Peacock becomes home of first-ever exclusive live streamed NFL playoff game

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a customer of DirectTV since 1998, Sunday Ticket being the prime reason. I even bought my house with a clear line of sight to a sate in mind!.

This year I doubt I’m going to pay for the NFL on YouTube.

First of all, the Cardinals have been awful to watch for two years, not sure I want to pay to watch a team who lets its best players walk and appear to be increasingly dysfunctional. (I’m horrified to think that Murray is going to be a bust)

Second of all, with DirectTV, you could record the games in advance, start watching it about 1 1/2 hours after start time, and never have to watch a single commercial(excluding those insidious ones shown on the screen during play, god I hate those). The 30 skip button is the greatest invention since the dishwasher)
With the new format, not sure one could do that.

Now it seams the league is fragmenting its games further to maximize profits. Watching Amazon Prime games was inconvenient for me.

I may sit this season out, and I’ve been a fan since the 1970s.
That's the ONLY thing I miss about DirecTV. I hated the having to play the "I am going to cancel" game with them year after year. I joined DIRECTV from year one. They didn't care how long I had been a customer. Not until I threatened to cancel. I just don't miss it. I do miss the recording option though. Once I hopped to streaming which saved me a ton my only avenue was TIVO at the time. They were extremely limited in their offerings though. Not even sure if you can skip like you used to or if they have all the major services now.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Offer pay per view prices to hear every player mic’d up.
Boo yah goes the dynamite.
Nascar had this for a while. IDK, if they still do it. I went to a bar in Yuma when that was going on, and they had different areas where you could listen to the car of your choice while watching the race.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been a customer of DirectTV since 1998, Sunday Ticket being the prime reason. I even bought my house with a clear line of sight to a satellite in mind!.

This year I doubt I’m going to pay for the NFL on YouTube.

First of all, the Cardinals have been awful to watch for two years, not sure I want to pay to watch a team who lets its best players walk and appear to be increasingly dysfunctional. (I’m horrified to think that Murray is going to be a bust)

Second of all, with DirectTV, you could record the games in advance, start watching it about 1 1/2 hours after start time, and never have to watch a single commercial(excluding those insidious ones shown on the screen during play, god I hate those). The 30 skip button is the greatest invention since the dishwasher)
With the new format, not sure one could do that.

Now it seems the league is fragmenting its games further to maximize profits. Watching Amazon Prime games was inconvenient for me.

I may sit this season out, and I’ve been a fan since the 1970s.
Also a customer since 1998 and couldn’t agree more. Still undecided as to what I will do for the upcoming season but getting tired of it. Fan since 1967.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Peacock has some free programming. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this broadcast offered free but include lots of promo commercials for Peacocks regular programming. At least Cards’ fans won’t miss a Cards’ game.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I don't like DTV

It's very expensive, their tiers are goofy to where summer of the stuff I'd like to watch is an extra charge and some things don't exist at all

I don't watch a ton of TV - or at least not a wide variety

Basically sports and a handful of shows and show types

A few years ago I did a spreadsheet of all streaming options and from a channel standpoint pretty much everyone was better

I had concerns at that time about DVR/recording and live sports/local channels

The price was like 1/2 though

Streaming cost has come up, but so has the technology

DTV kept me with the free ticket - now this doesn't exist

I'm comfortable with their delivery since I've used it for decades

I'm just not sure what I'm paying around $120/month for........

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

:barf:

This is about the dumbest thing possible for the NFL to do. Way to throw player safety out the window, absolutely take a giant dump on the fans, and prove that you don't give a damn about anything but the bottom line, NFL. Oh, and that you're content to go down on Bezos. Flipping morons.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
:barf:

This is about the dumbest thing possible for the NFL to do. Way to throw player safety out the window, absolutely take a giant dump on the fans, and prove that you don't give a damn about anything but the bottom line, NFL. Oh, and that you're content to go down on Bezos. Flipping morons.
I don't understand what flexing games has to due with player safety. I thought it was that games were played on Thursdays was the issue??? I think if they going to have games on Thursday night, it might as well be a game people want to see.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't understand what flexing games has to due with player safety. I thought it was that games were played on Thursdays was the issue??? I think if they going to have games on Thursday night, it might as well be a game people want to see.
If you flex a Thursday game, it means two teams will now be playing on Thursday that weren't before, which is a huuuge switch up. Granted, I didn't get a chance to read the post with the restrictions on flexing, which will mitigate that a lot (with there needing to be a big notice period). I was thinking it was "Hey, guess what, this week you're playing Thursday rather than Sunday."

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you flex a Thursday game, it means two teams will now be playing on Thursday that weren't before, which is a huuuge switch up. Granted, I didn't get a chance to read the post with the restrictions on flexing, which will mitigate that a lot (with there needing to be a big notice period). I was thinking it was "Hey, guess what, this week you're playing Thursday rather than Sunday."
28 days advance notice is big

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Like I said, I didn't have that info when I posted. Still don't like it but it alleviates the safety bit some. It still craps all over the fans.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I generally agree except during the world cup. Thats wire to wire awesome
Meh I find soccer across the board boring. You could start most games, take a two hour nap, wake up and ask your buddy what happened and he'd say they kicked the ball back and forth with three almost goals, and you'd miss nothing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s actually pretty accurate ;)
Soccer = as exciting as watching paint dry.

World Cup not excluded.

I find it fascinating how many people "care" about soccer during the World Cup who normally don't give a rats.

It's the "world's sport" only because of ease of play and familiarity. Easily the most boring major sport.

Stout

Reaction score
Soccer = as exciting as watching paint dry.

World Cup not excluded.

I find it fascinating how many people "care" about soccer during the World Cup who normally don't give a rats.

It's the "world's sport" only because of ease of play and familiarity. Easily the most boring major sport.
Way more exciting than American football, tbh.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Like it or not, cable is slowly dying.

I'm fine with cable dying.
I thought this a couple years ago when the streaming stuff was relatively new. Now, with the prices rising for these subscriptions and the sheer amount of subscriptions needed.... Cable may benefit. Then again, I am one of those who still has Cox and will forever.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Newcastle United, through thick and thin. Newly minted Champions League participants, too. You?
In the prem, Fulham, Since the McBride/Dempsey days. Dortmund is my club, but for the most part I like following the Americans in Europe. Leeds was fun to watch for a little bit this year until Adams went down for the year.