Paul: All-Star; no Book

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope these guys all boycott the All-Star game because it's being played in bad faith. The players were told at the beginning of the season that because of the quick turnaround, they'd have an "all-star" weekend (5-10 days) totally off to recuperate before the second half.

still... Booker should be there over Zion. And give me a break on Derozan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's ridiculous if Booker isn't the replacement. We're... I can't believe I get to type this... one of the best teams in the league and since a somewhat slow start, he has been flat out Danger-Will-Robinson for opposing defenses the last 15 games or so. He's made buzzer beaters to win on the road, come up HUGE in showdown games against the Sixers and Dame.

Zion is a high flying scoring machine... averaging the same amount of points as Booker and 2 rebounds more... as a PF, on a woefully mediocre team. He didn't deserve to get in over Book. That's a flat out snub.

The knock on Devin Booker is he needed to win and guess what... the Suns are winning.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope these guys all boycott the All-Star game because it's being played in bad faith. The players were told at the beginning of the season that because of the quick turnaround, they'd have an "all-star" weekend (5-10 days) totally off to recuperate before the second half.

If Derozan gets in over Booker that will be unforgivable. Ingram, SGA, Fox, Conley and probably even Morant deserve the spot over him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping he'd make it but I'm not surprised he didn't. He's certainly played like an All Star since he returned from his brief absence but he was nothing like the old Book prior to that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why do you think Booker should be there over Zion? Have you seen his stats? He is clearly having the better season. No he's not on as a good a team - but he is a frontcourt player, and people argued the last two years Booker should be on the team despite our record - so I don't think you get to have it both ways.

Zion is a top 5 player in terms of fan interest and gets top 5 marketing, that is going to out weigh the Suns record every time.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I see Demarr is trending on twitter and not Booker. That's not a good sign since I think the commissioner is most interested in making the most fans happy, and not in who deserves it the most.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you think Booker should be there over Zion? Have you seen his stats? He is clearly having the better season. No he's not on as a good a team - but he is a frontcourt player, and people argued the last two years Booker should be on the team despite our record - so I don't think you get to have it both ways.

Zion is a top 5 player in terms of fan interest and gets top 5 marketing, that is going to out weigh the Suns record every time.

I never argued Booker should be there before this season so I’m not having it both ways. But for all of Zion’s flash, he’s an atrocious defender and a flat out bad rebounder as a front court player and his team, which has A LOT of talent on it is a total disappointment.

meanwhile Book is having a great season at 25/4/4, shooting 50/38/84 with his team being one of the biggest stories of the season.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm hoping Devin gets in as a reserve if someone doesn't participate. It would be awesome to have two Suns as All-Stars.
He’s getting a lot of love as a snub. I suspect he’ll get the Brow’s injury slot.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
it's ridiculous if Booker isn't the replacement. We're... I can't believe I get to type this... one of the best teams in the league and since a somewhat slow start, he has been flat out Danger-Will-Robinson for opposing defenses the last 15 games or so. He's made buzzer beaters to win on the road, come up HUGE in showdown games against the Sixers and Dame.

Zion is a high flying scoring machine... averaging the same amount of points as Booker and 2 rebounds more... as a PF, on a woefully mediocre team. He didn't deserve to get in over Book. That's a flat out snub.
Agreed. Zion over book is the nba’s marketing machine. That Pels team was being touted last year as a playof threat and fell apart in the bubble and has underachieved this year as well. Zion doesn’t belong.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I never argued book should make it despite our record. I was happy he was an injury replacement, but I didn’t think he was owed it. Now that he’s one of two key pieces on a surging contender he deserves it. Zion hasn’t materially impacted the Pels from a win/loss perspective. .400, .410, 430 - that’s 2018, 2019, and this season thus far.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
LOL does this guarantee Silver will pick him as AD's replacement?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Well, I see Demarr is trending on twitter and not Booker. That's not a good sign since I think the commissioner is most interested in making the most fans happy, and not in who deserves it the most.

DeRozan is averaging 19.8 pts a game. Get out of here w that trending B.S. lol. No way he gets in over Book.

Conoly is averaging 16.4 and 5.6 come on. Book is a lock to replace AD.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard