What needs remain in Free Agency and what can we afford?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MVS is probably the best fit for FA WRs. He is the most vertical player on the market and long speed from the outside isn't really on our roster outside of MHJ.
I think we can dream, but I think after watching last off-season, the Cardinals are likely done adding significant contributors.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next off-season.
I see. I thought that too. In fact, I would have bet my house he would have been gone this year before last one started.

Now I can see him getting an extension to stay 3-4 years more than I can see him being gone after next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I see. I thought that too. In fact, I would have bet my house he would have been gone this year before last one started.

Now I can see him getting an extension to stay 3-4 years more than I can see him being gone after next year.
It's not out of the realm of possibilities.

I could also see Budda sticking around as well. Conner and Budda are both leaders and are both beloved players at this point.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Prater single-handedly saved the tank?

How dare you
If Prater doesn't miss, and we draft what, 7? Fans would have gone nuclear when Monti trades down again...

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
After Prater single-handedly saved the tank?

How dare you
he's gonna be 40 in august

sounds like most folks in here think we're winning 8 or 9 games this year - but if we suck at field goals it'll wreck the whole thing

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cardinals have a higher opinion of Dortch and Wilson than the fans do.
Yes. That is why Greg Dortch say a total of 45 offensive snaps before Hollywood Brown went down last year. Even then, he played more than 82% of the offensive snaps once.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. That is why Greg Dortch say a total of 45 offensive snaps before Hollywood Brown went down last year. Even then, he played more than 82% of the offensive snaps once.

I don't know. I saw an interview with MHJr and he said "I'm excited to work with great receivers like Michael Wilson and Greg Dortch".

MHJr called Dortch "Great". :thumbup:

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
What happens to a leg between ages 39 and 40 that was pounding FGs at 50 yards plus?
how many active kickers are currently in the nfl age 40 and over? (none) and we better hope that hip holds up

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Right... because he was the #4 WR behind Rondale Moore.

I think that further bolsters the idea that the Cardinals didn't need to use more draft capital on a guy who is likely to sit on the bench behind Greg Dortch.

Dortch is fine as a #4 target, which is what he'll be in the Cardinals offense.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right... because he was the #4 WR behind Rondale Moore.

I think that further bolsters the idea that the Cardinals didn't need to use more draft capital on a guy who is likely to sit on the bench behind Greg Dortch.

Dortch is fine as a #4 target, which is what he'll be in the Cardinals offense.
Most know I'm not the biggest Dortch fan, but now that he can focus in being a WR first, hopefully he'll work on the little things this off season and become a better blocker and route runner. I'm willing to see what step he can take this year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't anticipate us bringing in a WR. Wilson is the 2 and was drafted with enough capital and showed enough promise for it to stay that way. We already signed Moore and he'll compete to be the #4. Just drafted a guy in Tejuan Palmer and signed a UDFA in Xavier Weaver to compete with Baccellia, Arias, and Davis to compete for #5, and I don't see us keeping more than 5.

I'm not quite sure why people are so eager to show our 6th round draft pick the door two days after we picked him, but that would likely be the case if we add another wideout.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As far as Conner goes, I'm not extending him. He'll be 30 by the 2025 season and is about to hit the wall most RBs do... I'm not against giving him a one year deal if he looks great this year, but let's not tie up long term money in a guy whose presumable replacement is on the roster, especially when we can get someone younger and better on likely a cheaper deal next offseason... or just continue with DeeJay Dallas who we have on a three year deal.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Most know I'm not the biggest Dortch fan, but now that he can focus in being a WR first, hopefully he'll work on the little things this off season and become a better blocker and route runner. I'm willing to see what step he can take this year.
I'm not a huge Dortch guy. I'm kind of agnostic on him really.

But I think that it's obvious that they aren't going to bring in anyone else and the target pecking order is probably:

1) Harrison 2) McBride 3) Wilson 4) Dortch and the followed closely by Conner, Higgins, Carter, etc.

What's crazy was how bad Hollywood was..he had more targets than McBride but his success rate was putrid.

McBride might get over 100 catches next year, I think that achievable.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort