Peter King Predicts 23-9 Loss To falcons

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with so many changes, a lot of injuries to key personnel and a QB we all believe more or less is a complete stiff, if this team somehow starts the season 2-0 after two straight roadies, I believe we're a lock to win the division again.

why? Anderson will probably get a little better as the season goes on... as will the O-line and our injured guys will likely get healthier, especially with the early bye week. Combine that with the fact that our division is dog **** and we have 8 of our last 14 at home and I think we're looking at all of us kiss Wiz's ass till it's down to the bone.

that being said... I think we lose on Sunday. But I think there's a chance.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
with so many changes, a lot of injuries to key personnel and a QB we all believe more or less is a complete stiff, if this team somehow starts the season 2-0 after two straight roadies, I believe we're a lock to win the division again.

why? Anderson will probably get a little better as the season goes on... as will the O-line and our injured guys will likely get healthier, especially with the early bye week. Combine that with the fact that our division is dog **** and we have 8 of our last 14 at home and I think we're looking at all of us kiss Wiz's ass till it's down to the bone.

that being said... I think we lose on Sunday. But I think there's a chance.

Posted this in another thread but it fits well with your post:

The key to this season in terms of record comes in a 5 game stretch, starting with Seattle at home in week 10. We then travel to KC, host the 9ers on the following Monday night, host the Rams and then host the Broncos.
In my preseason record prediction, I had all of these games as W's for the Cards. Yes - a 5 game winning stretch. The toughest games will likely be the away game in KC (particularly if KC continues to play well), and the Monday Nighter against the 9ers. But going 5 & 0 in this stretch is a distinct possibility and if they do, I see 9 wins easily and 10 as a very real potential!!

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are fairly pissed off at Pete King's predictions:

You must be registered for see images

JTS

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I didn't predict a score in my first reply here. But after hearing others opinions, and their reasoning, I gotta go with the Cards. If its close like I stated before, I now think about how DA was at his best in the fourth quarter against the Rams. If this battle is close, that defense( gotta love those guys) and believe it or not, DA is going to bring us home 2-0.
Cards take it 17 -14

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Falcons 6
Cardinals 3

This will be a repeat of the game in 2004; only the part of Josh McCown will be played by Derek Anderson and the Cards will fumble 3 times inside the 20 to lose the game.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Williams gets 100 yards recieving we win.If not we lose.Very close score.Ehat one stat in my mind will be game changer.
With all due respect, that seems like a strange stat for the game to hinge upon. Williams is the 3rd or 4th receiver, and since he's not really a slot guy may not always be on the field in 3 WR sets.

I agree that if he gets 100 yards it bodes very well for the Cards' chances, but I don't think it says much about them if he fails to hit the century mark.

If I were to pick an individual player's yardage stat that the game might turn on it's Fitz. If Anderson can find him for 100 and another TD, I like our chances. I'm assuming if DA/LF can do that, then there's going to be a lot more open all over the field for other guys, too. If they're off again, everything gets more difficult.

JMHO

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
With all due respect, that seems like a strange stat for the game to hinge upon. Williams is the 3rd or 4th receiver, and since he's not really a slot guy may not always be on the field in 3 WR sets.

I agree that if he gets 100 yards it bodes very well for the Cards' chances, but I don't think it says much about them if he fails to hit the century mark.

If I were to pick an individual player's yardage stat that the game might turn on it's Fitz. If Anderson can find him for 100 and another TD, I like our chances. I'm assuming if DA/LF can do that, then there's going to be a lot more open all over the field for other guys, too. If they're off again, everything gets more difficult.

JMHO
My reasoning is with Fitz only at 85% Williams as coach already said will be taking Fitz' spot on field(((IN SOME))) 3 WR sets.Yes in the 4 wide sets DA will have less time and hitting Williams for 20+ yards will be key in this game with Beanie sitting out another game.Yet DA had most+20 yard passes in league last week with 6 tying Broncos qb.

We'll need a career game from the Howler in screens and dump offs to get him free in space.I'm alreading(Expecting) Big Larry to get well over 100 in this game recieving as he will have worked hard all week to fix last weeks nightmare.

Once again back to Williams collecting 100+ yards will test DA's skills to the max and may result in miscomunications and possible interceptions trying to force the ball "away" from Larry as last week DA was starring down Fitz way too much in the game.Falcons DB's will eat him alive if he does that again.

Hope that explains myself a touch better boss.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard