Peter King - Cap'n Obvious

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
From his MMQ article today...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/23/mmqb.week3/4.html

Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

The Arizona Cardinals have devoted 13.6 percent of their salary cap to the quarterback position this year, with Matt Leinart ($8.1 on the cap) and Kurt Warner ($5.0 million) taking up $13.1 million.
The Colts' quarterback percentage of the cap: 11.6 percent, with Peyton Manning and Jim Sorgi combining for $9.1 million on the cap.
Gee, I wonder which team feels better about its quarterback situation and its quarterback/cap situation.

Well, no sh%t, Sherlock! I suppose you could have said that about 95% of the teams in the NFL, couldn't you?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Peyton and Matt both got injured, I wonder what team would feel better about its quarterback situation.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Factoid of the Week That May Interest Only Me

The Arizona Cardinals have devoted 13.6 percent of their salary cap to the quarterback position this year, with Matt Leinart ($8.1 on the cap) and Kurt Warner ($5.0 million) taking up $13.1 million.
The Colts' quarterback percentage of the cap: 11.6 percent, with Peyton Manning and Jim Sorgi combining for $9.1 million on the cap.
Gee, I wonder which team feels better about its quarterback situation and its quarterback cap situation.

Didn't know he knew Gee. Like minds...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was reading old SI's this morning while waiting for my girlfriend at the dentist.

AMong his predictions, Byron Leftwich was going to have a great season in Jax, they were finally going to get the player they thought they drafted.

And Drew Brees was going to be even better this season than last year, New Orleans offense looked scary good in the preseason.

OP
OP
nurnay

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
If Peyton and Matt both got injured, I wonder what team would feel better about its quarterback situation.

LOL, right after I posted this topic, I e-mailed King:

Who's more comfortable with their quarterback situation and its quarterback/cap situation? I'm sure the vast majority of NFL teams are in the same boat as the Cardinals, Peter. But who would you feel better playing should their #1 QB go down with injury? I'll take my chances with Warner, thank you.

Great minds think alike, eh? (or equally lame-o minds, I suppose). :)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was reading old SI's this morning while waiting for my girlfriend at the dentist.

AMong his predictions, Byron Leftwich was going to have a great season in Jax, they were finally going to get the player they thought they drafted.

And Drew Brees was going to be even better this season than last year, New Orleans offense looked scary good in the preseason.
I was reading that on the toilet the other day and laughing about it. My fiance came and knocked on the door to make sure everything was OK.:D

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score

Don't even joke about Matt getting hurt. I can't imagine what we'd do if we lose Warner's back-up.

;)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I cant take King seriously ever since he decided Wes Welker is a better WR than Boldin.

King's articles aren't even worthy of being used as toilet paper.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ick. This explains it all;

The Pompus Ass that is Peter King said:
I could watch the Frank Caliendo stuff about a hundred more times. He's funnier today than Belushi was 30 years ago. He's even got George Bush's facial expressions down pat. I mean, they're perfect.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Caliendo does great impressions, but how many times can you stomach watching them. yeesh

I'm not going to watch that show specifically because of all the ads that TBS ran. I'm sick of it already.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
they are nearly as annoying as the "This is Our Country" over-saturation campaign.

I remember TNT doing this same thing during the NBA playoffs. I really hope this kind of Marketing doesn't work...that would suck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard