Suns among teams interested in Eric Gordon

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Gordon must pass a physical with N.O. before the Suns full CAP space is restored. IMO, it should have all been all on N.O. if they matched. Here is part of an article written by Doug Haller at azcentral dated 7-14-12. See link below.

The Phoenix Suns and President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby released this statement Saturday afternoon:

"We have been notified that the New Orleans Hornets have matched our Offer Sheet with Eric Gordon, as is their right under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. While we are disappointed that Eric will not be a Sun at this time, we have no regrets in doing all that we could under the rules to bring him to Phoenix. Once Eric passes his physical in New Orleans, our full cap room will be restored and we will move forward in free agency. In the meantime, we are on track to pursue our plans."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...ort-hornets-match-suns-offer-eric-gordon.html

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
So Gordon must pass a physical with N.O. before the Suns full CAP space is restored. IMO, it should have all been all on N.O. if they matched. Here is part of an article written by Doug Haller at azcentral dated 7-14-12. See link below.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...ort-hornets-match-suns-offer-eric-gordon.html

hmm??
Salaries in contracts that have been agreed to but not yet executed (i.e., verbal agreements or agreements pending physicals). Note: During the July Moratorium (see question number 101), teams may not enter into verbal or written agreements. Therefore any agreements that are struck during the moratorium are still characterized as negotiations, and do not count as team salary.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So Gordon must pass a physical with N.O. before the Suns full CAP space is restored. IMO, it should have all been all on N.O. if they matched.

I agree, that doesn't make any sense. Now the Hornets can keep the Suns dangling in the wind for another several days while they take their sweet time getting the physical done.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree, that doesn't make any sense. Now the Hornets can keep the Suns dangling in the wind for another several days while they take their sweet time getting the physical done.
I'm just guessing that the Hornets have a limited amount of time to do the physical (24 hours?), but this matter is beyond even Coon's CBA FAQ.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Heard the Hornets can take up to 10 days to do Gordon's physical...

:/

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Heard the Hornets can take up to 10 days to do Gordon's physical...

:/

Where did you hear that, doesn't sound right at all. Physicals are usually given within 48 hours of a trade and I see no reason this would be different. I've never heard of a physical taking that long and it would completely defeat the purpose of shortening the window teams have to match.