Patriots at Cardinals gameday thread 12-12-22

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am really starting to question McBride's heart in playing the game, especially after seeing him in Conner's TD run. You can see that he just walked away and looked while Conner was pushing for the endzone and was tackled by 4 defenders. In the video below you can get a closer look from 0:27' to 0:31', McBride just side-pushed a Patriots' DB who was not even engaging in the pile, jumped sideways, and walked away, while looking at other Linemen (especially Ford and Garcia, who are no world beater either) keeping pushing the pile. Seems like a voice "hell no, I don't want any part of these" played in his mind.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He is Brandon Williams, Andy Isabella tier bad. We just don't notice him because he is invisible.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You guys think it is size related I think it is exactly opposite. Murray constantly weight trains and focuses on bulk, not flexibility. All of his injury issues are soft tissue.
I agree with the soft tissue injury statement. But the reason behind all that is his small frame made him focus too much on bulking and adding weights to absorb the hit impact.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN analysts are now saying something’s gotta give with this organization and changes need to be made. Good to see this ballooning to a national level. Bidwill needs to face pressure to clean house.
This is good news for us fans

Embarrass us on national TV and MB has to make changes

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they bring in a retread starter that gets released this off season. Wentz, Davis Mills ( you know Houston is drafting a QB ), Matt Ryan, Jacoby Brissett... someone like that. They will wait to see how Kyler heals and recovers, before drafting another QB to replace him.
More than likely what the scenario will be

Depends a lot on if they get rid of SK

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. My son, daughter and I all tested positive. Had to run to the doctors office right before the game because my little girl was sick. Let my son watch the game on my phone while at the office and he gasped when Kyler got hurt. ****** night for us all.

I find therapy in humor, so I will blame Kliff Kingsbury for our Covid because it makes me feel better
Sorry to hear that

Take care of your family

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Colt McCoy: Kyler Murray injury unfortunate, I’ll focus on finishing strong

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray likely tore his ACL early in Monday night’s loss to the Patriots and that leaves Colt McCoy in position to start for the rest of the season.

McCoy wasn’t able to rally the team to a win while going 27-of-40 for 246 yards and an interception, but said he felt prepared to play despite limited work with the first team heading into the game. He started two games when Murray was injured earlier this year and outlined his view of what he will have to do the rest of the way during a postgame press conference.

“I don’t think I have anything to prove. I think I’ve just got to go out there and play good football. Distribute the ball, keep us in third and manageable situations, and score touchdowns in the red zone. . . . As a group we have to buckle down and play well together, practice well together, and finish these last four games out,” McCoy said. “That will be my focus. It sucks for Kyler. We’ve been together for two years. We’ve been together every day. I don’t ever want to see anything like that happen. I know how much he cares about the game, I know how hard he works. It’s just unfortunate. I think I’ll be able to put my arm around him with this because I’ve dealt with many in my career.”

McCoy has been in the NFL for more than a decade and he’s been a backup for almost all of that time, so it’s unlikely that these four games will be the springboard to a starting job. That should make it easier to keep the focus on the immediate future before what should be an interesting offseason in Arizona.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tonight was the second (consecutive) game the Cardinals lost after leading (by 3) at the half.
They have also won two games that they were trailing at the half.
:shrug:
...dave
Dave they are winning in the second half against Minnesota as well. I think there is at least another game but I haven’t gone back to look yet.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The last phrase in the PFT article “what should be an interesting offseason in Arizona” is the writer’s way of saying “Fire SK and KK!”

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The last phrase in the PFT article “what should be an interesting offseason in Arizona” is the writer’s way of saying “Fire SK and KK!”
There's no excuse to keep Keim, but with Murray out now, these last 4 games could actually save Kliff's job. It all depends on how the offense responds. I'm not saying it should save his job, but it could save it, if the offense performance well and and adapts.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not giving up on him. But realistically I think he's a wash for two years. He will probably play next year but he won't be full Kyler. At full strength he's still gonna be the Kyler people already don't like though. I believe he can improve studying, he has a ton of time now.
Well at least us and Steve Keim can rest assured that Kyler looked way better against the Chargers with a healthy WR core than Tua did.

We only got a game and 3 plays of Kyler, Hop, Hollywood. That momentum will carry us into next year...

where its no guarantee we'll have Kyler, Hop, and Hollywood on the field for any long streches.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am really starting to question McBride's heart in playing the game, especially after seeing him in Conner's TD run. You can see that he just walked away and looked while Conner was pushing for the endzone and was tackled by 4 defenders. In the video below you can get a closer look from 0:27' to 0:31', McBride just side-pushed a Patriots' DB who was not even engaging in the pile, jumped sideways, and walked away, while looking at other Linemen (especially Ford and Garcia, who are no world beater either) keeping pushing the pile. Seems like a voice "hell no, I don't want any part of these" played in his mind.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Did you see the hit he took while making a catch and holding onto the ball. No lack of heart on that play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose