Peter King on the DP show.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Did anyone happen to hear the Peter King interview this morning around 6:30?

He was asked what team he thought could make it to the top this year. I'm afraid to say his answer, but you get where I'm heading with this.

Said our defense will be tough and loves the vertical game with Palmer, Fitz and Co. This is the first I've heard ANY sort of crazy talk like this from National guys.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Peter King has crazy talk about the Cards all the time. Remember how Max Hall was going to be the next Kurt Warner? Remember how Ryan Lindley was going to join RG3 and Andrew Luck as the rookie starters from this class?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peter King has crazy talk about the Cards all the time. Remember how Max Hall was going to be the next Kurt Warner? Remember how Ryan Lindley was going to join RG3 and Andrew Luck as the rookie starters from this class?

Well, Lindley did start... ;)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I didnt hear the interview but I did read MMQB and he asked in my mind one of the brighter football minds, Andrew Brandt who hs been traveling to all the TCs for Sirius on who surprised him in a good way and he said "Arizona" and then King mentioned he heard others had said that as well. I'm sure someone will throw up the link shortly.

Peter King hasnt been to Az. Brandt has. Hes passing along second hand info. But lets keep referencing Lindley and Max Hall to validate why anything that comes out of his mouth is not credible. I'm sure Andrew Brandt once made a bad move while in the GB FO, thus anything he says cant be taken seriousy either.....

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Or how about Josh McCown being Bret Favre-like?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Or how about Josh McCown being Bret Favre-like?

How about touting Jake Plummer for the Heisman? Oh wait Danny Awful won that year so maybe King wasn't that far in left field after all.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I was going to say if the Cards were a stock you should all sell now that Peter King has praised us.

He has been consistent and consistently wrong, about us for years now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
\
Said our defense will be tough and loves the vertical game with Palmer, Fitz and Co. This is the first I've heard ANY sort of crazy talk like this from National guys.

FWIW, Skip Bayless (yes, him) said on First Take that the Cards would take a giant leap in the division while Seattle nose dives.

I've heard some other talking heads say, "don't sleep on the Cardinals," but the caveat of being a member of the NFC West is always cited.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I didnt hear the interview but I did read MMQB and he asked in my mind one of the brighter football minds, Andrew Brandt who hs been traveling to all the TCs for Sirius on who surprised him in a good way and he said "Arizona" and then King mentioned he heard others had said that as well. I'm sure someone will throw up the link shortly.

Peter King hasnt been to Az. Brandt has. Hes passing along second hand info. But lets keep referencing Lindley and Max Hall to validate why anything that comes out of his mouth is not credible. I'm sure Andrew Brandt once made a bad move while in the GB FO, thus anything he says cant be taken seriousy either.....

Brandt is in no fashion a talent evaluator or a "football mind." He's a slicker Rod Graves.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Unless you are referring to another quote, he referenced "Gil" Brandt in MMQB not Andrew.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We've got to be one of the most abused fan bases. We hate not being mentioned, not getting press, but when we do we immediately point out why he's an idiot. Then we wonder why no one talks about us. We're like that stray, mongrel dog who, every time you try to pet it, it just bites your hand and growls and gets all nasty, because it's not used to kindness.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
We've got to be one of the most abused fan bases. We hate not being mentioned, not getting press, but when we do we immediately point out why he's an idiot. Then we wonder why no one talks about us. We're like that stray, mongrel dog who, every time you try to pet it, it just bites your hand and growls and gets all nasty, because it's not used to kindness.

Conversely, when I posted a link to some negative Cardinal comments from Jason La Canfora, he wasn't exactly praised. :bang:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conversely, when I posted a link to some negative Cardinal comments from Jason La Canfora, he wasn't exactly praised. :bang:
Because he is a dope? But, when your team perpetually goes 5-11 and starts QB's like Max Hall and Ryan Lindley, who is really going to say nice things about it?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because he is a dope? But, when your team perpetually goes 5-11 and starts QB's like Max Hall and Ryan Lindley, who is really going to say nice things about it?

Did a google on Max 'Moxie' Hall.

Third string for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Mike Florio who was hosting the DP show today said if the cards were in the AFC East they would challenge the pats for the division but they might not make the playoffs because of the tough NFC West

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Mike Florio who was hosting the DP show today said if the cards were in the AFC East they would challenge the pats for the division but they might not make the playoffs because of the tough NFC West

Living in Miami I have said exact same thing. I think other then NFCW cards would be fav for no worse then 2nd in division other then mybe NFCS although I'd like them there too.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I heard the interview.. I don't think he was necessarily pimping the Cards for the Super Bowl or anything. The question originally asked was "Who has absolutely no chance at the playoffs?" After talking briefly about Okland not having much of a chance, his bigger point was that you can make an argument for just about anyone year over year because things change so quickly in the NFL. King said he thinks the Cards have made some good moves, has heard from others he respects that the Cards look really good in training camp, and that 3 teams in the top 7 of the 2012 draft made the playoffs (Indy, Minnesota, Washington) -- so if you can make a logical argument for Arizona (which he did), you can make a logical argument for just about anyone.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Unless you are referring to another quote, he referenced "Gil" Brandt in MMQB not Andrew.

You are correct sir! Knew i should have linked that. Thats even better. Doesnt get better then Gil Brandt.

I do like Andrew Brandt. EXCELLENT Twitter follow and part of the MMQB writing team, which is why I mixed them up in the first place.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct sir! Knew i should have linked that. Thats even better. Doesnt get better then Gil Brandt.

I do like Andrew Brandt. EXCELLENT Twitter follow and part of the MMQB writing team, which is why I mixed them up in the first place.

Agreed