Patriots at Cardinals gameday thread 12-12-22

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Matt Patricia insists he’s “all good” with Vance Joseph after Joseph’s pregame comments

Cardinals defensive coordinator Vance Joseph found Matt Patricia during postgame handshakes Monday night. Joseph did most of the talking, and while it’s unknown exactly what was said, it did appear he told Patricia his pregame comments about Patricia’s play calling were “nothing personal.”

Joseph said last week that New England’s offensive approach is “like a defensive guy is calling offense.”

Patricia spent six seasons as the Patriots’ defensive coordinator, left to become head coach of the Lions and returned to New England on the offensive side of the ball. He is in his first year calling offensive plays, though Patricia does not have the offensive coordinator title.

While Bill Belichick appeared perturbed at Joseph’s observation, Patricia insisted Tuesday that he did not take offense.

“I’ve known Vance a long time. Very competitive guy and has been in the league a long time,” Patricia said, via Darren Hartwell of NBC Sports Boston. “Vance is great, and he was coming up to make sure I knew everything was great.

“I think all that got kind of maybe pushed out of perspective a bit. So, all good.”

Real rookie mistake by VJ

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave they are winning in the second half against Minnesota as well. I think there is at least another game but I haven’t gone back to look yet.
Ahh, true & i edited my original reply. They did lead the Vikings for a few minutes in the 2nd half.

I just remember that the Cardinals went into the 4th quarter of the 4th game without having the lead at any point... and only led two games at halftime all year. And in two of their wins, they trailed at halftime. So, among all their problems, blowing 2nd half leads seems pretty far down the list!

...dave

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's no excuse to keep Keim, but with Murray out now, these last 4 games could actually save Kliff's job. It all depends on how the offense responds. I'm not saying it should save his job, but it could save it, if the offense performance well and and adapts.
I agree Ron—excellent point. Kliff does have an opportunity to prove himself these last four weeks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am really starting to question McBride's heart in playing the game, especially after seeing him in Conner's TD run. You can see that he just walked away and looked while Conner was pushing for the endzone and was tackled by 4 defenders. In the video below you can get a closer look from 0:27' to 0:31', McBride just side-pushed a Patriots' DB who was not even engaging in the pile, jumped sideways, and walked away, while looking at other Linemen (especially Ford and Garcia, who are no world beater either) keeping pushing the pile. Seems like a voice "hell no, I don't want any part of these" played in his mind.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Lol that all happened too quickly for McBride to see what’s happening and make a decision like that.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe Kliff ran a designed run for Colt McCoy. I can absolutely believe that Colt got concussed on the play, because it was a moronic move.
I can't believe that you posted this in the New England game day thread and not the Broncos one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose