenix

Go Mercury!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I sure hope they can win another one! They look good so far. I feel bad for Lisa Leslie, but I'd rather have the Mercury win it all again. It's too bad we have championship level basketball in Phoenix and not enough people seem to care. Maybe they should scrimmage the Suns for charity after they win the title to garner up more interest?

Nasser22

Reaction score
That would be fun to see...

I watched the game last night. BIG win in LA. I was concerned at the start having the much smaller team, but things are looking good. Taurasi is so fun to watch

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! I'm excited for these ladies! I watched Game 1 of the WCF and realized they scored 100+ points while playing only 10-minute quarters. I'll be catching these Finals for sure!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I sure hope they can win another one! They look good so far. I feel bad for Lisa Leslie, but I'd rather have the Mercury win it all again. It's too bad we have championship level basketball in Phoenix and not enough people seem to care. Maybe they should scrimmage the Suns for charity after they win the title to garner up more interest?

womens basketball just isn't a good product - they can scrimmage anyone they want and it isn't going to help

there is a reason why most of these ladies have to play overseas to make a living at it

this isn't unique to phoenix though - the WNBA has been a great outlet for young girls and a nice marketing tool for the NBA while providing a decent summer diversion for basketball fans

I also think the playoff series are way to short to get any real "heat" going in them

either way, best of luck to them in the finals

Nasser22

Reaction score
It was very entertaining... Though it means very little, it is kind of nice to beat San Antonio and LA on the way to winning another championship with the old Suns style of play. Too bad it didn't work in the NBA. :-/ I may go to Game 5 if it goes that far. Through ASU I can get the tix at less than half price.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
just go to the box office and get them for free........

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/mercury/articles/2009/09/30/20090930spt-mercurytix.html

Following the lead of Suns' general manager Steve Kerr, head coach Alvin Gentry has purchased all the tickets in the upper deck and will make them available for free on a first-come, first-serve basis at the US Airways ticket office.

Fans can get up to eight tickets per person by mentioning Gentry's Gallery at the ticket office until 7 p.m. and on Thursday from 10 a.m. until tipoff, or while supplies last.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Watching the WNBA Finals is making me sick and not due to the product. WHY did Kerr destroy the Suns but manage to keep a winning product on the court for the Mercury?? The Mercury will have 2 more championships then the Suns in what 15 years compared to 41??? Ridiculous, maybe he should stick to womens hoops.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watching the WNBA Finals is making me sick and not due to the product. WHY did Kerr destroy the Suns but manage to keep a winning product on the court for the Mercury?? The Mercury will have 2 more championships then the Suns in what 15 years compared to 41??? Ridiculous, maybe he should stick to womens hoops.

Diana Turasi is one of the Top 5 players in the game, she's like a female Kobe, the Suns do not have a player like this on their roster. Plus I don't think Kerr is the GM for the Mercury.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
1-1, the sky is falling!!!! AAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHhHHHH!!!!! Come one Mercury!! Gotta win one in Indiana!!!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They played like crap yesterday. Hope we can take one in Indiana!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIM stop trolling in this thread, please.

Sorry. I went to Google News and was actually reading about the series and could not believe that. They might as well just have a postseason tourney like the women's NCAA. They'll never have "Next" until they play a man's game - rules, number of games in a series, etc.

Hope your team wins 3 out of 5...

I'm out.

BIM

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry. I went to Google News and was actually reading about the series and could not believe that. They might as well just have a postseason tourney like the women's NCAA. They'll never have "Next" until they play a man's game - rules, number of games in a series, etc.

Hope your team wins 3 out of 5...

I'm out.

BIM
I definitely understand your side of things, BIM. We've been around this block once or twice before ;)

And thanks, I hope they do win 3 out of 5.

Maybe someday it will be 7 games....

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope the Mercury can pull one out in Indiana. If I remember correctly, Larry Bird and a bunch of the Pacer players bought out the top sections of the arena to give away to fans. That place is gonna be rockin...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard