Philly looking to trade up for Ngata

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Per KFFL...interesting.

Eagles | Team trying to trade up in the NFL Draft?
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:39:08 -0700

Mark Eckel, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Philadelphia Eagles appear to be leaning to trading up in the NFL Draft. They currently sit in the No. 14 position. Their target appears to be Oregon DT Haloti Ngata. The 6-4, 340-pound Ngata would give the team a run-stuffing presence in the middle of the defensive line and could be a perfect complement to DT Mike Patterson.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Stout said:
Per KFFL...interesting.

Eagles | Team trying to trade up in the NFL Draft?
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:39:08 -0700

Mark Eckel, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Philadelphia Eagles appear to be leaning to trading up in the NFL Draft. They currently sit in the No. 14 position. Their target appears to be Oregon DT Haloti Ngata. The 6-4, 340-pound Ngata would give the team a run-stuffing presence in the middle of the defensive line and could be a perfect complement to DT Mike Patterson.

They would probobly be targeting Buffalo's pick MTL.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
WildBB said:

If they truly are looking to get Ngata, then I hope it's with the 49er's that they make the trade. It increases our chances for Davis.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
WildBB said:

I think Buffalo takes Broderick Bunkley before they take Ngata. They seem to be enamored with him and it looks like they have changed their philosophy to a quicker D then 2 big fatties up front like in the past.

IMO, Ngata falls to the Browns.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I think Buffalo takes Broderick Bunkley before they take Ngata. They seem to be enamored with him and it looks like they have changed their philosophy to a quicker D then 2 big fatties up front like in the past.

right on!! they will be playing a 3-4.....Ngata by the way can play well in both a 3-4 or a 4-3...just in case you are concerned if we land him!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:

Yep there was a blurb last week posted here that said Buffalo has decided Ngata isn't the fit for them.

we'll see, I kind of expect Ngata to slide as teams do more and more homework on him and wonder why he's just standing there so often during plays.

I just don't buy that the scheme at Oregon called for their most talented player on defense to routinely stand in the middle of the field and "hold his ground".

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardShark said:
If they truly are looking to get Ngata, then I hope it's with the 49er's that they make the trade. It increases our chances for Davis.

What he said!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz