Pelicans @ Suns Sunday game thread 4-7-2024

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
yup - no excuses - although i do wish we'd matched their small ball with our small ball - especially with beal already covering zion - and especially especially with the way nurk and drewbanks were outmatched but props to willie green for continuing to adjust until he found something

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
pelicans remaining schedule - we may have the tie breaker but we still may have to win out

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pelicans remaining schedule - we may have the tie breaker but we still may have to win out

You must be registered for see images attach
That team is a lot like us… very inconsistent, can win any given night or lose, no matter the opponent. My guess is they go 2-2 or 3-1 with that stretch.

A shame we couldn’t win today though. That would’ve buried them for the 6 seed, putting us up 3 games with the tiebreaker against them.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Allen doing his best JJ Reddick impression… money with the 3… except when the team needs it most.
I now believe it's mental. His shots earlier in the game was pure beaty, but he'd suddenly lose the touch and thus confidence after 2 open misses, as if shellshock. This happened several times already and once for a stretch for several games.
The loss is mainly on Vogel with his bad rotation adjustments. When CJ nailed his first 2-3 3pts, you'd know he felt it today, yet Book and Allen rarely acknowledged that. Zion was feeling it, both with drives on O and body-up and shot-blocking attempts on D, from early. We on TV already foresaw those blocks from behind but our players never felt need to anticipate and prepare for that. RO was very effective with his defense but was pulled too early in the 4th for shellshock Allen. Vogel always insists on finishing the game with his starters without adapting to game evolution.
Nurk was really bad with his paint plays in the 2nd qrt that caused Pels' 12-0 run within like 5-6 rounds. Vogel should've pulled him earlier. Beal missed nothing from the start, yet he only had more chance to shine late when Book and KD both sat. And then they wanted to exploit it more but ended up with several TOs, maybe due to some fatique. We were in the game partially due to refs stopping Pels from nasty bodying up KD and Book on perimeter. We never put a guy on their hot hand stars, to deny passes etc. Zion was like on some smoke. Put a body clued to him. CJ was shooting like crazy. Put a body on him. Just like most teams do to our KD and Book. How hard is it!

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
All in all, they wanted the game more. They ripped away several rebounds that were already in our hands. Zion was like monster trying to block every shot.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Wherever I get enthusiastic about the Suns chances of winning it all this year, I need to remind myself that Frank Vogel is a time bomb of stupidity and it's only a matter of time until he bleeps us over no matter how well the team may be playing otherwise.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching this. I mean, there was a rough stretch in the 2nd but for the most part I thought it was competitive……..that is considering the bench scored 7 freaking points all freaking night. That cannot happen in the NBA. PERIOD.

I think if the bench shows up we win.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tough loss. I think they have to run the table now to avoid the play in. Hard to imagine that scenario. If they can avoid having to be the 9th or 10th seed and win two consecutive games I think that’s the win at this point.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wherever I get enthusiastic about the Suns chances of winning it all this year, I need to remind myself that Frank Vogel is a time bomb of stupidity and it's only a matter of time until he bleeps us over no matter how well the team may be playing otherwise.

I've given up. I'd rather they surprise me than be frustrated anymore this season. They have a lot of work to do this off-season.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Pelican bench played 82 minutes and scored 34 points.
Suns bench played 56 minutes with only 7 points scored.

Frank could have thought this out more and put in a
bench sub to take a stand to draw charging fouls with
the wide body Zion driving down to stuff a bucket.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
An afternoon game two days before the end of Ramadan is a tough one for Nurkic.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
we knew their backs were against the play-in + we embarrassed them the last 3 games yet everyone (not named bradley beal) still couldn't match their intensity

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard