Per Jurecki...(Horton's Jets TD decision and Dockett fined)

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Cards DC Ray Horton ordered the code red, he asked Whiz to let the Jets score.

Looks like we know who should be the head coach moving forward. Glad to hear one of our coaches has guts. Love Ray-Ray!!!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't get where you find the guts in the whole thing with a defense saying let's let them score so maybe the offense can find a way to score without the defense involved. Horton had some faith there of Biblical proportions to think this offense could score but hardly guts. Now, calling a fake punt on your side of the field in a close game because no offense is moving the ball...that was gutsy :)

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
FWIW, many media outlets are floating Horton's name to be prime candidate for NFL jobs opening up in the off-season. Even Cowherd was talking about him this morning.

Please, FTLOG, Fire Whis and keep him!

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
My biggest problem with this is that we gave up. The Jets DIDN'T score. Shonn Greene layed down at the 1 and we never got another shot to even get the ball. The plan FAILED. Dockett saw it going like this, refused to give up, tried to do whatever he could to strip the ball, and we just layed down right next to the spot Shonn Greene did.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think we should have picked up a mediocre vet when our mediocre vet went down earlier in the season and it would not have mattered with a three score lead on the Jets :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So then Dockett was rebelling against Horton, not Whis...

But...but...but...Whis has lost the team and is letting the wheels fall off....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If we want it to happen..... The opposite is bound to happen.

OP
OP
Lagerfilled

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
No, it wasn't questionable at all. You let the Jets score and you're down by 8 with a kickoff upcoming and 1:30 or so on the clock to drive for a TD and 2pt conversion. Very unrealistic to think the offense would do anything, but at least we'd have the fate in our own hands. Not allowing the Jets to score resulted in them kneeling twice and we never saw the ball again.

My point was that Whis has no guts and no sense of urgency late in games when we're behind. At least letting them score would've meant a CHANCE. You have NO chance if the Jets kneel to kill the clock. That was my point. Go back and look at SB32 when the Packers let the Broncos score late in the game. It gave them one last shot at a touchdown to tie or even win the game.

Simply allowing the other team to kneel is GIVING UP especially when you had another option in a one possession game. Easy to say in hindsight of course.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, it wasn't questionable at all. You let the Jets score and you're down by 8 with a kickoff upcoming and 1:30 or so on the clock to drive for a TD and 2pt conversion. Very unrealistic to think the offense would do anything, but at least we'd have the fate in our own hands. Not allowing the Jets to score resulted in them kneeling twice and we never saw the ball again.

My point was that Whis has no guts and no sense of urgency late in games when we're behind. At least letting them score would've meant a CHANCE. You have NO chance if the Jets kneel to kill the clock. That was my point. Go back and look at SB32 when the Packers let the Broncos score late in the game. It gave them one last shot at a touchdown to tie or even win the game.

Simply allowing the other team to kneel is GIVING UP especially when you had another option in a one possession game. Easy to say in hindsight of course.
Well stated.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They probably would have gone for 2, made it and led by 9 anyways.

:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No,
it wasn't questionable at all.
You let the Jets score and you're down by 8 with a kickoff upcoming and 1:30 or so on the clock to drive for a TD and 2pt conversion. Very unrealistic to think the offense would do anything, but at least we'd have the fate in our own hands. Not allowing the Jets to score resulted in them kneeling twice and we never saw the ball again.

I'd have to say it was nuts. 6 turnovers vs Atlanta bring nothing. 3 turnovers vs the Jets bring nothing. Like others have said what coach in his right mind would think our offense could take advantage of a quick Jets score?

I guess you just can't give up hope no matter the situation. But with the Cards offense its like the hope you have when you buy a lottery ticket or put a quarter in a progressive slot machine.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
I’m hearing that Darnell Dockett has been fined six figures from the Cardinals organization, & could have a limited role vs. Seattle.

That's a hefty fine.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But...but...but...Whis has lost the team and is letting the wheels fall off....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whisenhunt had to approve it so DD was actually disobeying both coaches. I don't know if Whisenhunt has lost the team, nobody does, but the wheels have most certainly fell of this years team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki
I’m hearing that Darnell Dockett has been fined six figures from the Cardinals organization, & could have a limited role vs. Seattle.
That's a hefty fine.

Which means the Cards will have an even more limited chance of winning Sunday.

Oh sorry PA Cards fan didn't mean to post something negative that might make you have to rush to your keyboard and make excuses for the Cardinals. I know carrying around that Huge Excuse Book has to be hard for you at your age.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which means the Cards will have an even more limited chance of winning Sunday.

Oh sorry PA Cards fan didn't mean to post something negative that might make you have to rush to your keyboard and make excuses for the Cardinals. I know carrying around that Huge Excuse Book has to be hard for you at your age.

I wonder if they sell it next to the snide comment book. Do you know, I would like to pick up one of each. I really hope they come in paperback. ;)

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
per Jurecki on today's show, Dockett was fined a 100k and won't start Sunday. He didn't say why the team fined him.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I wonder if they sell it next to the snide comment book. Do you know, I would like to pick up one of each. I really hope they come in paperback. ;)

They sell a lot faster during one of the Cards annual losing streaks. But even in paperback the Excuse Book is really heavy. Of course the snide comment book is only available in Canada.

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The fine is the organizations way of supporting horton and letting the players know hes the guy.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lager, Sorry, I edited your thread title so we don't spawn other threads on the same topic.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
No, it wasn't questionable at all. You let the Jets score and you're down by 8 with a kickoff upcoming and 1:30 or so on the clock to drive for a TD and 2pt conversion.

Our offense is terrible - do you really think they would be able to move the ball, score and get a 2 pt conversion? That's crazy, lol

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
@kentsomers: So let me get this straight. Player ignores coach order. Starts fight with teammate. And some of you think that ok? Wow