phoenix/detriot thread

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
i think the suns will pull this one out. amare vs. wallace will be fun to watch. i think the suns have too much for the pistons to handle. they play good defense, so we'll have to step it up. don't pull the hot players frank!!!!!!!

also, any chance we could leave a few players there and take ben wallace off their hands?:) i think he would be a great fit for the suns. we need boards and defense from the center spot!! we'll have the scoring(or will have it) eventually

suns 89

pistons 83

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Isn't tonight's game going to be on ESPN? If I remember correctly, ther Suns are undefeated on national TV, so I am going to say Suns 94- 86.

Any way we can take Cliffy back?:D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it would be nice to have someone like Ben Wallace, but I think someone like Brad Miller or Drobniak would be a better fit. They are big bodied, decent rebounders who can shoot the mid-range to outside shots well. That would go along ways towards opening up the middle for Amare Stoudemire, Stephon Marbury, and even Shawn Marion.

Joe Mama

If the Pistons run the zone against the Suns tonight for more than just a few minutes they (Detroit) will win. Otherwise I think Phoenix has a good chance.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I read an article where someone from the Pistons, either Dumars or maybe their coach, says that Wallace should merit MVP consideration. So I don't think they have any plans to trade him.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
I read an article where someone from the Pistons, either Dumars or maybe their coach, says that Wallace should merit MVP consideration. So I don't think they have any plans to trade him.

I'm sorry, but only someone smoking crack would seriously consider Wallace as an MVP candidate. Frankly I believe Kevin Garnett is a better defender, and KG hands out 4-5 assists per game, scores more than twice as many points, and is much more versatile on both ends of the court.

I don't really have a problem with Wallace as the Defensive Player of the Year, but I think MVP talk is just ridiculous.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Right, but if they feel that way about him -- even if they're smoking crack -- then they probably aren't trading him. That's all I meant.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Det wouldn't trade Wallace becouse his contract is to small. With the CBA they would not get his worth.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, but if they feel that way about him -- even if they're smoking crack -- then they probably aren't trading him. That's all I meant.

Oh, I'm sorry if my last post sounded like I was arguing your point. I agree completely. If they would let him go the Phoenix Suns wouldn't want to part with the players required to make a deal work.

Getting stuck with Grant Hill's contract has got to be bad enough for the Orlando Magic, but knowing that they also gave up Wallace in the deal must really kill them.

Joe Mama

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I wont make a prediction on this one since I seem to curse the Suns each time, but Im very interested in seeing if Wallace guards Amare.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Ben Wallace just said that Amare cant handle the next level. (IE: Facing Ben Wallace.)

Lets see. :thumbup:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game has started terribly for the Suns. Hardaway looks like crap early on.

Joe Mama

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The Suns are getting killed, again, early on.

I dont even know why I hope anymore.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Terrible start. No motion on offense at all. Stoudemire has let two defensive rebounds slip through his fingers, leading to four second-chance points for the Pistons. Execrable transition defense. No awareness of who (or where) the shooters are.

Even the first possession for the Suns was a joke. Williams got a dunk, but it was clearly a broken play -- or, I should say, a broken "no play," because nothing was happening until Marion almost turned it over. How can the team not have any idea what it wants to do on its very first possession of the game?

Really, really awful.

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
"EARLY ON"

It's ok. You'd expect Detriot to start out hot after their previous game. They have alot of confidence.

GO SUNS!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WastedFate
Ben Wallace just said that Amare cant handle the next level. (IE: Facing Ben Wallace.)

Lets see. :thumbup:

I honestly think Wallace's individual defense is quite overrated. He's a fantastic help defender and rebounder. If you remember last year Alton Ford had a nice game against Wallace. If the Pistons don't double on Amare Stoudemire I think he could score pretty easily against Wallace. Of course I will help if someone will give him the ball.

Joe Mama

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
They are looking a little better now. I just wish the Suns would hire a REAL ****ING COACH.

Amare with 2 fouls btw. Out he goes.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Cliff Robinson crying to the referees...

Aaah, the memories...

Yeah, but how about the three he drilled when he was wide open? You'd think someone affiliated with the Suns organization would also have remembered that Robinson can shoot from there, and maybe, you know, thought about defending him or something.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
It doesnt matter. Our coach is an idiot. Van Gundy, please?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I really like Voskuhl. Sure, he'll never be a star, and he makes mistakes, but he also does a lot of little things well. He shows what good coaching at the college level can do for a player.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I agree. I hope the Suns resign him in the offseason. Id even like to see him get a chance to start next year if they dont get another center. Give him 25-30mpg and Im pretty sure he'd show that he can produce. Maybe not offensively but he is a deffinantly a dirt worker.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I agree, I think Johnson is looking better all the time, and he's going to end up being a very good player.

If the Suns can continue to shoot 60%, they have a good chance.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Cliff Robinson crying to the referees...

Aaah, the memories...

That's funny. I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that scowl on his face.

Chap, try not to jinx Joe Johnson :)

We need him to play well. Did Hardaway reinsure his hand?

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree, I think Johnson is looking better all the time, and he's going to end up being a very good player.

I'm actually really liking how he moves along the baseline--his lateral movement is actually very good.