Per Jurecki...(Horton's Jets TD decision and Dockett fined)

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
I never said "he was a little upset". I never said it wasn't a "major deal".

I'm saying the behavior was manifested due to a "perfect storm" of poor organizational performance. That doesn't excuse the behavior either.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dockett is the man, I agree with him, lindley cant even get a first down, dont lay down to give him a chance to throw a football to a lucky jets fan in the stands.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he spit on a teamate that's beyond being a little upset, in the old days that'd be 20 paces with dueling pistols for that crap.

It's a major deal, he's a little kid throwing a temper tantrum, men don't act like that.

And here's the thing. The team is responding by asserting its authority and showing him who's dominate. Typical male testosterone-filled reaction. (You guys do it here all the time.)

A woman would figure out how to use Dockett's, shall we say, unique personality to the team's advantage. You send him to his room for a while. Send in Dad to have a little talk about playing for the family (team) and not be so selfish. Kid feels bad for letting down the family (team).

And comes out having learned a lesson. Win win. Instead the team's fining him, he's having a tantrum over on Twitter, the team's focus is on the drama and we can all kiss the rest of the season goodbye.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Perhaps...maybe 50 years ago some team fell for this.

But, the logic is flawed from from it's inception; it assumes that the other team are idiots (insert Rex Ryan joke here) that do not realize what is going on, and that they will gleefully score without any knowledge of the consequences.

Shonn Greene taking a dive at the 1 yard line proves this point. If ever it was a viable strategy, the cat is out of the bag and everyone is aware of it now.

If it's all about the "last chance, albeit small, of tieing and possibly winning" then that bush-league crappola that Schiano pulled during the final moments of the Buc's game against the Giants is appropriate as well.

Perhaps if Horton had designed a nice blitz scheme/package specifically to try to force a fumble on the kneel down? I would be more behind that than laying my defense down to get the ball back, and I'm not behind it at all.

Just my two cents worth.

1. The Shonn Green laydown happened on the second play when the strategy was obvious. So, you prove nothing and are simply speculating that the "O" would have done the same on the first play with goal to go. I don't know that and you can't either.

2. Stripping the ball and getting one last chance is a "possibility". Getting the ball after a TD is a "certainty".

The bottom line is that the decision was not subject to a veto from DD.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And here's the thing. The team is responding by asserting its authority and showing him who's dominate. Typical male testosterone-filled reaction. (You guys do it here all the time.)

A woman would figure out how to use Dockett's, shall we say, unique personality to the team's advantage. You send him to his room for a while. Send in Dad to have a little talk about playing for the family (team) and not be so selfish. Kid feels bad for letting down the family (team).

And comes out having learned a lesson. Win win. Instead the team's fining him, he's having a tantrum over on Twitter, the team's focus is on the drama and we can all kiss the rest of the season goodbye.

Thanks Mom... ;)

Invariably, in your scenario, Mom shows up with milk and cookies after the conversation with Dad. But, after one leaves home you learn that actions have consequences beyond being sent to your room and Mom really didn't prepare you for that. A "painless" lesson is no lesson at all.

Last edited:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The Vegas line on this game was Jets -3 to Jets -4.5.

I don't mean to imply in any way that this had an effect on the game. But people that bet on this game ATS either made or lost money on that call.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
DARNELL DOCKETT‏@ddockett

Thank God for the @nflpa that's all I got to say... "I ain't got no worries"

That pretty much sums it up.

Another reason to love Unions. Let's protect those players from who don't want to be responsible for their own actions while trying negotiate more money and less authority over them. And people wonder why professional footballs players have so many issues with the law and finances. You have a Union that backs them by wiping their noses and covering for them like a parent in denial. Hold them accountable and maybe they will realize that actions have consequences and it is better to think BEFORE you act.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another reason to love Unions. Let's protect those players from who don't want to be responsible for their own actions while trying negotiate more money and less authority over them. And people wonder why professional footballs players have so many issues with the law and finances. You have a Union that backs them by wiping their noses and covering for them like a parent in denial. Hold them accountable and maybe they will realize that actions have consequences and it is better to think BEFORE you act.

:thumbup:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Uh, yeah...lets fine 200 friggin Gs to a dude that just wants to play defense. The spitting thing was the thing that bothered me, and that has since disappeared. This aint Darnell's fault, we should be able to score like the rest of the NFL teams can. Our defense gives us a better chance of scoring on each play, DD knows that and he wants to win the damn game. Tired of this stuff, basically asking our players to cash it in because our offense suck ass. Make Whiz accountable if it's like that.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks Mom... ;)

You're welcome. I knew a post about male testosterone would be deeply appreciated here. :)

And that there would be a lengthy consideration (especially by you..... for some odd reason) of the value of approaching the game and its players without that whole testosterone-y thing messing things up. Hmm... I guess best to give the under-testosteroned a pat on the head and told what they'd do next. How's that 4 and 8, with a very unhappy key player, working out for you?

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
New GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM - He or she will make the decision on whiz and staff- Mike Miller should have never been promoted from the never should have been Pass game Coordinator position. Russ Grimm is making big bucks - and should be the
OC No if ands or butts about it- He can move this offense from point A - to point B against a defenses and Whiz's will-

Skelton is starting but has not been developed appropriately - Mcnulty has failed 1 year - but Chris miller failed before- and Mike Miller is still the worse OC in the NFL - Whiz chose this!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, yeah...lets fine 200 friggin Gs to a dude that just wants to play defense. The spitting thing was the thing that bothered me, and that has since disappeared. This aint Darnell's fault, we should be able to score like the rest of the NFL teams can.

I kinda think the spitting thing happened and has just been swept under the rug. a 200K fine is outrageous and seems like something that would happen not only after insubordination, but doing something even worse... like spitting on your own teammate.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I kinda think the spitting thing happened and has just been swept under the rug. a 200K fine is outrageous and seems like something that would happen not only after insubordination, but doing something even worse... like spitting on your own teammate.
Yup we will never know some things, but the fact that we are discussing defense right now makes me feel like Whiz is robbing the candy store, and blaming it on the tattooed guy. If we had a chance of scoring on offense, I could kind of get it. But we couldn't, not even when our defense gave us the ball in the redzone.